No announcement yet.

Change of Name on passport & US Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I m here with a US visa as well....They made a mistake in my visa last year and they said that the only way i can change something is to reapply for a new visa....since it was their mistake, i got my visa right away...

Comment

Originally posted by batool100 View Post
      I m here with a US visa as well....They made a mistake in my visa last year and they said that the only way i can change something is to reapply for a new visa....since it was their mistake, i got my visa right away...
      i am in the same situation

Comment

Name correction in Passport, <180 days are there to extend my visa

Hi,

I want to correct my Given Name in passport.
        Currently it is having my FATHER's NAME MYNAME
        I want to remove my Fathers Name from my Given name, as it is causing a mistake everywhere, as it is getting printed everywhere.The time to extend my visa is less than 5 months.

Can I proceed now for the name change ?
        I have to post an Ad in Indian and US newspapers, and I have to wait for 30 days...and then affidavit...and then I need to send my passport to Consulate.

Can I have my visa extension process to get initiated during this time ?

Regards,
        Vishnu

Comment

Name Change In Passport

I recently got married and my wife holds a US visa and her passport is expiring in 6 months.
          Is it a advisable that she renews her passport with her maiden name, and updates my name as a spouse in the passport.

Please advise under the backdrop that we would be applying for Canadian PR.

Tushar M

Comment

change of name on visa

sir,
            I want to change name in visa as Hamidullah instead of Hameedullah.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris07 View Post
              Did you get the license yet? I am in the same situation too.
              How did you resolve this? I am in the same situation, any help is appriciated.

Comment

Originally posted by amydream View Post
                Hey!
                I could not get driver's licence becoz on my US visa, Whole of my name is put under surname and first name is FNU so, they can't really find me on system.
                But i have got my SSN and I94 with correct name. I have all my documents like I-20, certificates with my correct name.I don't know what to do to change my name on VISA. I am currently residing in US. Please help.
                how did you resolve this? I am stuck with the same issue

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X