Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a H1b Candidate work in Walmart,Macys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a H1b Candidate work in Walmart,Macys?

I am on H1b. I am looking for a job in Wal-mart. Can I work in the companies like walmart, SAMS, Target etc?

For pursuing career with these companies, I need to give my Employment authorization, SSN etc. Will there be any problem with IRS or INS if I work in these companies? As long as I am paying tax there will not be any issues with IRS. right? Will there be any intricacies during Green Card processing period?

Please advise! Earliest reply is highly appreciated
    Thanks in advance!
    chirag

Originally posted by chiragram
    I am on H1b. I am looking for a job in Wal-mart. Can I work in the companies like walmart, SAMS, Target etc?

For pursuing career with these companies, I need to give my Employment authorization, SSN etc. Will there be any problem with IRS or INS if I work in these companies? As long as I am paying tax there will not be any issues with IRS. right? Will there be any intricacies during Green Card processing period?

Please advise! Earliest reply is highly appreciated
    Thanks in advance!
    chirag
    Is this a joke?

H1b is for speciality occupations and can work only for the sponsoring employer in the position sponsored for.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Well, yes you can, if you are talking about a job with the same profile as in your H1 petition application and after you have applied for a H1 transfer.

You must be kidding if you mean to say you can work as a helper in one of these stores.

Comment

They are not likely to apply for a green card for you as they have thousands of applicants for jobs.

If you are in the US and really are looking at these as opportunities, you need to reassess your future plans.

Comment

When you ask whether you can work in Wal-Mart etc, do you mean as a cashier, helper etc. in the store?

Do you mean in the Wal-Mart corporate office, Wal-Mart.com etc where specialty and highly skilled employees would be required? Even WalMart needs a lots of computer engineers and other professionals to manage their IT work.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification

Hi Guys

I have asked for the suggestion on if I can work in walmart, macys etc stores being on H1b. I was under the impression that as long as I pay the tax to IRS, there will not be any issues.

However, I wanted to double-check with senior members opinion.

Thanks for the information provided.

I am sorry if this is a silly question.

Chirag

Comment

Getting IT jobs at Wal-Mart is not as easy as it seems. Even US citizens with elite certifications have trouble getting onboard since they have lots of applicants. The interview process takes months for permanent hires. Contract probably is easier but no good US person would do contract under those conditions.

Comment

All right ...

... all is cleared up - sorry you cannot work @ any such stores directly, unless its an exact profile of your H1B job and the company sponsors you for a full/part time job in the same or similar position.

However, your questions is not really that silly, compared to what one sees many a time in these forums.

Once you get your EAD (GC process), then you're free to work full/part time anywhere.

Take care.

Comment

I figured and assumed the OP meant the sales jobs in the stores in the first post. If it were IT jobs, why would one even come and ask or post about IRS, employment docs etc? Hence, my very generic reply to the first post.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Whether IRS cares or not, USCIS definitely cares. You can't work at stores on H1B. You have to work for the employer that sponsors you and you have to get paid at least the wage mentioned in your LCA.
                    Immihelp Support
                    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I think they only provides employement for local people. Walmart offering excellent services. Now all Walmart employees can make use of Walmartone portal to get all the benefits.
                      Last edited by welerein; 09-12-2019, 12:21 PM. Reason: To make it better

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X