Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minor passport in India when Parent is in abroad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor passport in India when Parent is in abroad.

Hi,

I need to apply passport for my son ( 2months) in India, my family is in India and I am in US. Looks like we need to send a letter to Indian embassy in US and get it attested and then send to India to submit along with passport application?

Can anyone share the letter format that we need to send to embassy and also how long it takes. And also the website says we need to send the orginal passport, is that right?

I am calling several times to Indian consulate but as usual no response.

Help is greatly appreciated.

I don't understand why do you need letter to embassy in US when you are pallying for Indian passport in India. Just ask your family to contact some trave agency to get the passport.

Comment

beause to apply for a minor, both parents have to be present to apply, or if one parent is absent then a consent is needed which in case of one parent being abroad/absent

c) Original passports of parents should be presented for verification of particulars.

(d) If one parent is resident abroad, a Sworn affidavit by the parent resident abroad attested by the Indian Mission along with affidavit from parent residing in India as well be submitted.

N.B.: Ordinarily the consent of both parents is required for issue of a passport to a minor (below 18 years of age). However if it is absolutely not possible due to any reason, the parent applying for a passport for his/her minor child may submit an affidavit (Annexure G) and based on the same passport application will be processed. In case where the parent(s) is/are resident outside India, such consent from the parent(s), in the form of a sworn affidavit, duly attested by the Indian Mission abroad, is acceptable. In the cases where the minor children who are less than 18 years of age, the details of valid passports held by BOTH OR EITHER parents should be furnished. In such cases, passport to their minor child will be issued without any police verification basis. Further, in the cases where the parents do not hold valid passports, applications for such minors can be made on the basis of three documents of parents details of which are given in para C(B) of Section IV of the Passport Information Booklet along with Standard Affidavit Annexure I. In all such cases, passport to their minor child will be issued on post-police verification basis. Children of all ages including new born must apply for separate passports. However, those below 15 years will be given 5 years validity passport or passport till 18 years of age. In case the minor child who is between 15 and 18 years of age wishes to obtain a full validity passport for 10 years, the same can be issued only on post-police verification basis on submission of Standard Affidavit as in Annexure “I” and three of the 14 document of parents details as mentioned in para C (B) of Section IV of Passport Information Booklet and on payment of fee equivalent to the normal passport fee i.e. Rs. 1000/- for a 36 pages passport, as applicable for an adult. In the case of single parents or of parents who are separated but not formally divorced, an affidavit at ‘Annexure C is to be submitted.

For Adopted Children:

In case of Adopted Children the following documents are to be furnished:

i) Valid adoption deed registered as per Indian laws

ii) In the case of Christians, Muslims and Parsis, a court order granting guardianship and allowing the child to be taken out of the Country.

iii) Copy of the guarantee executed before the Court concerned.

Attestation of Power of Attorney/ Sworn Affidavit/Sponsorship Declaration:

Power of Attorney
      a) The name and father's name of the executant should be exactly as in the Passport with expanded initials. The POA should invariably state that "……I (name of applicant), ……….son of (Name of Father) …………resident of ……… (address in India …… and address abroad) and holder of Indian/US Passport No. …….issued on ……. at …………… hereby …………….."
      b A photograph of the executant(s) to be affixed on the POA and notarized by the Notary Public.
      c) An additional photocopy of all documents submitted for attestation be attached (stapled) to the application for office record. The original documents required to be attested and returned to the applicant should not be stapled to the application.

Completed "Misc. Services" application form and passport size photo affixed in the box.
      Applicant's valid passport and a photocopy of pages containing personal particulars (i.e. first and last pages only).
      A copy of valid visa/Green Card and proof of address.
      Original and a photocopy of the document to be attached.
      The Executant(s) of the Affidavit/Power of Attorney can either sign the document before the Consular Officer or get the document notarized. The full name, particulars, photograph and signature of the applicant should correspond with the Passport.
      Fee: $ 20/- per signature for money/property matters; $ 10/- per signature for non-property matters.
      Additional amount of $ 20/- to be added to the fee for return mail by express/Fedex/DHL

Comment

Thanks guys.

Sent the letter and passport to Indian embassy, just waiting for them to respond.

Comment

Minor passport in India when Parent is in abroad.

Hi , I am facing the same scenario. My kid is >1 month old, and I had to fly to US. Is it important to be physically present in Indian Embassy (Chicago in my case) for furnishing the affidavit?
          If no, what needs to be sent to the embassy for the same via mail/FedEx?
          Any idea how much time do they take for the processing??

Would really appreciate the response.

Comment

help me please

I have to get sworn affidavit form embassy for applying passport for my kid in India ; and when reading the steps in web page of embassy in DC, they have not mentioned any thing about

1. Notarized birth certificate of the child? is it needed

2. Spouse name in passport ? we don't have it added in both my passport and my wife's passport .

will that cause any issue in getting sworn affidavit.

3. do i have to give marriage certificate if my spouse name is not there in passport

4. And the confusing part is how to get the photo notarized . is it done by attaching any standard document

Please help

Comment

Read complete procedure at https:///indian-passport-services-in...r-country.html
              Immihelp Support
              No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Need info about passport renewal

My family is in India and they will be back to USA end of Aug'2009. My 2 kid's passport expires on Dec-12'2009. I like to know it is OK to travel to USA with only 3 months validity passport at the time of arrival. Getting passport renewed in India is a hassle since they need more docs as I am here in USA. My family is having Green Card. I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Comment

Minor passport in India when Parent is in abroad

Hi All,

I am looking for same kind of service. My kid is in INDIA with my wife. my wife has passport and i m here in US. Highly apprecieated if anyone can guide me how to apply and what process need to follow?

THanks,
                  Vipul.

Comment

hi

I have sent my docs too for the affidavit. However I have sent only the notarized photocopy of my passport and not the original.I am waiting for their response.

Comment

Originally posted by jgramya View Post
                      I have sent my docs too for the affidavit. However I have sent only the notarized photocopy of my passport and not the original.I am waiting for their response.
                      Hi, Have you got your affidavit? .......where do we need to specify the mailing address.....in affidavit application form ..does residence and mailing address neeeds to be same? Mailing fee and app fee 20**0 can be sent as a single cashier's cheque, right?

Comment

Hi All,

I got sworn affidavit in Jan-2010. Let me explain you what documents are required. This process is very simple, don't take much pain, because i gone through all pain.

This Documents, i used for Washington, DC:

1) child-indian-passport-affidavit-one-parent.pdf(Sworn Affidavit, attached)
                        2) APPLICATION FOR MISCELLANEOUS SERVICES (tick others option, and in first page fill applicant's details)
                        3) Online Application Form (for Washington, DC. If you are sending by mail then it is just for their records, if you are go in personal then it is considered as appointment)
                        4) Notarized Birth Certificate (if it is not in English)
                        5) Residence Proof(Lease, electricity bill etc.)
                        6) Fees (if you are sending by mail, then return mail charges.

Embassy will take 3 working weeks if you are sending in mail. if you are going in personal then it will be done in 1 day.

In case of any doubts, mail me on [email protected] or call me any time : 704 906 2675.

Regards,
                        Vipul

Originally posted by vipulkgosai View Post
                        Hi All,

I am looking for same kind of service. My kid is in INDIA with my wife. my wife has passport and i m here in US. Highly apprecieated if anyone can guide me how to apply and what process need to follow?

you can reply on [email protected]

THanks,
                        Vipul.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by vipulkgosai; 06-06-2010, 05:26 PM. Reason: add more information.

Comment

Passport renewal for my child

Hi,

I am residing in USA, Sanfrancisco. I need to renew my child's passport residing with me in USA, but I cannot get her father's signature who is in India on application form. Please help and send some suggestions how to renew it in this scenario. I need the help very urgently.

Thank you.

N

Comment

I'm also in same boat

Hello Guys..
                            I'm also in same boat as you guys are. This thread gave me lot's of information.

I have to get sworn affidavit form embassy for applying passport for my daughter in India ; and when reading the steps in web page of embassy in SF, they have not mentioned nothing.

My daughter is in india with my parents, and we both mother and father living in usa. We are bringing her here next year and i need to apply her passport asap.

As we are here,

1. can we apply passport by mail ?
                            2. For sworn affidavit what we need, can any body post the affidavit if both parents are abroad.
                            3. Do we need to get Power Of Attorney also and
                            send that to india for applying the passport (if my parent apply the passport)
                            if yes can anyone please post the text for the "Power Of Attorney"

Please help

Comment

sworn affadavit

hi iqbal

did u get any clarity about this affadavit.
                              i am in a same position as you are.
                              please let me know if you know the details

Originally posted by ramaniqbal View Post
                              Hello Guys..
                              I'm also in same boat as you guys are. This thread gave me lot's of information.

I have to get sworn affidavit form embassy for applying passport for my daughter in India ; and when reading the steps in web page of embassy in SF, they have not mentioned nothing.

My daughter is in india with my parents, and we both mother and father living in usa. We are bringing her here next year and i need to apply her passport asap.

As we are here,

1. can we apply passport by mail ?
                              2. For sworn affidavit what we need, can any body post the affidavit if both parents are abroad.
                              3. Do we need to get Power Of Attorney also and
                              send that to india for applying the passport (if my parent apply the passport)
                              if yes can anyone please post the text for the "Power Of Attorney"

Please help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X