I'm working in the US on L1B visa from Feb 07 for company A.
This year (2008), I applied for H1 Visa from company B with COS from L1 to H1..
My case was picked up in the lottery and was sent to USCIS for processing.
I got my I797C form.
I decided not to work on H1 as the market situation is bad and continue on L1Since company B applied with COS, I had no option but to travel and get a new I94 on L1B.
I thought my H1 will be approved before Oct 01 2008 so that Leap frog helps but still my H1 is pending. Not sure why ?
I travelled on the pending H1 and came back on Oct 14 on L1 with new I94.
My questions are:
1) If my H1 gets approved, will USCIS send my H1 with a new I94 ?
2) Will this new I94 (in point a) be the latest I94 or will the one that I have from Oct 14 is the new I94 ?
3) Will the USCIS know that I travelled on the pending H1 ?
4) If I get a new I94 attached to H1 from the USCIS, will it be an auto change of status from L1 to H1?
5) In my current stays, can I work on L1 after I get my H1 ?
Please let me know.