Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewal of H4 Visa

Dear Friend,

I visited US on H4 visa and was there for 5 months and came back to India. My husband's H1 visa got expired on Aug-11-08 and had applied for renewal. I got H4 stamped till Aug-11-2008. As I am in India now, what is the process that I have to follow? What are the documents that I am supposed to produce? Is it necessary for me to go to the consulate for renewal of H4 stamping again? Please help me on the same.

Thanks in advance,
    Lakshmi.

Once your husband's H1b extension goes through, you have to apply for a new visa with his approval notice following the same process as you got your previous H4 visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your information. If I am in US along with my husband then what is the process? Can he do have a chance of cancelling my H4 without my intention if I am in India?

Thanks in advance,
      Lakshmi.

Comment

You H4 has expired. Where exactly are you, US or India? You'll need documentation from him to apply for new H4. He cannot cancel your visa once issued, exceptions apply.

Comment

Originally posted by LakshmiSDevi
          Thanks for your information. If I am in US along with my husband then what is the process? Can he do have a chance of cancelling my H4 without my intention if I am in India?
          If you are in the US and your husband chose to not renew your H4 I-94 along with his H1b, then you are out of status and illegally present.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Right now I am in India. I am having a very big issue with him. He left me in India and went away and don't want to stay with me anymore. So, my question is how can I stop his H1? Is it possible?

Thanks in advance,
            Lakshmi.

Comment

Sorry to hear your situation. But If he does not want to live with you, you have no choice. You cannot do anything to him or his H1b other than looking at lawful options in the country of your residence.

Comment

Thanks for your response. So, the only thing that I can do is, go legally and file a case on him. Right now he did not yet received his renewed H1, he is staying there with a receipt received by them and working in Marietta, GA. I think if, I file a case, for sure he should return back and the interpole can stop his H1?

Thanks in advance,
                Lakshmi.

Comment

This is a civil issue and interpol has nothing to do with it or your case. This will have no impact on H1b.

Comment

Thanks for ur info. But if give the scanned copy of F.I.R to the interpole to stop his H1 they can do it, i think.

Comment

You need to get realistic. There is nothing that can be done as he has not done anything criminal.

Comment

Interpol?

Did I read it right? Did someone say Interpol to stop H1B?

Is someone kidding? I am sure there's a huge confusion.

Read this excerpt from Interpol's web site:
                        About INTERPOL

INTERPOL is the world’s largest international police organization, with 186 member countries. Created in 1923, it facilitates cross-border police co-operation, and supports and assists all organizations, authorities and services whose mission is to prevent or combat international crime.
                        INTERPOL aims to facilitate international police co-operation even where diplomatic relations do not exist between particular countries. Action is taken within the limits of existing laws in different countries and in the spirit of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. INTERPOL’s constitution prohibits ‘any intervention or activities of a political, military, religious or racial character.’

Comment

Am wondering what the FIR was for?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X