Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get FBI fingerprinting done from India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello

Originally posted by chimanrao View Post
    Since I've been working on my papers for Australia, I've been trying to get fingerprinting done in Bangalore. I'll share my experiences for everybodys benefit.
    Right behind Madiwala Police Station (Across from the Madiwala vegetable market) is the forensics department, which will be able to help you get your fingerprints on the FD-258 form.

I took the FD-258 printed on a glossy card, but they advised AGAINST that. They said glossy finish could smudge the fingerprints, so I gave them a regular A4 size office printout paper sheet with the FD-258 printed on it.

They did a nice job of taking my fingerprints. They used ink film strips .. very professional. They asked for the following documents:
    1. Address proof: Lease copy.
    2. Address proof: Airtel landline bills.
    3. ID proof: License copy.
    4. University degree copy (Since I said Im going for work, they wanted to see my qualifications)
    5. My passport copy.
    6. Payment challan.

The payment must be made at Mysore Bank on Lady Curzon Road (Infantry Road). The Forensic dept. people will tell you the account number, 'payable to' etc. and other details for making the payment. Once that is made, the bank will give you a stamped challan, which you take back to the Forensic dept at Madiwala.

I have to still send the fingerprints to FBI. Once I do, I'll let you know if they accept the documents, but I think it should go through fine, since they have done quite a good job with my FD-258
    I have been hunting for finger printing for FBI and US PCC. I tried the Finder Printing bureau near Madivala as suggested, but they clearly declined and also mentioned that finger printing can only be done through police stations. Now there are 2 things here, #1 What Police Stations provide are 'verification' of finger prints and you need to make the application at Police Commissioners office. #2 Finger printing bureau is for govt and court purposes. Logically they shouldn't be entertaining any individual requests for private finger printing.

Now since someone here mentioned he has got it done through them, I trust it was done, but unfortunately I was denied. Kindly note that what FBI needs is 'finger prints' and not 'verified finger prints'. So verification services of police is not needed, though it remains a question, that if we do not get it done from Police or 'any authorised agency' how can FBI confirm that the prints are not tampered.

#1 the Police process is; download form from KSP website, pay the fees at Bangalore One, take the receipt and got to Commissioner office, make the application, they will then instruct local PO to come and verify address, take your prints and send the report to commissioner office, you need to collect the report from there.

In any case I availed the services of JK Consultants for finger printing, for 2 reasons, it was quicker and I didn't trust the quality of prints done at police stations.

How JK works is they have a person, affiliated to them, in JP Nagar and you can take an appointment and go to her. They charge 4000INR, which is a bit expensive for this purpose. I am not writing the name/number of the person who does the print as it would be breech of privacy.
    Last edited by ausimm; 09-24-2012, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ausimm View Post
      I have been hunting for finger printing for FBI and US PCC. I tried the Finder Printing bureau near Madivala as suggested, but they clearly declined and also mentioned that finger printing can only be done through police stations. Now there are 2 things here, #1 What Police Stations provide are 'verification' of finger prints and you need to make the application at Police Commissioners office. #2 Finger printing bureau is for govt and court purposes. Logically they shouldn't be entertaining any individual requests for private finger printing.

Now since someone here mentioned he has got it done through them, I trust it was done, but unfortunately I was denied. Kindly note that what FBI needs is 'finger prints' and not 'verified finger prints'. So verification services of police is not needed, though it remains a question, that if we do not get it done from Police or 'any authorised agency' how can FBI confirm that the prints are not tampered.

#1 the Police process is; download form from KSP website, pay the fees at Bangalore One, take the receipt and got to Commissioner office, make the application, they will then instruct local PO to come and verify address, take your prints and send the report to commissioner office, you need to collect the report from there.

In any case I availed the services of JK Consultants for finger printing, for 2 reasons, it was quicker and I didn't trust the quality of prints done at police stations.

How JK works is they have a person, affiliated to them, in JP Nagar and you can take an appointment and go to her. They charge 4000INR, which is a bit expensive for this purpose. I am not writing the name/number of the person who does the print as it would be breech of privacy.
      Wanted to update that my FBI PCC did arrive this week and they have been quite within their lead times of 4-6 weeks. This was my first attempt to get the PCC from FBI and it has worked well

Comment

Originally posted by ausimm View Post
        Wanted to update that my FBI PCC did arrive this week and they have been quite within their lead times of 4-6 weeks. This was my first attempt to get the PCC from FBI and it has worked well

Hi @ausimm, I am in need of getting the PCC done for Canadian PR. Can you please advice on how you received the PCC from FBI? did you attach any self attested envelope? I am on clock, your reply will be of huge help. Thanks!

Comment

Do it yourself!!!

I did it myself and was successful. I had very legible fingerprints but my wife had really weak fingerprints. But we tried our best to give the most legible fingerprints.

If the fingers are very dry then putting oil on them helps.

Mentioning SSN if you have one helps with getting results esp if FBI has you fingerprints in their database. Also if there is a partial match to immigration fingerprints then those can be used by FBI instead of the one being sent on paper. It seems all DHS fingerprints are part of fbi database and are more reliable because of their quality.

Take a black ink pad, ceramic or otherwise. Take a lot of practice fingerprints on paper.

Print multiple fbi fingerprinting form from fbi.gov.in Send more than one copies of legible fingerprints. Send a return label for india priority mail to get the results. you an print the label at usps.com.

Else if you have someone in USA you can give their address. For Australia you need the attested copy, so get it attested in USA and ask your acquaintance to send the scanned copy. Get the original whenever....

Comment

Further info on fingerprint

Ok, can anyone suggest how to take fingerprints in Bangalore. Right now, I see only 2 options,

1) JK - Very expensive and extra charge for additional sheet with FPs

2) Forensic science lab, Madiwala - How much do they charge? will it be done in a day?

If we have to take the FPs on own, is that OK on a normal A4 sheet?
            Who will sign for the "signature of the official taking fingerprints"?

Or can I approach local police station with FD-258 printed out?

kindly suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by jpdinesh View Post
              Ok, can anyone suggest how to take fingerprints in Bangalore. Right now, I see only 2 options,

1) JK - Very expensive and extra charge for additional sheet with FPs

2) Forensic science lab, Madiwala - How much do they charge? will it be done in a day?

If we have to take the FPs on own, is that OK on a normal A4 sheet?
              Who will sign for the "signature of the official taking fingerprints"?

Or can I approach local police station with FD-258 printed out?

kindly suggest.
              Hi,

I am not sure if you have succeeded with your fingerprinting.

I heard about the following options in bangalore

1) go to bangalore-one and pay some amount for doing fingerprinting.
              2) Then go to comissioner office with the receipt and submit a request to get your fingerprinting done
              3) a request would be sent to your area police station they would either come to your home or would ask you to come to station to verify your address and to take your finger print.
              4) Then you need to get back to comissioner office to get your finger print card/report

But I would suggest come to chennai as its mentioned in firt post of this thread about SCRB- chennai

The address is

SCRB
              Santhome High Road, RA Puram
              OPPOSITE Quible Island Cemetery
              1.6 km FROM Greenways Signal

Charge for one sheet - 50 Rs DD you need to pay at SBI - Treasury bank close to Thousand lights - Mount Road Chennai

Provide that challan/receipt at SCRB again they would take your fingerprints

You know what the concerned authority at SCRB were asking us to share this info so that people could get benefited out of this.

For the finger print Card go to students xerox in Adyar or Guindy. Tell them you want to take print of fingerprint card for visa purpose or provide them with the soft copy of the finger print card downloaded from fbi site. They charge 20 rs per print out.

May be your over all expense would be around only few hundred rupeess, instead of spending in 1000s

Post back with your queries, I could help you out.

Regards
              GK

Comment

Hi,

I am trying to self fill the FD 258 form.
                Can anyone let me know how to do this.

I am pretty sure how to take finger prints. I am more worried about the details which needs to go in the form, especially 'ORI' field and 'Signature of official taking fingerprints' fields.

Apart from this, please let me know pitfalls of self filling and any details which are mandatory which are overlooked when self-filled.

Comment

My Personal Experience and Views about SCRB Chennai

I would like to let you all know that I have used the option to register fingerprints by visiting the SCRB office at Chennai and would like to update some "latest" updates on the process.

First of all, I cannot help but strongly recommend you all to use this option at this office for various reasons. As a starter, with a careful intention not to utter any sensitive comments about the service at any other offices, I thought the service provided at this office is EXCEPTIONAL. The staff and the technicians are unimaginably friendly, flexible and respectful. Some may think I am over exaggerating, but personally, I had never seen such a friendly and sublime service at any other Government office before. The first instruction from the Admin head is to make you sit and feel relaxed. Then, they listen to your request, carefully explain you the procedures and answer you all the questions politely and with friendly faces.

Secondly, please note that the fees to avail this process have changed. The Admin head has kindly showed me the original approval notice/instructions about the change in fees and guess what, the change is EFFECTIVE from 6/June-2014 morning (yes, effective from just 4 days before!!!). The revised fees is 500 rupees per copy per person. I have decided to get 2 sets of fingerprints, just in case to avoid any issues with the legibility of a single copy, so I paid 2000 rupees (2 copies for me and my wife).

As the members, Sriramraghavan and Gopikris, have clearly outlined, the process is pretty straightforward and simple, although you need to do a bit of travelling back and forth: First you need to visit the SCRB office, get the chellan from them with the fees, then pay the money (as Cash) at the SBI Bank in Mount Road and then go back to SRCB with the paid receipt. You need to carry with you a letter of request, passport copies and address proof. Though the FBI site and some other members here claim that a simple A4 sheet is good enough for FD-258 form, the SCRB admin recommend us to get the FD-258 form printed in a hard-photo-type-quality-sheet, so the paper cannot be folded. You can print a sample FD-258 and get this copied in a thick sheet at any Xerox shop, but most definitely at Students Xerox.

Once again, I am wary of repeating the same comments again, but I had also thought the technicians who took our fingerprints are very friendly, made us to relax, took the prints very politely and above all, none of them in the building showed any intention or interest in money. All in all, I had a very pleasant experience utilising the fingerprints service at SCRB Chennai. I would also like to congratulate and wish the SCRB Admin team all the very best for them to continue to do the best service that they already do.
                  Last edited by GETMICRO; 06-10-2014, 05:55 AM.

Comment

'ORI' field on the fingerprinting card!

Originally posted by GETMICRO View Post
                    I would like to let you all know that I have used the option to register fingerprints by visiting the SCRB office at Chennai and would like to update some "latest" updates on the process.

First of all, I cannot help but strongly recommend you all to use this option at this office for various reasons. As a starter, with a careful intention not to utter any sensitive comments about the service at any other offices, I thought the service provided at this office is EXCEPTIONAL. The staff and the technicians are unimaginably friendly, flexible and respectful. Some may think I am over exaggerating, but personally, I had never seen such a friendly and sublime service at any other Government office before. The first instruction from the Admin head is to make you sit and feel relaxed. Then, they listen to your request, carefully explain you the procedures and answer you all the questions politely and with friendly faces.

Secondly, please note that the fees to avail this process have changed. The Admin head has kindly showed me the original approval notice/instructions about the change in fees and guess what, the change is EFFECTIVE from 6/June-2014 morning (yes, effective from just 4 days before!!!). The revised fees is 500 rupees per copy per person. I have decided to get 2 sets of fingerprints, just in case to avoid any issues with the legibility of a single copy, so I paid 2000 rupees (2 copies for me and my wife).

As the members, Sriramraghavan and Gopikris, have clearly outlined, the process is pretty straightforward and simple, although you need to do a bit of travelling back and forth: First you need to visit the SCRB office, get the chellan from them with the fees, then pay the money (as Cash) at the SBI Bank in Mount Road and then go back to SRCB with the paid receipt. You need to carry with you a letter of request, passport copies and address proof. Though the FBI site and some other members here claim that a simple A4 sheet is good enough for FD-258 form, the SCRB admin recommend us to get the FD-258 form printed in a hard-photo-type-quality-sheet, so the paper cannot be folded. You can print a sample FD-258 and get this copied in a thick sheet at any Xerox shop, but most definitely at Students Xerox.

Once again, I am wary of repeating the same comments again, but I had also thought the technicians who took our fingerprints are very friendly, made us to relax, took the prints very politely and above all, none of them in the building showed any intention or interest in money. All in all, I had a very pleasant experience utilising the fingerprints service at SCRB Chennai. I would also like to congratulate and wish the SCRB Admin team all the very best for them to continue to do the best service that they already do.

Did you get your FBI clearance? The Chennai SCRB did not fill the 'ORI' field on the finger printing card, neither did they provide me with an ORI number. Will that be reason for rejection? Any help/answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Need help for FBI PCC

I am done with fingerprints for FBI PCC. Did it on my own. I have created multiple copies. Wanted to know, what should I enter in ORI field and who should sign the signature of official taking fingerprints ? Can a lawyer sign it ? Let me know ?

Originally posted by Tushar R Panda View Post
                      I did it myself and was successful. I had very legible fingerprints but my wife had really weak fingerprints. But we tried our best to give the most legible fingerprints.

Mentioning SSN if you have one helps with getting results esp if FBI has you fingerprints in their database. Also if there is a partial match to immigration fingerprints then those can be used by FBI instead of the one being sent on paper. It seems all DHS fingerprints are part of fbi database and are more reliable because of their quality.

Take a black ink pad, ceramic or otherwise. Take a lot of practice fingerprints on paper.

Print multiple fbi fingerprinting form from fbi.gov.in Send more than one copies of legible fingerprints. Send a return label for india priority mail to get the results. you an print the label at usps.com.

Else if you have someone in USA you can give their address. For Australia you need the attested copy, so get it attested in USA and ask your acquaintance to send the scanned copy. Get the original whenever....

Comment

In Bangalore you can get it done with JK consultancy in JP Nagar. they are charging Rs.2500 per set

Comment

How can i get FBI fingeprinting in India

Originally posted by Tushar R Panda View Post

Please advise what kind of paper I have to use..is there a some card paper or plain A4 paper will work ?

Comment

fingerprinting for Hong Kong Government

Hi Guys,

I have offered a research position in Spain. For applying visa, I need to submit police clearance certificate for last 5 years, out of which 4 years, I was in Hong Kong. Now I am residing in India. To apply for PCC from Hong Kong, I am required to send HK Police, my fingerprints verified by Indian Police. (FYI I am from Delhi)

In this regard, I took a copy of the email from HK Police asking for my fingerprints, to my area (Rohini) SHO, who sent me to DCP, who sent me to ACP crime branch Kamla Market. (this was not simple, all the police constables first did not let me meet directly to SHO or DCP, rather gave me individual/random advises to go to different offices, so my first day simply went circling around three offices.)

Finally, ACP crime branch Mr. Vajpayee advised me that there is a Government Lab, Truth Lab in Safderjung Enclave who is authorized to take fingerprints and deal with such immigration matter on behalf of Delhi Police. They will charge INR 1500 plus service tax for doing all the work. He even called the lab for me instantly and made an appointment for me.

Truth Lab works Saturdays and Sundays only for immigration matters.

Comment

Expedited FBI clearance

My complete package for FBI PCC was done through International Fingerprinting Services India. I went to their office and just got my fingerprints registered and rest of my application form and fingerprint card was processed by them. I got my certificate in less than 10 days. They are really quick and professional.

Comment

Forensic department behind madiwala police station is no longer providing finger print certificates for visa purposes. One has to visit office of the commissioner of police and pay challan for finger printing verification and/or comparison. Also, provide supporting documents such as address and id proof, age proof, passport size photographs. You will then be redirected to police station for finger printing under whose jurisdiction you are residing as per address proof provided by you. You can carry the format (such as FD-258) on which you need to get the finger printing done.

Originally posted by chimanrao View Post
                                Since I've been working on my papers for Australia, I've been trying to get fingerprinting done in Bangalore. I'll share my experiences for everybodys benefit.
                                Right behind Madiwala Police Station (Across from the Madiwala vegetable market) is the forensics department, which will be able to help you get your fingerprints on the FD-258 form.

I took the FD-258 printed on a glossy card, but they advised AGAINST that. They said glossy finish could smudge the fingerprints, so I gave them a regular A4 size office printout paper sheet with the FD-258 printed on it.

They did a nice job of taking my fingerprints. They used ink film strips .. very professional. They asked for the following documents:
                                1. Address proof: Lease copy.
                                2. Address proof: Airtel landline bills.
                                3. ID proof: License copy.
                                4. University degree copy (Since I said Im going for work, they wanted to see my qualifications)
                                5. My passport copy.
                                6. Payment challan.

The payment must be made at Mysore Bank on Lady Curzon Road (Infantry Road). The Forensic dept. people will tell you the account number, 'payable to' etc. and other details for making the payment. Once that is made, the bank will give you a stamped challan, which you take back to the Forensic dept at Madiwala.

I have to still send the fingerprints to FBI. Once I do, I'll let you know if they accept the documents, but I think it should go through fine, since they have done quite a good job with my FD-258

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X