Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1-B RFE: Evaluation of training and Experience by a College Official..Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B RFE: Evaluation of training and Experience by a College Official..Need help

Hi,
    I have applied for H1 this year and my Employer told that i got a RFE on Evaluation of training and Experience by a college Official. there are so many clauses in that query.
    Is it common to get this kind of query?

Has anybody gone through this kind of query.How to handle this.Please help.here i am giving the details.

Evaluation of Training & Experience:The petitioner is attempting to establish that the beneficiary qualifies to perform services in specialty occupation based on a combination of education, specialized training , and/or progressively responsible experience that is equivalent to completion of united states baccalaureate or higher degree in the specialty occupation, and that the beneficiary has recognition of expertise in the specialty through progressively responsible positions directly related to the specialty.

There for provide at least one of the following to establish the level and type of training and /or experience of the beneficiary has obtained and its educational equivalent in the United states:

Evaluation of Training and /or Experience by College Official:
    Submit an evaluation from an official who has authority to grant college-level credit for training and/or experience in the specialty Computer Programmer . The evaluation must be from an accredited college or university that has a program for granting such credit in the field of study based on individual’s training and/or work experience.

experts please help me.

Thanks
    byk

This is normal for people with no 16 year education or with a BS from a non- CS field and that is applying for IT jobs.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Evaluation of training and Experience by a College Official..Need help

txh1b,
      thanks for your quick response.But i have 16 years of experience and Bachelor of engineering in computer science and 7 years of IT experence.
      I think its my bad luck..that i should get this kind of RFE..

Anyway Can you tell how what should proceed further..Do i need to go to university professor or registrar for getting the evaluation done..there are so many clauses they mentioned in that RFE like the one below:

Note: College or university professors writing evaluation as consultants on behalf of private educational credentials evaluations firms will not satisfy this requirement as regulations limit the scope of their evaluation to only foreign education.

when i consulted a company there are charging $450 for this kind of evaluation through a professor..Please suggest me correct way to handle this RFE.

Thanks,
      byk.
      Originally posted by txh1b
      This is normal for people with no 16 year education or with a BS from a non- CS field and that is applying for IT jobs.

Comment

Your employer and attorney should be able to handle that. If you don't have a US degree, an education eval is almost mandatory.

Nothing to worry about. Your employer can take care of it. Education evals can cost from $150-400 depending on who is doing it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Evaluation of training and Experience by a College Official..Need help

Hi Txh1b,
          Thanks for your help.I will call my employer and see what he is going to do with this RFE.

Originally posted by txh1b
          Your employer and attorney should be able to handle that. If you don't have a US degree, an education eval is almost mandatory.

Nothing to worry about. Your employer can take care of it. Education evals can cost from $150-400 depending on who is doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by byk View Post
            Hi Txh1b,
            Thanks for your help.I will call my employer and see what he is going to do with this RFE.
            I got similar RFE. Did you get your H1 approved? What approach you followed?

Comment

Originally posted by SidH1bRFE View Post
              I got similar RFE. Did you get your H1 approved? What approach you followed?
              Yes it got approved. I found a professor in a univ near my place and had evaluation done.

Comment

Urgent help for rfe

Yes it got approved. I found a professor in a univ near my place and had evaluation done.
                Thanks. Was the evaluation done on professor/university letterhead or you approached some agency like morning side? Did you get expert opinion letter as well? Can you give full details of ur approach? Its urgent as i have to respond in 2 weeks.
                Last edited by SidH1bRFE; 09-11-2015, 02:29 AM. Reason: Urgent help for rfe

Comment

Thanks. Was the evaluation done on professor/university letterhead or you approached some agency like morning side? Did you get expert opinion letter as well? Can you give full details of ur approach? Its urgent as i have to respond in 2 weeks.
                  evaluation was done on professor/university letterhead. No expert opinion letter.

Comment

evaluation was done on professor/university letterhead. No expert opinion letter.
                    Thanks. Even I have a 4 years BE degree in computer science but still got this rfe. Initially my employer thought of getting expert letter but now changed plan. He is just getting education evaluation from morning side. The professor is the director of a design school and his evaluation will be on morning side letterhead and not on university/professor letterhead. Do you recommend getting evaluation from a computer systems professor and on university/professor letterhead?And do u recommend getting expert letter as well? Pls suggest as little time left.

Comment

Thanks. Even I have a 4 years BE degree in computer science but still got this rfe. Initially my employer thought of getting expert letter but now changed plan. He is just getting education evaluation from morning side. The professor is the director of a design school and his evaluation will be on morning side letterhead and not on university/professor letterhead. Do you recommend getting evaluation from a computer systems professor and on university/professor letterhead?And do u recommend getting expert letter as well? Pls suggest as little time left.
                      Did you get the approval?

Comment

Did you get the approval

Did you get the approval

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X