Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa appointments at Chennai

Hi,

I am trying to book an appointment for a F1 visa at the Chennai consulate. Every time time I try to do so, I get a message saying 'Interview Appointments not currently available, please check back in 24 hours'. I have been seeing the same message for the past one month without any luck. Does anyone know if there is any particular time the dates are open to public for booking?

Any input on this is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Muthu

Chennai consulate used to open up appointments towards the end of the month for future months. I'm not sure what the current procedure is. You should keep checking.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Try for Tourist

Try for Tourist

Comment

Originally posted by 45868
        Try for Tourist
        You must be kidding! The person wants a F1 visa and he should book for a F1 appointment, not a tourist. If consulates find out such tricks being employed or choosing emergency appointments, they can ask a person to come back after 120 days without taking the interview.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks. I will keep checking when F1 appointment slots open up.

Comment

Emergency Quota

Hi Muthu,
            You can book an emergency quota.
            Any student with a valid I 20 whose college is opening within 120 days of the date of emergency appointment can go through this route and book a date.
            You must have an I 20 otherwise you cannot take this route.

Comment

The below statement is true ONLY if you have not been refused a visa within the last six months.

>>Hi Muthu,
              You can book an emergency quota.
              Any student with a valid I 20 whose college is opening within 120 days of the date of emergency appointment can go through this route and book a date.
              You must have an I 20 otherwise you cannot take this route.

Comment

Hello,

Has anyone had any luck in booking ordinary F1 visa appointments in Chennai consultae? I've been trying since a month now and no luck...appts havent opened up yet.
                Any help is appreciated!

Comment

appointment

Hi ,
                  you need to check the chennai consaulate frequently ( every one hour or 2 hours) so that you will find definitley

Originally posted by muthusam
                  Hi,

I am trying to book an appointment for a F1 visa at the Chennai consulate. Every time time I try to do so, I get a message saying 'Interview Appointments not currently available, please check back in 24 hours'. I have been seeing the same message for the past one month without any luck. Does anyone know if there is any particular time the dates are open to public for booking?

Any input on this is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
                  Muthu

Comment

Hi tinku,

Have you booked an ordinary F1 appt recently? If so, what day/time did the slot open up and when did you get it for? Please let me know.

Thank you!

Comment

appointments

Hi,

I checked 2 hours ago some dates are available end of this month (emrgency). I a waiting for I-20. once i got it i will take an appointment. Any way where are you from? If you are from Hyd, please let me know. where do you get documentation for F1

Originally posted by sangeethad
                      Hi tinku,

Have you booked an ordinary F1 appt recently? If so, what day/time did the slot open up and when did you get it for? Please let me know.

Thank you!

Comment

Hi tinku,

I'm aware that F1 appts are available in the emergency slot. But my brother doesnt qualify for it as his visa has been rejected once and so we are looking for ordinary appointments which havent opened up so far; been trying since over a month now and no luck. Let me know if you or anyone else you know have booked a slot under ordinary appointment recently (not the emergency one).

For the other details, i've sent you a private message.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi prakashkundur,

Is the emergency appointment also valid for folks who have started school? Here is my case. My friend completed a semester on H4 and has changed her status to F1 recently. She is traveling to India and hence needs to get a F1 visa stamped on her way back. She holds a valid I-20.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X