Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I go to Chennai Consulate instead of New Delhi for I-797-B Approval Notice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I go to Chennai Consulate instead of New Delhi for I-797-B Approval Notice.

Hi,

I got I-797-B approval notice that does not have new I-94 nor the COS.
    It has mentioned the Consulate name as "New Delhi" and it says that "a notification has been sent to the listed consulate (New Delhi)".

In this case can I go to Chennai consulate for my H1-B stamping, even though the Consulate name mentioned in I-797-B is New Delhi.

Whether going to Chennai consulate will have any problem in H1B stamping in this case?

Please advise me. Thanks.!

You should goto the consulate under the jurisdiction of which your home address falls.

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for your reply.

Now I am in L1B visa in US and my H1B employer is same as L1B employer. This would be a visa transfer from L1B to H1B. In this case please let me know whether it is advisable to go to New Delhi or Chennai. (My I-797-B Approval notice says it as New Delhi Consulate).

Comment

If it says Delhi ..

... then Delhi is where you go.

Take care.

Comment

Employers in US sponsoring H1 visas are avoiding Chennai due to high rate of rejection or issuance of 221(g), even when the beneficiary residence falls under Chennai consulate jurisdiction. I heard many cases wherein even if the petition was addressed to Mumbai/Delhi consulate, the applicant was redirected to chennai.

Most of those cases were for new fresh applicants who were applying for a visa for the first time. It may work in your case, I'm not sure.

Nice pic in your signature block, Knowledgeable ;-)

Comment

Mr Knowledgeable,
            It is nice to see an USA Flag flying as your signature. I presume that you must be an US Citizen.
            I would request all US Citizen forum members to have distinct signatures so that common people like us to understand that you are an US citizen.

Comment

yes..i do..

thought the same on knowledgeable's signature flag.he could be an US citizen,Naturalised or became permanent resident(GC) very recently.

Comment

Why? Are only USCs allowed to have US flags on the signature panel?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

There is no such connection between having a US flag in signature block and the member being a USC. I can have it in my signature block even if I have never been to US, leave alone being a citizen.

By above, I do not mean to say anything about Knowledgeable's current status

Comment

I checked ..

... with D.C. and they informed me that there is no bar on using the US flag for any purpose whatsoever.

Well, since we're on the subject matter, here's an interesting thing that might be liked by everyone here.

I got two US flags flown on the Capitol of United States in Washington D.C. and sent to me for a very small fee which is the cost of the flag only, about $20 each.

Along with it I got a certificate with each flag signed by the Alan M Hantman, Architect of the Capitol.

Each of the flag had the reason for flying too - one was my spouse's b'day and the other was our marriage anniversary.

All this was done through our local representative of the house.

Guys/gals, I proudly display these two flags in their proper cases and certificates.

Take care.

PS: Doesn't matter whether you're an USC or not, your representative will still be able to have a flag flown and sent to you.
                    Last edited by knowledgeable; 08-14-2008, 05:31 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X