Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original I-797 not returned by US embassy

Hi,

Recently my wife got H4 approved in New Delhi US embassy. but the consular officer did NOT return my original I-797.

Anybody has any idea if that will be returned alongwith passport or it was not returned by mistake. What is the procedure.

Thanks for your help.

Most likely a mistake. They return everything in most cases after the interview.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the reply...

Can you please let me know how to follow up on this with US embassy in this regard.

Thanks.

Comment

H1 Documents

Can you please let me know how to follow up on this with US embassy in this regard.

---- Email them with all you details and they will respond to that. If possible attach a copy of the I-797 to ensure that the I-797 belongs to you with your name and other details

Subramanya

Comment

don't worry they will send that with your passports.The same thing happened with me and when i pointed out this to the visa officer he told me that it will be sent along with the passports but that was for my own h1 interview
          Last edited by h1bdesire; 01-06-2009, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Hi BalKumar,

My Wife also got her H4 Visa from Delhi Consulate in October'2008.
            Then also they kept my original I-797 with them but it was returned with the passport.
            But my wife confirmed from them - that they are keeping it and will it be returned - So they told her that it will be returned with Passport.

I think its the same case with u also , so don't worry they will return it with ur wife's passport.
            But still no harm in confirming from them by writing email to them as suggested.

Thanks ,
            Abhay

Comment

Thanks a lot to everybody for responding..

Comment

Original I-797 not returned by US embassy

Same case with me too. They didnt return my I797, and now my wife is going for h4 without original (have photocopy) will this be a problem for her stamping?

Immediate respond will be a great help for us.

thank you.

Comment

Pl. send her wife with Original I 797 petition. They might raise some concerns over photocopy. I 797 will be return with the passport.

Comment

I am in the same position. Officer took my original I797 and didn't return back. How I will get that back. What is the process? I have written several emails and called many times, but they are not giving appropriate answers. Quick response will be highly appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X