Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married to US citizen

Hi
    I am really honored to put my questions to the IMMi Help. I hope that I will get great help and assistance in my paper work.

Let me explain my status...

I was student to the USA, and married a citizen girl few months ago. Planning to file my Green card. I have couple of questions which I am hoping to get answers here ! Please help

1. G-325 asks for A number, I have EAD approved (Optional Practical training) can I use the A# on my EAD as A# in G-325 and other places?

2.G-325 My Wife is citizen what will be her A#?

3. I-485 where to find the non immigrant visa number ?

4. Question regarding fee. As I already have the EAD and paid the fee do I need to pay $1010 or I can deduct the EAD fee from it?

5. I-864 My wife dosent work, I am working and have the income which is 125% more than the poverty line, so should I use form I-864W?

6. These are the list of support documents that I have please advise me if I need to add some more.

I-765:

1.LAst EAD fornt and back.
    2. 2 Color photo graphs passport type (2" by 2") Write name and A# on back of the photos with pensil
    3. Mailing concurrently with I-485 then mail to
    USCIS
    Nebraska Serivce Center
    P.O Box 87485
    Lincoln, NE 68501-7485

I-130:

1. Citizen Ship Certificate
    2. Us passport copy
    3. Marriage Certificate
    4. 2 Photos
    5. G-325a form filled
    6. Proof of joint account
    7. Maling address if filed with I-485 then mail to
    U.S.CitizenShip and Immigration Services
    P.0.Box 805887
    Chicago, IL60680-4107

I-131:

1.Drivers licence copy of Idrees
    2. 2 Photos
    3. Same address as of Form I-485

I-485:

1. Birth Certificate
    2. Copy of Passport PAge with Non Immigrant Visa
    3. 2 photos
    4. Form G-325A
    5. Affidavit Form I-864 Completed with W2s and IRA returns
    6. Marriage certificate
    7. Mail to
    USCIS
    P.o. Box 805887
    Chicago, IL 60680-4120
    8. Filing fee is $930
    9. $1010 (for biometric,advance parol, work permit)

I-864W Or I-864:
    1.W2 for previous year, and pay stubs

Too long ...

... for my patience!

Comment

Originally posted by idrees_786
      Hi
      I am really honored to put my questions to the IMMi Help. I hope that I will get great help and assistance in my paper work.

I was student to the USA, and married a citizen girl few months ago. Planning to file my Green card. I have couple of questions which I am hoping to get answers here ! Please help

1. G-325 asks for A number, I have EAD approved (Optional Practical training) can I use the A# on my EAD as A# in G-325 and other places?
      Yes I believe so not so sure though. If you have an A number on your EAD wold be same A#
      Your wife has no A#, so you would write N/A
      Your nonimmigrant visa number would be your control number on your visa. Check in your passport and USA visa should have a control number-Thats the nonimmigrant visa number.4. Question regarding fee. As I already have the EAD and paid the fee do I need to pay $1010 or I can deduct the EAD fee from it?
      If you have EAD you do not have to pay for it again.
      5. I-864 My wife dosent work, I am working and have the income which is 125% more than the poverty line, so should I use form I-864W?
      Yes if you are supporting her then include all proof that you are supporting her.
      6. These are the list of support documents that I have please advise me if I need to add some more.

I-765:

2. 2 Color photo graphs passport type (2" by 2") Write name and A# on back of the photos with pensil
      USCIS
      Nebraska Serivce Center
      P.O Box 87485
      Lincoln, NE 68501-7485

I-130:

1. Citizen Ship Certificate -Copy of your wife US certificate?
      2. Us passport copy
      3. Marriage Certificate -Copy should be fine not original but original would be needed at the interview
      4. 2 Photos
      5. G-325a form filled
      6. Proof of joint account -I dont believe you include proof of joint account now would be required at the interview.7. Maling address if filed with I-485 then mail to
      P.0.Box 805887
      Chicago, IL60680-4107

I-131:

2. 2 Photos

I-485:

1. Birth Certificate
      3. 2 photos
      4. Form G-325A
      6. Marriage certificate
      7. Mail to
      USCIS
      P.o. Box 805887
      Chicago, IL 60680-4120
      8. Filing fee is $930
      9. $1010 (for biometric,advance parol, work permit) -I dont think you need advanced parole, why are you filing it?If you have EAD u dont need advanced parole or work permitI-864W Or I-864:

Reply with any questions or comments. Also check with a lawyer to double check.those who have any knwoledge also please input, there is no joy like helping others.DD
      Last edited by dedemaria; 11-06-2008, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you ddMaria I really appreciate that you took out some time to answer my questions.
        I am still not clear which support form I should use I-864 or I-864W?
        Because my wife dosent work and dont have any source of income and I have to show my financial papers, so should I use I-864W or should use I-864 and add my financial support as a hold hold member?

Thanks
        Idrees

Comment

Originally posted by knowledgeable
          ... for my patience!
          better if you ignore the message instead of making that kind of comment.

Comment

Hi

I am quite sure you only get one alien number in your life, so keep using that one for all your forms.

enter NONE (you answered yourself, she is a US citizen)

this is what i found online about the non-immigrant visa number and helped me to take a decision when i was helping my sister to file her paperwork:

The nonimmigrant visa number seems to be a very confusing issue for everyone filling out form I-485.

If you search the internet, one source will say to use the visa control number while another will say to use the red number in the lower right hand corner of the visa.

To ease your mind, a couple of websites maintained by immigration lawyers say that it doesn't matter which number you use since you will be including a photocopy of your passport and visa with the application. Even the lawyers seemed to disagree upon which number was the actual non-immigrant visa number. However, they had success using either number.

we used the red number and everything was fine (the short number in red).

4. Question regarding fee. As I already have the EAD and paid the fee do I need to pay $1010 or I can deduct the EAD fee from it?

no, you can't deduct. there is no such a thing, pay $1010.

this one i don't know.

I-765:

USCIS
            Nebraska Serivce Center
            P.O Box 87485
            Lincoln, NE 68501-7485

I-130:

1. Citizen Ship Certificate
            2. Us passport copy
            3. Marriage Certificate
            4. 2 Photos
            5. G-325a form filled (you and your wife, watch out!)
            6. Proof of joint account (dedemaria is wrong, you do have to send proof of bona fide marriage, send as much as you can, but always copies, then at the interview, take them all again and more if you can collect more)
            7. Maling address if filed with I-485 then mail to
            P.0.Box 805887
            Chicago, IL60680-4107

I-131:

2. 2 Photos

I-485:

1. Birth Certificate
            3. 2 photos
            4. Form G-325A
            6. Marriage certificate
            7. Mail to
            USCIS
            P.o. Box 805887
            Chicago, IL 60680-4120
            8. Filing fee is $930
            9. $1010 (for biometric,advance parol, work permit) (again, pay 1010, i don't know why you put between the brackets advance parol and work permit, if you had a student visa and also you said you had a EAD before, you don't need to file to get another EAD, i think, unless yours is expired. if that is the case, disregard this and go ahead a file them)

I-864W Or I-864:
            answers in blue

Comment

Thank you in inolepehc

Thank you very much for taking out some time to answer my questions. I think I figured out the I-864 one.
              But I have one question for you and that is do I have to send all the paper work to one location (i,e with I-485 location) or independent location?

Thank you very much in advance
              May God reward you the best
              Idrees

Comment

Thank you very much for taking out some time to answer my questions. I think I figured out the I-864 one.
                But I have one question for you and that is do I have to send all the paper work to one location (i,e with I-485 location) or independent location?

Thank you very much in advance
                May God reward you the best
                Idrees
                one location, all together.

Comment

Thanks for the help and any tips for the interview

Hi Immi help members,
                  I am very glad to say that I have successfully filed my paper work and got my interview scheduled next month.

I was looking for any tips and suggestions while I am preparing for my interview. I appreciate any of your valuable suggestions and tips.

I would like to thank you for any of your effort to put down any answers

I really appreciate it.

Thank you very much

May God bless you all !
                  Thanks
                  Idrees

Comment

idrees,

just be yourself. if your marriage is based on true love and there's nothing to hide, then everything will be ok. if you made copies of all the documentation you sent (i hope you did) take all that with you to the interview, don't forget your passport, I-94 and any other ID you may already have.

i didn't go to the interview with my sister and her husband (obviously), but she told me it was all cool and the officer was very nice to them, they did go one at a time and some question were similar to both of them .... and even her husband answered one of the questions wrong but i guess they can tell (trained) when it is an innocent mistake or a real mistake and there's something fishy.

don't worry, just relax and good luck! tell us how it goes.
                    Last edited by inolepehc; 03-08-2009, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Got my Green Card

Hello Everyone...
                      I would like to apologize to you guys that I am updating it sooo late.... I got super occupied and couldn't get chance to update you... So the good news is I have got my Green Card in April....
                      My thanks goes to all of you who have taken effort to read this post and replied... Very special thanks goes to inolepehc.... The information that you have provided was very helpful for a smooth processing.

I pray to God All Might that he bless you all specially inolepehc for your effort.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions for the related topic in the future.

I hope to stay connected...

Take care all....

Thank you every one...

Special thanks to inolepehc....

Bye....

Comment

idrees_786, you are very welcome and thanks for the blessings. i'm really happy i could help. i was doing to others what someone (sweetpiano) did for me here.

now, the next step will be to become a citizen in a few more years, good luck!

Comment

This is very useful to me

In few months, I am planning to sponsor GC for my wife who is on H1 right now. This thread seems to contain pretty much everything that I was looking for information wise.

Thanks Guys..
                          N400 Application details
                          Added in the citizenship tracker app(06/25/09 - 11/13/09)

Comment

it would be great if you guys can help me out with this! My husband is born in NZ but his parents are US citizens. For form i-130, can he just show his passport to prove that he is citizen? Is certificate of citizenship required in this case? He is not sure if he has it. :/ thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X