X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94-W

Hi,

I am hoping someone can HELP me.

I am from London, England and I came to the US on November 19th 1999. I was given a I-94-W (visitors waiver) when entering and this was valid for 3 months (til Feb 17, 2000).
    A few days before the I-94-W was to run out, I decided I wanted to stay in the US longer so I consulted TRANSWORLD SERVICES, a small business that helps with immigration. They told me I could probably extend my visa for 6 months and so I tried and sent my I-94-W card to the INS along with $120 and the required forms. I heard no response from them since, nothing in the mail or to TRANSWORLD SERVICES. I called the INS and they said as long as i had an application in for a extension, i was legally here.

Well its August 25 today and if they did extend my visa it would have ended Aug 17 2000. A representative from TRANSWORLD SERVICES went to INS and asked them about my extension application. The INS told him 'they sent some forms out for me to fill in and send back to them', but i never received anything. Now they say that the deadline for the forms i should have sent back has ran out, so i must go back to England as soon as possible.

The thing is i am in a bit of a situation, I currently do not have the financial means to purchase me a plane ticket back home. The person I am living with would help me, but she doesn't have the money right now (but hopefully in a month or two). Is there anyway that I can still stay in the US until she gets the money for me to get back home? I'm kinda afraid now, cause I have no evidence of my application to the INS (only my I-94-W photo-copy, they kept the original). Will I have trouble getting back home once I do get the money, considering I would be leaving the US after my visa ran out.

PLEASE could someone enlighten me on my situation and any HELP would be highly appreciated. Thank you for looking.!!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X