Convert From H4 to F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert From H4 to F1

Hi I am presently on H1 visa and My wife is on H4 visa, my wife has plan to do her M.S in usa and she applied for M.S here but she has to do some prerequesit courses before joining her M.S which is completed by her from India, she doesn't want to waste her time in these courses which is more than one year. My question is if she apply for her F1 visa from india. Is there any chances that immigration people reject her becasue i am working here on H1? and also In the financial document for F1 visa can i show my H1 papers that i am working here to bear her expanses. and if incase immigration department reject her F1 visa anychance then she can come back to usa on her H4 visa.
    Please reply me asap i am very much confused.thanks.

Hi saurabh,
    how r u? firstly, if your wife has already done some courses in india then you can ask the college where she wants to apply, to evaluate her credits (education completed in india) for which the college will ask you to provide them with her original transcripts from her university, because they usually dont accept it by hand (but depends on the college policy) and her syllabus. After evaluation they will give u the equivalent credits for your education completed in india. Secondly, she can apply for her student visa in the US and in India, but make sure u have the I-20 with u when u apply... the only difference is, if u apply for the student visa in the US, u wont be allowed to leave the country as long as u r on your student visa, on the other hand if u apply from india that is not the case, sounds weird but that is true. chances of rejection are equal in both the cases, but personally i feel it is better to apply in the US, chances are bright, coz even if you get rejected in the US you would still have your H4 valid, but if you apply in india and it gets rejected in that case you would have to apply for the H4 again, choice is yours...as far as the financial support is concerned you have to show that anyways, wherein u need to show the INS that u have at least a minimum of $10000 in your account...take care and good luck!

Comment

Conversion of H4 visa to F1

hi,
      iam currently on H4 visa status and i want convert it to F1 status and do my master's education , do i need to go back to india and get stamped there or can i change it through some other way. pls help me,

Thank you,

kavya reddy

Comment

Question???

My petitioner is a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) - resident in US. My petition was filed after December 2000 but my priority date is more than 3 years old and i reside outside the US. Am I qualified for V visa or any type of Visa? Suggestions are welcome!
        Thanks!

Comment

h4 to f1

hello
          i'm currently on f2 visa. my husband's h1 is approved now so i will be on h4 soon.
          my problem is i have applied in a university for MS now my study will start in august.
          i want to change my status from h4 to f1.
          but it takes 4 to 6 months.
          if i start studying on h4 for couple of months can i convert it into f1 in between?

plz guide for the procedure for COS to f1.

Comment

H4 withdrawal process

I'm on H1B working in USA. My visa was expiring on May 23rd 2009, so my company applied for H1B and H4 (for my wife) extension on April 20th 2009
            In May 1st week, my wife got admission & assistantship in one of the university. She returned to India on May 20th and she got her F1 stamped on June 4th from India.

Now we are very much concerned that what will happen to my H1 and her H4?

1) Since she has F1, will it affect H1/H4 processing?
            2) Do we have to apply for H4 withdrawal in order to maintain her status as F1 ?
            3) Is it possible to have F1 and H4 both together at the same time?
            4) Since my Employer is Wipro and they have filed H1-H4 on behalf of us, is it possible for an outside agency to file H4 withdrawal? And will the H4 withdrawal application affect my H1 visa extension application?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comment

H4 to F1 COS

Hi,
              I am thinking of pursuing a Masters degree in the US. I will be on an H4 by the end of June 2010.
              I would like to know if there is any mandate about the duration for which I need to be on an H4 before I can apply for an F1?
              thx.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X