Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minor passport in India when Parent is in abroad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applying for minors passport in india

Can we mail notorized copy of original passport instead of original passport to Indian embassy for getting affedavit?

Comment

How to get sworn affidavit

Hi All,

Again i am posting on same thread. Let me explain you process in details.

First collect all documents
      1) your kid's birth certificate (Ask ur family to send scan and attach in mail, prefered color otherwise b/w will do)
      2) Your ID proof like license copy or valid government issued proof
      3) your address proof like electricity bill, lease agreement
      4) Most important Sworn Affidavit. Fill it and get it notorized in my previous post i hv attached.
      5) Application Form. All embassy have application form for any kind of service. Here you are the applicant so fill ur details with ur photo. and tick last option.
      6) Passport. If you are going in personal then better carry ur passport. But If ur sending through mail, then Ideally speaking its depends on embassy to embassy. But i hv heared from many people that notorized copy of all pages of ur passport will sufficient. In that case no need to send your original passport. During my time, i sent my original passport through mail. It is ok here to send your original passport through mail, but you have to make sure you are taking proper service from postal. Like they are giving some option like Receipt Authorization(this will tell you who has received your courier) and overnight delivery. You can track online. Only drawback here is embassy's processing time. Few embassy will take 3 days, one week or 3 week time (excluding holiday and weekends). So you have to patience.
      7) A Copy of work authorization Letter like L1 approval or H1 Approval etc...
      8) Fees. Generally $10 is application fees. chk ur embassy site. Issue Money Order. If you are sending through mail then $20 for overnight return service. so in that case 2 money order 1 for $10 and 2 for $20.
      9) Not required but important one is letter to embassy for service

If you need any help i m still available on 704 906 2675
      To,

The Consulate General Of India,
      Indian Consulate,
      [Washington , DC]

Sub : Application for Sworn Affidavit.

Dear Sir,

I am hereby submitting the application for Sworn Affidavit for my daughter’s passport.
      The procedure given at your website is followed and all the required documents are also enclosed with.

I am staying in USA and my wife and daughter are staying in INDIA. My wife is applying for my daughter’s passport in INDIA.

In case need any further information or clarification; please do not hesitate to call me at [ YYYY X)

Thanking you in anticipation.

Your name
      Enclosures:

1. My original current passport ( <Passport NO>)
      2. Completed application Form.
      3. Sworn Affidavit
      4. Notarized Birth Certificate
      5. Money Order of 30$ (inclusive $20 for overnight return service)
      6. A Copy of Lease Agreement
      7. A Copy of Lerner permit
      8. A Copy of work authorization I-797 approval.

Comment

Regarding my daughter's PassPort Renewal

Hello ,

I am searching for the information about how to get my Daughter's passport renew as she is in india with her grandparents and we both father and mother are here in US.She has to go for US Visa Stamping but since her Passport gets expire in August so first she needs to get her passport renew.

Please provide me some information about how to do this process when both the parents are abroad.

do we need to follow the same procedure as mentioned above .

But the sworn certificate attached above needs info about one parent and while the other will be in india to apply for kids passport.
        what if both the parents are in abroad and Grand parents apply for her passport renewal?

Help me out by providing all the info.
        Last edited by mdsultana; 04-28-2011, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Need Affidavit for minor passort but don't have leasing agreement for address proof

Thanks for good guidelines, but I have one question

This is regarding making Affidavit for my daughter's passport which is staying in India, currently I have following documents
          1. Company salary slip on current residential address.
          2. Bank Statement with current residential address.
          3. Blue letter for driving license with current residential address.
          4. Mobile bill monthly statement on the current address.

I do not have leasing agreement for the current residential address as I am staying with my friends.

So these above mentioned documents will be sufficient for the getting Affidavit for the minor passport?

Could you please assist me for the document and process?
          Last edited by VishalWhawal; 05-05-2011, 10:22 PM. Reason: Making it as urgent help - appreciated

Comment

How to get affidavit from NY Consulate

Hi, I had visited NY consulate to get affidavit for my daughter's passport on 21st Mar 2012. I am living in US , while my wife and daughter are in India. Hence I decided to take affidavit for my daughter. Here is very simple process for NY Consulate ( I am not sure of other consulates)

Docs required when you go in person:

1. Original passport with I-94 ( preferrably with I-94)
            2. Two copies of the affidavit signed by you. Here in the application downloaded from NY consulate website, you find both father and mother name to sign. But you sign as applicable (father/mother) and leave the other one blank. May be mother has to sign while applying for passport in India in front of the passport officer ( but I am not sure)

Thats it, you dont need of any other docs like address proof, identity proof ...nothing. Why I am saying this is, before I am going to NY consulate I was skeptic what all docs should I carry? Especially I was staying with my friends, so I did not have any address proof

Fee: USD 10 only

When and how should you go:

1. Go early in the morning. The reason is applications are accepted till 12: 15PM or so. After that no applications are accepted.
            2.Better to be by 8:30AM, you may find some queue by then !
            3. You will be given a serial number at the entrance
            4. wait in the down stairs ( left hand side) till your number is called upon in electronic display
            5. show the docs to the officer and pay USD10
            6. They keep the passport and 2 copies of the affidavit with them and you will be given a receipt for 10 USD
            7. They will ask you show up in the evening 4:30PM or so, as per the crowd
            8. Go in the evening to collect Asst Consular signed affidavit and your passport

Thats all, go back to home with smiling face and guessing your baby soon in US.

Comment

Hi Venudhar,

Thanks for the posting.

Do we need to notorize the affidavit signed by you?

Thanks
              Chandra

Comment

What other docs required to apply for Minor passport?

Hi All,

This thread gave me lot of information to get Minor's passport. I have few more questions.

(1) I was in Chennai before coming to US and my renewed passport is showing Chennai address. Now, my family is in Hyd along with my parents. Can my wife apply for my baby's passport in Hyd OR does she need to apply in Chennai ?

(2) What other documents are required to be submitted along with Sworn Affidavit and Birth Certificate ?

(3) To which address, my baby's passport would be delivered?

Your clarification is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Comment

to apply passport for minor

Hi,

This thread gave me lot of information to get Minor's passport.

To get affidavit from indian consulate:

Required documents:
                  1. Take filled affidavit form with your signature (two copies).
                  2. Take passport original and photocopy (two photos copies).
                  3. Take 10$ fee.

Process:
                  1. Go early hours and get the token.
                  2. Wait for your turn and submit all the docs above mentioned.
                  3. For me they told that come and collect the letter at 12'O clock.

Apply minor passport in india
                  1. Submit the application form in online and get the appointment.
                  2. Take the affidavit original letter which was given in indian consulate.
                  3. Take your spouse passport.
                  4. mention the spouse passport address in the application, they will send the passport to applied address.

Thanks!!

Comment

reply your query

(1) I was in Chennai before coming to US and my renewed passport is showing Chennai address. Now, my family is in Hyd along with my parents. Can my wife apply for my baby's passport in Hyd OR does she need to apply in Chennai ?

Your passport address is not a problem. If your wife passport is showing HYD address, then she can apply in HYD.
                    You are not in india, so your wife passport address is important.

(2) What other documents are required to be submitted along with Sworn Affidavit and Birth Certificate ?

Other than you mentioned your wife passport required.

(3) To which address, my baby's passport would be delivered?

To applied address.

Thanks.

Comment

Can i alone go to india and apply passport for my kid

hi all,

Can some one pls help me..Me and my husband both stay in different places in UK.I need to apply for passport for my kid who is in INDIA.
                      My husband cant come to india present situation.I alone need to go and apply a passport for him. Can some one pls let me know the process what to be followed in UK and in INDIA.

Comment

Applying for Minor passport - Father in US and Mother in India Visa extn pending

Hi,

I want to apply for passport in India for my daughter (Who is born in india) and she is now with my spouse in India.

I have applied for visa extension and as per the documents required on Indian Commision site they need receipt notice of
                        Visa extension as well handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to regularize status). I am not sure what shall I write in a handwritten note? Can any one help me on this.

Per my understanding documents required are below

1. Miscellaneous Services Form
                        2. Notorized affidavit fillld form
                        3. Current passport in original and photocopy of the first five pages and last two pages of the current passport.
                        4. I-797 (Copy of the receipt notice)
                        5. Driving Licence /Eletricity bill

6. Two cashiers check of $10 and $20 for fee and return mail payable to Embassy of India - Washington DC.
                        7. Cashiers check of $3 payable to Embassy of India- Washington DC for Indian Community Welfare Fee (ICWF)
                        8. handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to regularize status

I am concerned about document #8. Please help.
                        I am staying in orlando and have to apply through mail so little concern with all documents
                        Last edited by [email protected]; 11-01-2012, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Can go alone

Originally posted by rajeswaridevi View Post
                          hi all,

Can some one pls help me..Me and my husband both stay in different places in UK.I need to apply for passport for my kid who is in INDIA.
                          My husband cant come to india present situation.I alone need to go and apply a passport for him. Can some one pls let me know the process what to be followed in UK and in INDIA.
                          Yes of course, one parent going to India should be more than enough. If your husband stays back and you are going then you will need an Affidavit from you husband.

Affidavit - It is the sworn document from the male parent declaring that the child's passport is being applied in India by his spouse with his consent.
                          WHY: The passport office in India asks for it as a legal proof to confirm that the childs passport is being applied, with the consent of the father living abroad.
                          HOW: I am in US, but the process obviously should remain the same. You need to get the filled Affidavit form attested from the local Indian Consulate nearby.
                          WHAT:
                          1. You will need to fill in the Affidavit form for Child's passport and an Application form-with passport photo affixed (for miscelleneous services - marking the required category, i.e. for Child/Minor passport in India or something similar). These forms will be available in your nearby consulate website.
                          2. You will need to submit documents (Notarised photocopy) -
                          a. Father's passport (I think first 5 pages and last 3 pages) & Visa page,
                          b. Local(UK) Residence proof -Lease agreement or document of house if owned
                          c. Photo ID(Driving License, etc.)
                          d. Child's birth certificate - ATTESTED IN INDIA - scanned copy should be enough)

3. Probably you will need to get additional copy of Affidavit form and get both original and copy notarised, before applying to consulate for attestation.
                          4. Nominal fees whatever specified in the consulate site.
                          WHERE:
                          You(your husband) go to the nearest consulate with these documents and application and get the Affidavit form attested or it by postal they will need the original passport also to be sent along with the other documents. So better to go in person.
                          So, search for more details in and regarding the nearest Indian consulate at your Husband's locale and get started.
                          Beware:When applying for the passport in India, take care that the address in your passport and the Child's passport application are matching.

As I looked into, there seems to be 3 consulates in UK.

All the Best!
                          -Suresh
                          Last edited by pass2pgsb; 11-13-2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                            Hi,

I want to apply for passport in India for my daughter (Who is born in india) and she is now with my spouse in India.

I have applied for visa extension and as per the documents required on Indian Commision site they need receipt notice of
                            Visa extension as well handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to regularize status). I am not sure what shall I write in a handwritten note? Can any one help me on this.

Per my understanding documents required are below

1. Miscellaneous Services Form
                            2. Notorized affidavit fillld form
                            3. Current passport in original and photocopy of the first five pages and last two pages of the current passport.
                            4. I-797 (Copy of the receipt notice)
                            5. Driving Licence /Eletricity bill

6. Two cashiers check of $10 and $20 for fee and return mail payable to Embassy of India - Washington DC.
                            7. Cashiers check of $3 payable to Embassy of India- Washington DC for Indian Community Welfare Fee (ICWF)
                            8. handwritten note detailing the efforts being taken to regularize status

I am concerned about document #8. Please help.
                            I am staying in orlando and have to apply through mail so little concern with all documents
                            I suggest you to better go to this link and then into the nearest consulate website and look for consular services or consular miscelleneous services.

You have to apply at the consulate which is applicable to you. So check that also and then apply(check thru "Consular Jurisdiction from 1st October 2012" tab on the right)
                            And again Jurisdictions for Visa related processes and Passport & Miscelleneous services vary. So be cautious.
                            I guess excluding the website of the Indian Consulate at Houston all other Consulates have a clear and better website to look into details.

All the Best !
                            -Suresh

Comment

Clarification

Hi

I am currently in US

I am trying to get the AFFIDAVITS FOR CHILDS PASSPORT TO BE ISSUED IN INDIA

I have other doccuments ready
                              But not able to understand what "The Affidavit form needs to be notarized" means
                              do I have to get the same on a stamp paper?
                              if yes what value?
                              If no what does this mean
                              How can I get the same here in US

thanks
                              Sam

Comment

minor passport in india when parent is in abroad

Hi,

Please can some one tell the procedure to take the affdavit from indian consultae houston by in person or through mail from my daughter.she is staying with my spouse in india.

Thanks
                                Maddy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X