Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining New Vendor

My current employment status is as below

MySelf >> My Employer (A) >> Prime Vendor (B) >> Client (C)

Now Client has awarded the contract to new Prime Vendor (D).

My Contract with my employer (A) says that I can't work directly or indirectly for B and C.

Is it legally possible to directly join new vendor (D) working for the same client (C) at the same place ?

Depends on the contract. Generally, it is not possible and will be violation of non-compete ad D is directly linked to C now.

Show your contract to a labor law attorney.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

But now new vendor (D) is ready to give me in writing that he is going to handle all the legal issues including monetarily overheads if arises.

Comment

Then you can join. Get your lawyer draft a letter covering all bases and have D sign it.

But your employer can still sue you as D is not a party to any employment agreement that you have with your employer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X