Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laterbloomer View Post
    vikesh,

So you mean to say NVC will accept a certificate from the local police station in place of a certificate from the passport office? That's good to know.
    sorry to inform you that nvc need these both...so first get pvc and then pcc ok

Comment

PCC help - ahmedabad

Hey friends

I am a principal immigrant with my family to USA. I have got checklist for PCC, but before i get theses checklist I mailed all ds-230 forms and docs with PVC to NVC.
      Now Ahmedabad Passport Officer asking for PVC for me and my family but i have only photocopy of it only. Does notarized copy of PVC will work to get PCC for me now and for my family when i ll get visa call letter along with checklists?

Please reply

Comment

Solution to get PCC

1st of all you need to get ready PVC(local police certificate ) in baroda it takes 15 days...which you may get without any Letter from NVC

2nd thing is NVC will send notification to fill Ds 230 form and they will send Coversheet and Checklist letter which contains Barcode,Case Number.

You need to present this Checklist letter and PVC and Passport to local Passport office and Finally you will get PCC..

so you may send DS230 ,PCC and rest docs. To NVC...all together so that you dont need to wait for until NVC ask for PCC
        This will not cause any delay...

OR

if NVC has not sent any Checklist letter to you along with coversheet then you may put a "NOTE" that you will show PCC at the time of interview.....while sending DS 230 +docs. + PVC to NVC...

nowadays, NVC is asking to bring PCC directly at the time of interview...which is not causing any delay.... So call NVC and confirm....
        All The Best.
        Last edited by flofy123; 09-20-2012, 04:22 AM.

Comment

PCC Ahmedabad possible changes

Hi friends, Can anyone back me up here on issue of requirement of PCC for Immigrant Visa IR-1 / CR-1 case as follows:

If you download Packet-3 / Packet-4 from Mumbai consulate website, recently they have made this change under Police Report:
          (I have copied what is mentioned exactly under Police Report check-box)

POLICE REPORT: Each applicant aged 16 years or older must submit a police certificate that includes information regarding the applicant, including all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s) and the disposition of such cases. The following list explains where applicants must obtain their police certificates.
          (A) Indian citizens residing in India: Indian citizens residing in India for six months or more since turning 16 years of age must present Indian police clearance certificates from the local area passport office. This certificate is valid for one year from the date issuance.

>> PCC from local passport office <<
          Now if I go to the website of Ahmedabad Passport seva kendra, under PCC they mention only original passport and residence proof. NOTHING ELSE.

Question: Does this mean that I DO NOT need a Police verification certificate (PVC) from Police commissioner Office or Police Station for PCC at passport office and/or Visa interview?
          CitrUS

Comment

need help- PCC

hi,
            I need pcc for immigration to usa. firstly my permanent address which is same as in passport is of baroda. i lived in pune from 2010 to 2013 as i studied there. since july 2013 i am staying in baroda. now my question is what all places i need to get PCC from. Is pcc from pune required for visa interview? what is the procedure?
            Can anyone help on this.
            Last edited by amirulzin; 02-11-2015, 03:13 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X