Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between H1B extension and H1B renewal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between H1B extension and H1B renewal ?

Is there a difference between term "H1-B extension" and "H1-B renewal" ?
    I am in US on H1B since Jan 2005. My H1-B got expired on Dec 2007 and now I am going back to India for vacation in Jan 2009. My current I797 is valid until Jan 2010 and so is my I-94. I understand that I will have to go for H1-B stamping as my current H1B expired in Dec 2007 (1st three years).

So if there is a difference between the above mentioned terms, which one do I qualify as and is there a difference in the process of getting visa stamped for those two terms ?

Also can anyone share if I am missing any of my employer related documents besides the ones mentioned below..
    Offer Letter, Pay stubs, Vacation Letter, Job Duties, Visiting cards of President and VP of the company

Any input would help. Thanks

Extension is used for the petition commonly and renewal is used for the visa stamping. But none of them are official terms. I have never met the president of my company as they are not accessible to regular workers. I have met some VPs though and I am sure they don't remember my name.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Your case is visa renewal. Remember that you may qualify for emergency appointment also.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X