Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help: F1 Visa Interview Question regarding second Master’s

Hi,

I am going for the Master’s program in English (unfunded) at WSU. I have already done Master’s in the same subject here in India. During my pre-application queries about the prospects of doing Ph.D in the US, I came to know from some faculties of some US universities that in the US they might not admit me direct to the Ph.D program, because they “sometimes” do not consider Master’s from India, as a proper equivalent of US Master’s. Keeping it in mind, I applied for the Master’s degree, and got admits from four universities. But recently I came through a few VI cases where the applicants were not granted F1 visa because they were going for a second Master’s (having the first one in India).
    So dear friends, plz help me out with some positive suggestions – how can I prove that I am a genuine student and not a potential immigrant!!

One post in 1 section of the forum is good.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,
      I am facing the same problem. I also applied for second masters. If you find any solution please share.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X