Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re: student visa ? F1

Hi all,

I'm applying for a student visa (F1) and my aunt in the U.S. is sponsoring me. I have a BS in Computer Science (this is what my parents wanted me to pursue), but really wanted to be a nurse. My aunt is giving me an opportunity to study nursing in the U.S all expense paid. I've only applied to a community college with the full intention of transferring to a 4 year college after I get my associate in Nursing to pursue my Bachelors in Nursing. My question is, would it look bad to the VO if I only applied at one college and got selected. Would it make a difference in achieving a visa if I applied to several colleges? Also does it look bad that I already have a BS and pursuing another career?

If you have a college degree already, some of the classes may apply to a BS in nursing so you do not have to start all over again. Some universities have accelerated programs for students who already have a degree. Google "accelerated BSN" to locate programs; in my area it reduces the class time significantly.

I suspect the reason you applied only one place is that you plan to live with your aunt while you study; if this is the case, it is a perfectly understandable reason. It is also true that many people will return to school in order to change careers; nursing is one field where many people come in as a second career.

You need to remember that the key to getting the visa is demonstrating your ties to you home and your intention to return.

Good luck!

Comment

student visa? F1

Yes, you are definitely right. I applied at this specific university to be close to my aunt and therefore reducing the cost of boarding. I do know that some of the classes I've taken for my BS in Computer Science can go towards my BS in Nursing, which helps a lot in cutting down the time that I can finish by degree. I definitely have intentions of going back to my country, as I will be leaving behind my only son, my mother, cousins, aunts, uncles. We all live near each other and all have different houses. My mother will be taking care of my son, while I'm in the U.S. I plan on using my degree to my full advantage when I get back. I'm not sure what else I can give the VO to reassure my intentions of going back to my hometown. Do you guys have any advice as to what will help me in this situation?

Comment

Since you child will be remaining in your home country, I believe you will demonstrate significant ties.

I do encourage you to look at the options for advanced entry into nursing school. If you will tell me where you intend to live, I'll do some research for you.

Comment

chyna,

Check your private messages. C4us

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X