please help me and question about visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help me and question about visa

i hope somebody can gave me an answer for thi question. my sister is a american citizen and she is pregenant . she is in indai now and she is having a baby 3 month and i want know what will happened if she gave birth in india and if she process the paperwork how long it take to get back to staes . so please somebody gave some answer's thanks

A child born to a US citizen can be a US citizen. She needs to apply for a PP at the consulate in her jurisdiction with proof of her citizenship, child's birth certificate.

How to apply for or renew your U.S. passport if you live in United States

Dual Nationality for Children:
    Many children, although born in the U.S. or born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent, are citizens of both the U.S. and another country. This may occur through the child's birth abroad, through a parent who was born outside the U.S., or a parent who has acquired a second nationality through naturalization in another country. A child may acquire another nationality without the consent of the U.S. citizen parent

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

so if she do the paperwork howlong it takes to get here in states

Comment

I am not sure I understand the question. Is she currently pregnant or she already had a baby? Once she applies, the PP processing could take 2-4 weeks by the consulate and once she gets the PP for the child, she can travel.

All passports are printed in the US and it could take couple of weeks for the mail to the foreign country.

Refer to the consulate website in your jurisdiction for more details.

Passports
        Applicants Below Age 16
        For children under 16 years of age, both parents must be present to execute the passport application. Parents must present valid, government-issued photo identification, such as a passport, as proof of their identity, along with the following:

Properly completed form DS-11
        Child’s U.S. passport
        Certified copy of the child’s U.S. birth certificate or original Consular Report of Birth
        If one parent is absent, he/she must submit a copy of his/her passport along with a notarized statement clearly stating that he/she has no objection to the other parent applying for a U.S. passport for the child. If one parent has sole custody of the child, he/she must present evidence of same.
        Two 2 inch X 2 inch color photographs on a white background
        Pictures showing progressive growth of the child from the time the last passport was issued
        The fee for a U.S. passport for children under 16 years of age is $85 or Rs. 4,590.

Fee may be paid in cash in either U.S. dollars or Indian rupees or by credit/debit card or by rupee demand draft made payable to the U.S. Consulate, Chennai. The following credit/debit cards are accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Novus/Discover, Diners, and "logoed" debit (purchasing) cards displaying the Visa or MasterCard logo.

The Consulate does not accept payment by personal check or traveler’s check.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks for your help

she is pregent now and the real story is she is here now and the problem is she dont have any health insurance so she is 6 month pregent now and go to india and get birth in india and her husband is in india that's why i asked u what will heppened if she gave birth in india. and the paperwork proces

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X