Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source of funding in F1 Visa

Hi guys,

First of let me congratulate the site owners for putting up such a fabulous site! You're doing a great job!!

Here's my case. I've been admitted to a top10 university in US but with zero funding. To get my i-20 I used my uncle's account to show funds. Now after that my dad applied for a study loan and got it sanctioned. So my studies will be funded through the loan. Problem is that I'm confused now as to what I should tell VO when he asks who'll be funding you. Coz i-20 says its my uncle and then I would contradict i-20 by saying that I got a loan now.

Can you please help me ?

Regards,
    Vikram

Nice,i happen to be in the same suitation,i would have request you to ask for a new I-20 from the school,but usefull suggestion from other folks will be appreciated,i happen to have my uncle on my i-20 and later my dad got some funding and he is also supporting me,but i have the old i-20 cos my interview date is close,i think we can have our uncle and dad on the sponsor column on the D-156,usefull information will be appreciated.

Comment

I too thought of getting another i-20 mentioning my funding source as bank loan but then I didn't do that as that would consume another 2 weeks. I plan to appear for my interview during first week of july so I don't have much time left. I haven't yet filled the appointment form. So as per your post I should show my funding source as Loan & Uncle when I fill DS-156? You think that would work? What are the other complications that can happen in my case any idea?

I would like to mention that the bank account that my uncle holds which I used to show funds for my i-20 doesn't contain the required amount now. So when the visa officer asks for my uncle's passbook, he would see no funds Also my uncle is a bit apprehensive about showing his CA Assessment and is not willing to give me his origingal property documents etc. SO this is one reason that I want to take him out of this now.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X