when to file I 864

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi hpreet19,
    my mother's police clearance certificate came (well, with lot of mistakes) my main concern is, it particularly says the period "from 2000 till date".

this is how the whole pcc goes

certificate

This is to certify that mr. xxxxx w/o yyyy, Indian National, holder of Indian Passport No. 00000, dated---- issued at --------, and a resident of --------address-------,(from 2000 to till date) has not come to adverse notice in the local police station records in ----city---- during the period of her stay in the above address.
    signed and sealed.

1. Is this certificate o.k? this doesn't say "for the entire period of life" it says "from 2000 to till date" Is this a complete certificate?
    my mother lived over 30 years in that address. I just want to know, your parents have police clearance certificate, was it like this?
    2. it says "MR" xxxx, and then "wife of"
    3. the house number is 17, but they have typed as 7.
    4. her name has a minor type o. not perfect, but minor.

what do I do? The police seemed to do excellent job, but when I saw the certificate, I was baffled.

Hope you can help me.
    Rakhee.

Comment

Question about sending originals with DS-230 to NVC

Hi,

If we send original birth certificate and marrage certificate to NVC with forms DS-230, what are my parents supposed to take with them at the visa interview in Mumbai. Even the mumbai consulate asks them to bring the originals and a certified photocoy of birth and marriage certificates. Also if they get their police clearance and passport clearance now and I send it to NVC, will they need to get another passport clearance and police clearance while they appear for the visa interview (the clearances are valid for 6 months from the date of issue). Please reply. Thanks in advance.

Comment

On the question of when to sent I-864 - Could I send it once the AOS payment is in "PAID" status? At that point you can download the barcode anyway. As everyone noted, obviously, the instructions are terribly unclear.

I am also in the same/strange situation with DS-230 for my mother (the I-864 are for my in-laws). After I sent the I-864, I received an RFE that indicated that I did not pay the IV fee and that I should send DS-230! Since then I have paid the IV fee, now am waiting for all documents to send the DS-230.

My assumption is that once you pay the fee online, you can go ahead and send the forms with the barcode sheet.

Comment

Thanks Harpreet and need more information

Hello Harpreet,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I am sorry to bothe ryou again.
          Actually, I need more information regarding I 130 of my parents:

1. How long does it take to get approval letter from USCIS?

2 What documents do we need to send with I 864 form?
          I know -tax returns and W2's , is there any other document too with I 864 form?

3. If you don't mind, can I ask time frame for your parents' I 130.

I would really appreciate your help. Thanks,

Gauri

Comment

When to fie I-864

Originally posted by rsimm
            Rakhee:
            I am in the same situation. Paid the AOS fee online (21st Sept) and saw the fee status changed to "paid" on 23rd. Am waiting for a letter from NVC to submit I-864.

The online instructions aren't clear. I hope some one will respond soon.
            No one did :-)

After making online payment of AOS fees, I didn't receive any correspondence from NVC. Since the cover letter with bar code is available at the NVC site after a few days of making online payment, I printed the cover letter and sent it with I-864.

Likewise, after receipt of DS-3032, IV fee invoice was visible online and I made the payment online.

2 weeks after submitting I-864, I received a letter from NVC stating that they received the I-864 and are waiting for DS-230 I.

I am awaiting Police Certificates, and birth certificate from India to submit the DS-230 form.

rsimman

Comment

when to file I 864

See update below

Originally posted by marquee
              On the question of when to sent I-864 - Could I send it once the AOS payment is in "PAID" status? At that point you can download the barcode anyway. As everyone noted, obviously, the instructions are terribly unclear.

I am also in the same/strange situation with DS-230 for my mother (the I-864 are for my in-laws). After I sent the I-864, I received an RFE that indicated that I did not pay the IV fee and that I should send DS-230! Since then I have paid the IV fee, now am waiting for all documents to send the DS-230.

My assumption is that once you pay the fee online, you can go ahead and send the forms with the barcode sheet.
              Yes, the NVC online instructions are unclear. However, it is OK to send the documents along with the cover sheet from the Receipt page of NVC, once the invoice status changes to PAID.

since I waited about 2 weeks to hear from NVC after paying AOS fees.

rsimm

22 June 2008: I-130 petition
              04 Sept 2008: I-130 Approval from CSC
              09 Sept 2008: NVC Entered Date
              16 Sept 2008: AOS Fee Bill received
              21 Sept 2008: AOS Fee paid online
              01 Oct 2008: DS-3032 recd
              01 Oct 2008: DS-3032 submitted via email
              07 Oct 2008: IV Fee Bill generated online
              08 Oct 2008: IV Fee Paid online
              11 Oct 2008: I-864 submitted using cover sheet from NVC site
              23 Oct 2008: NVC sent notice of receipt of I-864 and reminded me to submit DS-230
              10 Nov 2008: RFE -- petitioner's birth and marriage certificate; submitted; waiting for PCC
              26 Dec 2008: submitted PCC from passport office
              06 Jan 2009: "Case Completed"
              13 Feb 2009: Interview. Approved!
              17 Feb 2009: collected passport and sealed envelope
              21 Feb 2009: PoE: San Francisco - Passport stamped. Awaiting GC
              04 Mar 2009: Welcome letter received
              06 Mar 2009: SS Card received
              10 Mar 2009: GC received
              Last edited by rsimm; 03-10-2009, 10:53 PM. Reason: update status

Comment

How to obtain police certificate for DS-230

Hi rsimm,

I have submitted the AOS and IV fees for my parents. I did not recieve any information from NVC until 3 weeks after I paid the AOS fees online and in the meantime they asked me to pay the IV fees. I paid that online too. When I contacted NVC via phone, they asked me to just submit I-864 with the barcoded document cover sheet. They did not send any instructions via post mail how to submit I-864. I assume that was because I paid the fee online. Will they be sending me any instructions via post mail when to submit DS-230 because my parents will require some kind of information to take to the police station to obtain the police clearance certificate. I hope you have some answer to the question as I see that you have paid the fees online too.

Originally posted by rsimm
                Yes, the NVC online instructions are unclear. However, it is OK to send the documents along with the cover sheet from the Receipt page of NVC, once the invoice status changes to PAID.

since I waited about 2 weeks to hear from NVC after paying AOS fees.

rsimm

22 June 2008: I-130 petition
                04 Sept 2008: I-130 Approval from CSC
                09 Sept 2008: NVC Entered Date
                16 Sept 2008: AOS Fee Bill received
                21 Sept 2008: AOS Fee paid online
                01 Oct 2008: DS-3032 recd
                01 Oct 2008: DS-3032 submitted via email
                07 Oct 2008: IV Fee Bill generated online
                08 Oct 2008: IV Fee Paid online
                11 Oct 2008: I-864 submitted using cover sheet from NVC site
                23 Oct 2008: NVC sent notice of receipt of I-864 and reminded me to submit DS-230

waiting for police and birth certificates.

Comment

Originally posted by patelk
                  Hi rsimm,

I have submitted the AOS and IV fees for my parents. I did not recieve any information from NVC until 3 weeks after I paid the AOS fees online and in the meantime they asked me to pay the IV fees. I paid that online too. When I contacted NVC via phone, they asked me to just submit I-864 with the barcoded document cover sheet. They did not send any instructions via post mail how to submit I-864. I assume that was because I paid the fee online. Will they be sending me any instructions via post mail when to submit DS-230 because my parents will require some kind of information to take to the police station to obtain the police clearance certificate. I hope you have some answer to the question as I see that you have paid the fees online too.
                  1. I didn't receive any instructions from NVC to send I-864 after online payment. I waited for about 2 weeks and then submitted I-864 along with the coversheet from online receipt page.

2. I didn't receive any instructions from NVC to send in DS-230. I was waiting for instructions, after online payment and then I got a reminder saying that NVS received I-864 but DS-230 was missing and that I should send it!! Obviously, they were expecting DS-230 after IV fees payment.

So, it seems that after AOS and IV payments online, one should wait
                  for 2/3 days for the invoice status to change to "PAID", access the
                  online coversheet, print it and send it along with appropriate docs
                  (I-864 or DS-230).

Ask your parents to take the filled our DS-230 or DS-3032 (Choice of Agent form) along with the letter from NVC asking them to fill out
                  DS-3032 as proof of the need for police certificate. That is what I did and the Police Commissioner's office accepted it.

I just submitted DS-230 today via express mail. I hope I don't get any RFE. I submitted photocopy of birth certificate (difficult to get original if lost) and original Police certificate (difficult to get another but not impossible :-).

hope this helps.

rsimm

Comment

Where to file I-864

Paid the AOS fee online on 1/21 and saw the fee status changed to "paid" on 23rd. I have finished the I-864 form. Do you know where to file it?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X