• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is appointment required to apply for PIO in chicago

Is appointment required to apply for PIO in chicago in person

Comment

Originally posted by india2usa10 View Post
      Hi,
      I have gone thru some forum discussion and want to summarized all the answer on one page to better understand on topic "Child born in USA for indian Parent (on L1 Visa)" as i am in the same "boat"

1. if i get Indian Passport to my child born in USA, do i need to get him US visa on his passport ? because i might go back to india and may come back after few month;s due to job requirement.

2. if Yes, then which visa i should get ? will it be L2 visa (dependent) as i am on L1 Visa ?

3. if we get him Indian passport, and after 18 yrs of his age if he want to come to US for education, will he need to come on F1 Visa as normal indian student ?

4. or he will still have option on his citizenship at the age of 18 even after getting indian passport when he was born ?

Appreciate your help on this.
      Thanks

Hi india2usa10,
      I am in the same boat as you were, hope you got the answer, if yes can you please share with me?

Comment

Birth Registration of Indian Child born abroad

my wife will be applying for our child's Birth Registration, so my question is do we need to fill her particulars in Format II of this registration form? Like 1. I .................... Citizen of India and father of .........................she is not an Indian citizen but I an Indian Citizen is authorizing my wife to do that application with appostiled affidavit from India. please help.

Comment

Hi, I would like to know if a baby born in US have an option to become Indian Citizen right away and get Indian Passport. I know this was possible way back in 2008. I would like to know if this is still possible (11/26/2013)

Comment

Originally posted by india2usa10 View Post
            Hi,
            I have gone thru some forum discussion and want to summarized all the answer on one page to better understand on topic "Child born in USA for indian Parent (on L1 Visa)" as i am in the same "boat"

1. if i get Indian Passport to my child born in USA, do i need to get him US visa on his passport ? because i might go back to india and may come back after few month;s due to job requirement.

2. if Yes, then which visa i should get ? will it be L2 visa (dependent) as i am on L1 Visa ?

3. if we get him Indian passport, and after 18 yrs of his age if he want to come to US for education, will he need to come on F1 Visa as normal indian student ?

4. or he will still have option on his citizenship at the age of 18 even after getting indian passport when he was born ?

Appreciate your help on this.
            Thanks
            Hope you got the answer, will you share with me same please I am also having same questions

Comment

Hi,

See these are bit complex things. And getting involved in these and getting things done by you is a big deal. I suggest you should hire a service provider that could help you in all our legal, immigration and other things in better way. NRI Service providers have team of experts that can assist you in all these tasks in a stress less manner.

Comment

Originally posted by rjr View Post
                Hi, I would like to know if a baby born in US have an option to become Indian Citizen right away and get Indian Passport. I know this was possible way back in 2008. I would like to know if this is still possible (11/26/2013)

I got a Indian passport for my child who was born in USA. He went to India, got L2 stamped, and returned back to USA a month back.

Comment

US Born indian child planning for indian passport

Originally posted by prabhakar1983 View Post
                  I got a Indian passport for my child who was born in USA. He went to India, got L2 stamped, and returned back to USA a month back.

i am planning to get indian passport for us born child.
                  when we are travelling first time from US to India, do i need any US Visa for child indian passport?

Comment

Need guidlines to get Indian Citizenship/passport for a US born child.

Originally posted by prabhakar1983 View Post
                    Hi Prabhakar1983,

I am also in the same boat. we are expecting our child next month (we both are Indian Citizens) and want to get Indian Citizenship for him so that we can avoid large fees and other issue for NRI while studying in India.

Can you please let me know what steps you followed to get Indian passport for a US born child. Also i have one specific question related to birth certificate that whether we need to get any birth certificate from any US govt organization if want to get Indian passport/citizenship or only register into Indian consulate. Thanks for your help in Advance.

Comment

Citizenship Clarification

Hi Shashank,

We are also expecting child in July. and i am planning to get indian Citizenship.

in this conversation some people are saying , if we are going back to india and we want to come back to US with child on Dependant Visa(H4), US embassy will not stamp on Indian passport, since the child born in US. did you heard anything like this?

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks
                      Karthika K
                      Mobile : 475 204 7243

Comment

Hope you got the answer, will you share with me same please I am also having same questions .

Originally posted by karthisekar82 View Post
                        Hi Shashank,

We are also expecting child in July. and i am planning to get indian Citizenship.

in this conversation some people are saying , if we are going back to india and we want to come back to US with child on Dependant Visa(H4), US embassy will not stamp on Indian passport, since the child born in US. did you heard anything like this?

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks
                        Karthika K

Comment

Hope you got the answer, will you share with me same please I am also having same questions .

Thanks,
                          Hari
                          937-707-0824

Originally posted by karthisekar82 View Post
                          Hi Shashank,

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks
                          Karthika K

Comment

Indian Citizenship For US Born Child

Hi,

I have gone thru some forum discussion and want to clear some concerns on "Child born in USA for indian Parent (on H1B Visa)" as i am in the same "boat"

2. if Yes, then which visa i should get ? will it be H42 visa (dependent) as i am on H1B Visa ?

3. if we get him Indian passport, and after 18 yrs of his age if he want to come to US for any reason. He will still have option on his citizenship at the age of 18 even after getting indian passport when he was born ?

Kindly help me and Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,
                            Hari
                            [email protected]
                            937-707-0824

Comment

[QUOTE=SAIharigtx1;431874]Hope you got the answer, will you share with me same please I am also having same questions .

Thanks,
                              Hari

Hi - I am also kind of confused and struck with the same question . Could you please let me know if you got any solution on this . It would be a great help for us

Thanks,
                              Karthick B

Comment

minimum age for OCI card holders to full indian citizenship

Hi ,

I got US passport for my baby born in US and applied OCI.

We will be moving for good to India soon.

Please let me know what is the minimum age to obtain Indian citizenship.

Is there any possibility before attaining 18 years of age.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X