F1 visa---third attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa---third attempt

I am thinking about applying for third time. I have been rejected twice before. One was on August,2000. The interview lasted for a minute. My English skills were awful to say the least and my toefl score was way too low for a four year program. The interviewer who was a young girl who had asked me why my toefl score was low and your english was not good and rejected my visa by saying that :you are not eligible for us visa.

Due to bad circumstances in my family like my two older sisters were phyciatrist patients and there were a lot of problems they had created that I had to cope with. I was too diagonesed as a bi-polar patient later in life. My whole life was ruined and I could not function as a normal man. Now after a gap of 6 years I applied again because my mom was passed away and I had to study again and this time I wanted to study in the usa. I can not do anything if I live at the same house with the same mentally-ill peple.

I was rejected again on July 6, 2006. This time the VO was an older man.

This interview was a bit detailed.

Me: How you doing sir, ?

VO: I am doing quite well. He had a slight smirk like he had already made up his mind but I just shrugged it off. he did not ask for my well-being.

VO: What is your university name?

Me: California state university, long beach.
    Vo: How do you find it?
    Me: online through internet
    Vo: What is the length of your course?
    Me: 5 years...as written on I-20.
    Vo: What is your choosen field?
    Me: MIS, Management information system.
    Vo: Did you take any courses in your chosen field?
    Me: None.
    Vo: Did you have any work experience?
    Me: none. I did not do any work.
    Vo: Why do you want to go to the usa?
    Me: To study advanced courses in my choosen field.
    Vo: What were you doing since 2000?
    Me: I could not say I was out of reality....bi-polar depression. I just said I improved my English skills as it was the main reason why I was rejected.
    Vo: Did you take ESL courses?
    Me: I took them at a local institue but they were not helpful and improved my english on my own through movies and reading books.
    Vo: Who is sponsoring you?
    Me: My older bro
    Vo: What is he doing?
    Me: He is working as a Radio frequency Engineer.
    Vo: How long has he been living in the usa?
    Me: Since 1996.
    Vo: On what visa did he go for the usa? F1 or H1...he gave me the option.
    Me: F1...
    Vo: How many siblings are living in the usa?
    Me: My two brothers right now......(just for your info at immihelp, my parents have got 5 years visit visa before, one of my older sisters was living in the usa before she was divorced because of her mental illness.)
    Vo: What are they doing?
    Me: One is currently studying at UC Berkeley and the other one was a radio frequency engineer.
    Vo: How long has he been at UC berkeley?
    Me: like two months
    Vo: What do my parents do?
    Me: My father is a retired officer...he was an audit officer and my mom died last year.
    Vo: How long has he been retired?
    Me: since 1998.

Between questions he was typing something in his computer not at the end of the interview.

He handed a white paper over the counter and I wanted to say something in reply. he clearly stopped me from saying anything with his hand. His explanation started like this:

You are not a VERY serious student. You should have taken courses into your chosen field. It is not a PERMANENT refusal.
    Whenever you come next time bring with some course attended or some work experience. Your brother immigrated from F1 visa so that thing
    did not go well in your favor. I got his point of view and I did not argue for a single moment. I Just said : No problem, bye.
    I was about to hang up the phone. He stopped me again from doing that. When I looked at his face for a couple of seconds,
    he was saying good-bye to me in a sarcastic(embarrassing, i dont know) smile. I did not know what to do at the moment...i was expecting something more..but he didnt say anything
    My head was moved a bit downward because of his face expression...i was unable to handle his strange/sarcastic smile.
    I was without my hand reciever I didn't know what he was saying. He was again on a 20 second speech..i didnt simply hear what he was saying..
    when he finally looked at me i was out of interest and wanted to hang up the conversation so I amiably nodded my head that
    way towards him. It also seemed like from his face expression that he had contradicted himself and i think he was slightly embarrassed so he was away from the window abruptly and returned my passport back to me. His head was down. He was not typing anything
    in his computer....and i left the window as well.

One thing that irked me the most when he told me that my older brother immigrated from fi to hi....well, my another brother who got his student visa
    in 2002 but that thing did not go against him. As you know, my older brother has been living since 1996...the same reason
    desnt go well in one bro's case and goes well in other bro's case. Also, what about my honesty? I did not make up anything.
    I did not cover up any thing with false documentation yet I was rejected.

Should I apply next time? Do I have to show course certificates into my chosen field? One more question, do these VO have access to profiles of
    my other family members who have lived in the usa in the past? I think i might have hurt his ego...but I don't think so...he had minded it at all...

Thanks.
    Last edited by asad100101; 05-24-2008, 07:47 AM.

Asad: I'm sorry to hear this....I assume that even though you were honest, it was still not too favorable for you that your brother immigrated to the US from an F1 visa. As an F1, you actually say, you have no intention whatsoever to immigrate to the US. You want to study there, and you have ties to your country of which you'll return at the end of your program. Even though you were honest, in their eye, your brother wasn't. So, they cannot believe that you won't stay....because you could stay. You're brother would sponsor you and apply for you for a residency. It's a possible thread to them, so to say. So it is a hard situation....I never ever lied, so I can't give you an advice as to lie to them when applying and don't tell them that your brother is there- since if they wanted, they could find it out in a couple of hours. I think it was wise from the guy that you should definitely do some courses....you know, like getting a Bsc first, and say you plan to go for a Msc degree in the US. Then they would say, that you're actually a motivated individual who likes to broaden their area of interested. Also, it would be wise in your case, if you had a house on your name, or a car, or something that would show you that you do wish to come back. After all, it's not too convincing for them that you want to come back when your dad is retired, and your mother passed away already....I dunno if you know what I mean....however, if you have a job, and maybe you even have a letter from them that they're waiting you back and holding you the position you were in, or if you had a sort of degree that would show that you are totally into an area of study....but unless you don't have some more convincing than having a brother living in the US since 1996 (as an entered F1 student) don't apply because I believe, chances are small you would get the visa. Good luck, I wish you all the best!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X