Need Help PCC -passport office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help PCC -passport office

There is a requirement to send Police clearance certificate along with the DS230 form. We submitted police clearance certificate issued by Local police commisioner office from India. We got a letter from National visa center stating missing police clearance certificate . Letter gave the instruction on obataining police clearance certificate from local passport office. When approached to Local passport office in Gujarat India, passport office denied issuing PCC based on the letter received from National Visa Center.

According to them PCC will be issued if you have Visa call letter?

Did any body face this kind of situation? Any suggestion on how to get the PCC in this circumstances?
    Last edited by IMP; 01-05-2009, 09:25 PM.

Police Clearance Certficate Help Needed...

I've similar situation. I'm sponsoring my in-laws and am getting the same response from passport office. They've mentioned that the rule is changed from Dec 18. They were issuing this clearance certificate (essentially a stamp on passport) earlier but since Dec 18 they've stopped doing it prior to Visa Appointement Letter.

I would appreciate if you could post how did you solve this problem.

Thanks so much in advance.

Comment

same here

Originally posted by jdprajapati
      I've similar situation. I'm sponsoring my in-laws and am getting the same response from passport office. They've mentioned that the rule is changed from Dec 18. They were issuing this clearance certificate (essentially a stamp on passport) earlier but since Dec 18 they've stopped doing it prior to Visa Appointement Letter.

I would appreciate if you could post how did you solve this problem.

Thanks so much in advance.
      hello JD..
      i am from gujarat...my passport is issued from Ahmadabad. but i have to apply in Surat regional office becoz of zone.

I have applied in 15 days before but no anything from them as well...people says that, ahmedabad office ask for interview letter and surat office ask for only approval letter...

now, problem is that, NVC wil lnot issue interview letter untill, we submit PCC from passport office...

and officers not answering in proper manner...

wht to do ?

have u got any hint or solution for your problem ?

peter

Comment

well,
        I vaguely remember that if you write to NVC explaining the situation and that you will have the pcc for the interview, the NVC accepts it. I cannot guarantee the authenticity of that info, why dont you email NVC?
        Last edited by aashishpooja; 01-19-2009, 10:59 PM.

Comment

I am facing the same freakin problem

Hey guys, I am facing the sameeeee problem and it seems like its getting on my nerves. I met with the IPS officer there, Mr. M. D. Antani, he told me that it was not possible for them to issue the police clearance certificate till I had an appointment letter. Now I prepared an affidavit and sent it to the NVC and also wrote a letter explaining the situation. They told that it was not acceptable and that they had to get the PCC. Now I dont know what to do. If you guys come across a solution, plz plz plz let me know. I have been away from my wife since last 1.5 years now and I am really pissed man.

Comment

did they even take the application at the passport office?
            how did you guys come to know that they wont issue pcc? after applying or right there at the office?
            I'm sorry I'm not of much help.

Comment

Need Help PCC -passport office

Ahmedabad passport office did not accept the application. They are not giving any thing in writting.

Comment

Reg. PCC -Passport office and NVC Requested Documents

Dear Friends I know lot of people finding same problem that I found from Ahmedabad Passport office but once u submit a requested documents please put below format so its easy for you to process your file fast.. And to receive PCC from Ahmedabad Passport office you need to make sure that you keep your choice of agent to your spouse back in INDIA [....Now a days your spouse can send a scan copy of choice of agent to [email protected] and they will accept it insted of wasting time to send it through mail...] or If you want your self as choice of agent then u can request NVC to send a letter to your spouse back home that what documents she needs from there ...That way she receives all NVC correspondence letters to INDIAN address and that u can show it to Ahmedabad Passport office that she lives at that address and her file is in process..That simple things Ahmedabad Passoport office called "NVC Appointment Letter" .. Thats all that Ahmedabad Passport Office people wants to issue a PCC. NVC Customer service is really good they will help you and guide you and communicate with you through e-mail [email protected] ....... But you will find tough time with Ahmedabad passport office because those people doesn't know what customer service means is and they have no idea what the process that other passport offices follows in INDIA...... If they give you really hard time and not cooperate with you then please complaint to Joint Secretary (CPV) & Chief Passport Officer, Ministry of External Affairs, Room No. 20, 1st Floor, Patiala House Annexe, New Delhi-110001
                Tel: 91-11-23384519,23384497,Fax:23782821 Email: [email protected]

........ Best of Luck for your File Process.........

Document Name....................................Document Status (FROM NVC on my Wife's App. Letter) _
                CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS............Form not needed
                DS-230-I.............................................Yes/Document complete/reviewed
                DS-230-II............................................Yes/Document complete/reviewed
                PASSPORT...........................................Yes/Document complete/reviewed
                BIRTH CERTIFICATE...............................Original Document Received
                ADOPTION............................................Form not needed
                MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE..........................Original Document Received
                MARRIAGE TERMINATION.........................Form not needed
                COURT RECORDS...................................Form not needed
                FINANCIAL EVIDENCE.............................Yes/Document complete/reviewed...[GOES TO DIFFERENT ADDRESS]
                CUSTODY PAPERS..................................Form not needed
                MILITARY RECORDS................................Form not needed
                INDIA POLICE CERTIFICATE.....................Original Document Received
                IRS WAIVER.........................................Form not needed..........................[GOES TO DIFFERENT ADDRESS]
                PHOTOGRAPH.......................................Yes/Document complete/reviewed
                PETITIONER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE........Form not needed
                PETITIONER BIRTH CERTIFICATE.............Form not needed
                PASSPORT POLICE CERTIFICATE.............Acquire for Interview....... [You will get 2 copy from Ahmedabaad Submit one and keep one with you]
                Last edited by mehulaghera; 03-10-2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

wait for another 48 hours

I am going to Ahmedabd to get Passport police clearance. I will post here, latest happenings from me, in another 48 hours.

Comment

Re: PCC police clearance certificate

I have the same problem too with PCC in Ahmedabad. I filed for my brothers, already send all paper work to nvc.just PCC is left. NVC is sending me letters to send PCC, and in Ahmedabad they r not issuing PCC without appointment letter. I sent emails and letters to NVC, letting them know how it works in ahmedabad , India...and told them that without interview letter from consulate they do not issue pcc, But I guess they r not understanding my situation. and I m not getting the correct answer for my questions. If any one else, who got the pcc from Ahmedabad. let me know.
                    Thanx and good luck to all here.....

Comment

Just get PCC for Principal Applicant..!!

If some one applying for their Brothers/Sisters... Then, Just Go to Ahmedabad Passport Office.... Show them just Check List Letter (with Bar code) showing Principal Applicant Name ,along with NVC address...!!!
                      They, will issue PCC for Pricipal Applicant... So, submit that one to NVC...!! thats done..!!! NVC will send all documents to Mumbai Consulate & also send Visa Interview letter to applicant..!! Just take that letter (which shows all applicants Name - Principal & Derivatives) that they need PCC (along with other documents needed for interview like, Medical check-up, Passport, Photos, etc.) & they will give PCC for all Derivative Appliants...!!! (bingo..!!!)

If u still have any problem to obtain PCC... u can contact (see their website)to US Consulate , Mumbai for more help...!!! or E-mail to NVC..!!!

Comment

how to obtain passport clearance certificate

guys just take your passport,checklist or visa appointment letter, police clearance certificate...to ahmadabad passport office...
                        if you do not have your original police clearance certificate then make sure you have a original notarized copy of pcc...from the place you belong.....k these documents are enough for you to get a passport clearance certificate....also take a pic of yours...n rupess 300 fee..
                        now if there are more than one person in a single file case....the checklist will have only one barcode n that to of the main petitioner...so to get pcc in this case you should have your visa appointment letter...only then they will give you the pcc...hope you this will help a lot of people...if anyone still have any problem regarding this then email me your problem on email id - [email protected]....i'll try solve your problem as soon as possible...k
                        Last edited by patel1984; 05-03-2011, 10:11 AM. Reason: na

Comment

Originally posted by kaaral View Post
                          I have the same problem too with PCC in Ahmedabad. I filed for my brothers, already send all paper work to nvc.just PCC is left. NVC is sending me letters to send PCC, and in Ahmedabad they r not issuing PCC without appointment letter. I sent emails and letters to NVC, letting them know how it works in ahmedabad , India...and told them that without interview letter from consulate they do not issue pcc, But I guess they r not understanding my situation. and I m not getting the correct answer for my questions. If any one else, who got the pcc from Ahmedabad. let me know.
                          Thanx and good luck to all here.....
                          kaaral did nvc not send you the checklist...i got my pcc from ahmdabad using the checklist...k ask nvc to give you the checklist

Comment

Guys

I have allready faced all these problems about pcc in gujarat.
                            I am from rajkot Gujarat, they are not providing PCC without visa later.
                            but actually visa cant issues without police verification certificate.

in this case i have one idea and i have already follwed it and now i m in abroad.

well you go to your local passport ofice in your city. if it doesnt in your city, you go to commisnor office and tell them to issue a PVC certificate..not PCC

PCC means police clearance certi.
                            PVC means police verification Certi

in PVC matters they will give you in written that you r not verified in any criminal case and they give you stamping of city comminsnor sign and stamp.

so after getting this PVC you can go on your way..

this pcc problems are only in gujarat...its all about politics...

if u need any help in this matter...email me [email protected]

Comment

vikesh,

So you mean to say NVC will accept a certificate from the local police station in place of a certificate from the passport office? That's good to know.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X