visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visa stamping

am working in USA for last 3.5 years on L1 visa. I want to go back to India and come back with visa stamped. My L1 was extended a few months back. I never went back to India after I came to USA 3.5 years ago.

I was arrested on domestic violence charge. My finger prints were taken. The case was dismissed after my wife withdrew charges. There was no fine.

Is it going to be a problem in getting visa stamped? Will I get visa immediately or will consulate take time for verifying my records? How many months will they take?

I got reply for this from txh1b in another thread. Thank you very much txh1b. Please answer whether it is going to be problem every time I go for stamping or for only first time?

Please help.

You have to disclose the arrest in DS156 and take certified court dismissal records. You going through a background check when going for a visa depends on if your name gets a hit or not in the database. If you had your finger prints taken, you will possibly get a hit.

It may result in delays everytime. Best bet is to look into expungement (this clears (seals) the arrest record and FPs from FBI) but you still have to disclose it for all immigration purposes.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

i would like to know the out come of your case/ stamping and re entry in US .

Originally posted by 7603rara View Post
      am working in USA for last 3.5 years on L1 visa. I want to go back to India and come back with visa stamped. My L1 was extended a few months back. I never went back to India after I came to USA 3.5 years ago.

I was arrested on domestic violence charge. My finger prints were taken. The case was dismissed after my wife withdrew charges. There was no fine.

Is it going to be a problem in getting visa stamped? Will I get visa immediately or will consulate take time for verifying my records? How many months will they take?

I got reply for this from txh1b in another thread. Thank you very much txh1b. Please answer whether it is going to be problem every time I go for stamping or for only first time?

Please help.
      I am in similar situaltion and had same problem , wanted to know did you get your visa stamped,? could you share your experience? this will help me a lot as i am v much worried. Were you able to re enter? my husband is given 221 g yellow form. and he was arrested for DV but not charged or convicted. Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by lost4life View Post
        I am in similar situaltion and had same problem , wanted to know did you get your visa stamped,? could you share your experience? this will help me a lot as i am v much worried. Were you able to re enter? my husband is given 221 g yellow form. and he was arrested for DV but not charged or convicted. Please help.
        What was the outcome ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X