Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 visa denied

Hi ,
    iam doing my masters in dentistry here in the US and my wife also a dentist was denied the f2 visa after i had gone to india after one year to get married and bring her over.I had all the documents but for some reason they denied it .
    Does anyone know about the review petition and whether it is helpful.Ours is a inter religous marriage,does anyone think that is a factor for the consul to think that we are possible immigrants.Infact the questions by a lady consular office at chennai was more about the religous aspect,(our marriage was done with the consent of all concerned)
    Please do let me know if anyone knows of others who have been denied a f2 visa and what they did.
    Thanks
    Aby

PS...by the way this is not my user id,I registered for my own and guess what i find myself logged in under this name.Noticed it after posting the message and was to lazy to go to change it(so the real alabamena girl ,a thousand apologies).Immihelp please look into it.

Hi there,

I read your message while researching on the immigration laws. This message is not related to your question, but I wonder if you can help me. I understand that you are from India, and currently studying for your Master's in Densitry.

I am also a dentist, currently visiting the US on a visit visa. I am thinking of pursueing a Master degree in any dentistry related field here in the US, and I would like to know if you can provide me information on requirements for further study in this field, any colleges that offer financial aid, what are the tests you needed to take before you started, etc. I would truly appreciate if you can help me with my questions. You can email me off-line at [email protected].

Regards,

KLThaw

Comment

Hi, I have experienced exactly the same problem. I am on a valid F-1 visa, my I20 clearly stated more funds than required to support me and my wife, and yet the consular officer rejected the visa saying I didn't have enough money to support her. I would like to know whether you were able to get the visa approved for your wife, and if so, what steps you took when you applied again.

Thanks.

Comment

hi guys i am also on the same boat, as my wife got denied for her f2 visa. can u guys tell me u re experiences. as it is almost two months back u guys had posted this messages. if u can help me in some way that will be so help full.

Comment

have u guys reapplied for the visa,
          What is the result if so.
          i am also 0n the same boat so i want to know abt the result.
          thanx in advance.

Comment

Re: f2 visa

hello, i just got married and am now back in the US, my wife would be applying for an f2 visa the coming month. any advice? like what questions do they usually ask, etc...any info would be of great help. thanks

Comment

F2 Visa Denied Once, Possible on OPT?

Hello,

My wife had appeared for the F2 Visa interview recently in Chennai, India and was rejected on grounds of insufficient funds on my I-20. Will she stand a chance of getting her visa when i am on OPT and send my employment papers on OPT? Please do let me know.

Thanks,
              D

Comment

Originally posted by duece
                My wife had appeared for the F2 Visa interview recently in Chennai, India and was rejected on grounds of insufficient funds on my I-20. Will she stand a chance of getting her visa when i am on OPT and send my employment papers on OPT? Please do let me know.
                D
                Ask her to take up a job in an MNC in Chennai. Most MNCs sponsor work visas for their employees. So she can come here and have a job. Dual income is always better.

Comment

My experience for F2 application, chennai

hi guys,
                  i hope this will help, i went yesterday 27-04-2007 to apply for my f2 visa, my wife is in the U.S as a student, they've granted me multiple entry till the validity of my wife's f1 visa. make sure the photo is as per requirements, and all the questions are either filled or 'N.A', coz' i was turned away for that, was delayed several hours. Dont bring cellphone, bags coz' you cant keep it anywhere, i was told by a cop to keep it in a tea shop nearby where he charged me Rs100, try not to ask anyone outside for help, coz' almost none of them is genuine, my bad experience!
                  these are the stuff that I had with me when I went
                  * D156, D157, D158, application form
                  * pasport, HDFC receipt, I-20 signed by the university
                  * bank documents, photo album, wedding invitation, marriage cert (WHICH THE OFFICER TOTALLY DID NOT ASK)
                  * all I-20s of mine which i have studied in the U.S., letters of working here

thats, it, go early, TRY NOT TO ASK ANY OF THE SECURITIES, COPS FOR ADVICE--UNLESS YOU HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY TO SPARE!

ABOVE ALL, MAKE SURE YOU PRAY AND ASK GOD TO GUIDE, LEAD AND PROTECT YOU.

"Ask and Ye shall receive...you have not coz' you ask not"
                  Luke 11:9

if you have any questions, i'll be glad to help email me [email protected]

God bless
                  Joe
                  Last edited by joeraj; 04-25-2007, 11:01 PM.

Comment

F 2 Visa

Hello,

I am Nilesh Patel, and doing my MS in Healthservices in USA... I am on F 1 visa status...

My wife appeared twice for F 2 dependent Visa, but she got rejection twiceat Mumbai Visa Counsellor...Second time visa officer said, " your husband is not earning there, so I can not give you visa. it is the rule that your husband should be doing job and earning there and then we can give you visa"... Her sponsers were my father and her father and our finacial support was also more than enough... So is it rule that I must be earning here to get my wife visa for F 2 ? And which matters we should keep in mind during the interview?

Please reply me about it because we are under tension right now... Please help us...

Thank you very much

Waiting for your reply...

Comment

Hello,

I am Nilesh Patel, and doing my MS in Healthservices , USA... I am on F 1 visa status...

My wife appeared twice for F 2 dependent Visa, but she got rejection twiceat Mumbai Visa Counsellor...Second time visa officer said, " your husband is not earning there, so I can not give you visa. it is the rule that your husband should be doing job and earning there and then we can give you visa"... Her sponsers were my father and her father and our finacial support was also more than enough... So is it rule that I must be earning here to get my wife visa for F 2 ? And which matters we should keep in mind during the interview?

My wife also stressed on the sentence that we have enough fund to support me and my husband at the USA but the visa officer did not give my wife the visa telling that it's a rule...

Please reply me about it because we are under tension right now... Please help us...

Thank you very much

Waiting for your reply...

Nilesh A. Patel

Comment

F2 visa approved in chennai on 21 Nov 2007:

Hello,

I am Nilesh Patel, and doing my MS in Healthservices in USA... I am on F 1 visa status...

Thank you very much

Waiting for your reply...[/QUOTE]

Comment

F2 Visa Approved at Melbourne Consulate Australia

Hi Guys,

My husband got his f2 visa at melbourne consulate,australia on 11/30/07. The VO asked my husband how long he plans to stay,how he is going to support himself and what are his future plans.
                          We had shown two sponsorers, one was me and the other was my father. I have graduated and am working full time on OPT. My OPT ends May 2008. My husband showed my pay stubs, my bank statements and my father's bank statement as financial support. He further showed an employment offer letter from an indian company stating that his employment begins March 2008. So that way my husband proved that he had no intentions of staying back in US and that he is not a potential immigrant.

For all you guys whose spouse is applying for F2 visa, I think its better that the you have a job so that your spouse can show pay stubs and also some documentary proof that says your spouse has an intent to return. It could be a job offer letter or even a leave approval from your spouse's employer or anything else that would convince the VO that your spouse is not a potential immigrant.

In case of f2 visa they check for two things
                          1. Adequate Financial Support
                          2. Proof that the applicant is not a potential immigrant.

I feel that a bank statement from parents alone is not adequate. You need to have a job that pays you enough to cover the living expenses. If you have assistantship well and good. Else some on campus job that pays you well.

If your spouse satisfies both points then he/she will get the visa. Even if you are on OPT. Thats my personal experience.

Cheers.
                          Last edited by mnaik; 03-09-2008, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Question about F2

Hi there,

I have one question. I got married, after which my wife applied for a passport. But in the passport, she has put NA for "Name of the spouse". Is this going to affect the possibility of getting an F-2 visa which she is going to be applying soon. Am I in any kind of trouble? Please let me know..

Comment

F2 visa rejection

my name is bhupendra patel and i am F1 visa holder studying in in university of north alabama at florence,AL35630,USA.my wife and my son (3 yrs old) have applied for the F2 dependent visa of usa for 2 times.i have got enough finance available with me to live in usa for my self and my family.but still my wife's visa was refuced 2 times.so i want to know that is there any law which guarantees F2 visa............?i want to bring my family to usa.pls guide me wat should i do.....?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X