No announcement yet.

H1B Stamping Help.........Please.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping Help.........Please.......

Hi Am Prafs,

I have searched on the net for my doubts ,but didnt get any answers hence posting this thread........so please ans ...

Please solve my doubt regarding the h1B process.
    My employer(USA based consultant) has received the receipt of my petition for the year 2008-09.
    My doubts are as follows

1.When can i go for stamping to US consolate in my city Mumbai(India).
    2.What is the last date after which i cant go for stamping to US consolate in my city.
    3. After stamping is done, within what no of days i need to land in USA.
    4. Assuming that the visa is 3 years valid, can i go to USA after two years of stamping, or there is compulsion on no of days after stamping is done to reach States.

Please answer these questions of mine, i would be very much obliged.

Thanks and Regards
    Prafs

Hi Praful,

Here are the answers to your questions.

1. You can go for H1B visa stamping only after you receive petition in original and other documents from your consultant. You have to pay visa fees in any HDFC branch listed at https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/h...-branches.html. After 2 days of paying your visa fees, you have to submit the H1B visa application forms in person in any VFS location applicable to you.
    2. There is no question of going for H1B stamping unless you get the petition in original from your consultant. There is a validity period mentioned in petition which is usually after 3 years from the date of petition approval. So if you do not go for stamping within petition expiry date it stands void thereafter.
    3 & 4. It is always good to fly to USA as soon as you get H1B visa, because the longer the time you take to reach USA the higher the chances of answering more questions to the officer at the port of clearance in US. If he will not be satisfied with your answer at US airport, they might ask you to go back to India. So it is always good to reach US within usually 1 or 2 months time after your stamping is done.

I hope I have cleared most of your doubts.
    Best of Luck for stamping,

Hitesh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X