I-130 Receipt Notice Question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Receipt Notice Question....

Can anyone give me a general idea how long it will take to get a receipt notice after I have filed my I-130 petition? I plan on applying for a K-3 visa for my husband, but cannot do this until I have the I-130 receipt notice in hand. Thanks for any info or shared experience.

Denise

I filed my I-130 among other forms on December 21 2008--received my receipt notice on January 3rd 2009. My official receipt notice date was December 26th 2008.
    I already received my appointment for Biometrics for my I-765 as well (Jan 20 2009).
    Hope this information is helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by A66tee
      I filed my I-130 among other forms on December 21 2008--received my receipt notice on January 3rd 2009. My official receipt notice date was December 26th 2008.
      I already received my appointment for Biometrics for my I-765 as well (Jan 20 2009).
      Hi A66tee,

I also filed for adjustment of status at Chicaggo locakbox on jan 15 2009 and got recipt notice yesterday,Where did u send your forms and did you file I-485 too. I filed I-130,I-485 and I-864 9all in one packet) and the reciept notice is for I-485 only . I was wondering if I will get another receipt notice for I-130 or its considered as part of I-485 and hence one NOA only. Also there is no priority date on my receipt notice ..is that what its on your notice too.
      your response will be really appreciated as it will rid me of anxiety
      reagrds

Comment

Check with your attorney and make sure they do not have your forms. In my case my attorney received a few of my forms while I received a few at my home address. I am unsure where the forms were filed (what lockbox or address) but I can also assume it was at the Chicago lockbox for the MSC.

I filed all the forms together. I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765, etc. Received the receipt notices back rather quickly and had a letter in the mail in less than a week after receiving the receipt notice for the finger print appointment (Biometrics). There are two finger print appointment generally--one for the I-485 and one for the I-765. The one for the I-765 takes literally 5 minutes while the one for the I-485 takes 10-15 minutes.

One more thing--and to specially answer your question---you will get a receipt notice for each document you filed. (I-130, I-485, etc). There is no p. date on my document either--I was told by the attorney that within 6 months of your receipt notice I will receive an appointment notice to appear for an inicial interview with my wife---at which time the officer will interview us to determine if the marriage is legit and whether I should receive the conditional Green Card ( for 2 years). So while I have no priority date I just imagine that with in the next 5 months I will receive the letter for the inicial interview and go from there.

Best of luck-
        Last edited by A66tee; 01-29-2009, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your detailed response , actaully i recieved NOA for I-130 yesterday (I was expecting those together thats why i kinda panicked) i also got letter with date and place for biometrics yesterday. As you submitted your forms close to me i will keep you posted with the developments if any. it would be really nice if you can share any development on your side. Fo rnow all i have to do is go fro biometrics and then wait.

Thanks again for your response

Comment

BirdsofPrey...I will certaintly keep you up to speed on the progress of my case. I too am interested in yours...
            Just waiting for my EAD card to arrive now...can't get here soon enought.

Remember the Biometrics appointment is a breeze so dont sweat it at all.

Comment

Hi

Hi Guys,
              I have been following up the messages in this thread and I have filed my GC through my Wife( US Citizen). I have filled I485, I130, I131, I765 and other forms all togather on Jan 20 2009 and got the receipt of notice for I131,I765,I485 on Jan 27 2009. I was wondering if I will be getting another receipt of notice for I130. I will keep you updated on my case also if you guys are intrested.
              Thanks.

Comment

Eugene-

Please do keep us/me updated on your progress. I will certaintly keep you up to date on my progress.

I received the I-130 receipt at my address becasue my wife's address and mine is the same. But the actually receipt for the I-130 came to my wife...after all is was a petition filed by her on my behalf. So I am sure that the same is true for you. Whatever address she put on her application (if you have a copy of the paperwork filed to USCIS) is the address that will be used to have your receipt sent to.

I hope this helps--in my case the I-130 filed for me arrived at the same time but it came in my wife's name and listed me as a beneficiary.

Comment

hi

Thanks A66tee. We both are living togather. so I guess I have to wait for sometime. I will surely keep you posted on my case.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I have some questions regarding I-130 & G-325A. Currently I am on H1-B visa and my wife is USC.

Form I-130 :-
                    Que 1 ) In question # 14 "if your relative is currently in the US, complete the following". the last question in this section asks "date authorized stay expired, will expire, as shown on I-94 or I-95"
                    Now I am on H1-B visa and my wife is US citizen. Last time, I entered US on H1-B visa. So what date should I write here..?

Que 2) "Complete the information below if your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status" "Your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident at the USCIS office in :"
                    Since I will in Sunnyvale, CA should i mention Sunnyvale, CA..?

Form G-325A
                    Que 3) "Alien Registration Number" at the end of form.
                    My wife is US citizen. So which number should she mention here..?
                    I am on H1-B visa. So which number should I mention here..?

On the top right corner of first page of this form, there is a box "File Number A_______ "
                    My wife is US citizen. So which number should she mention here...?
                    I am on H1-B visa. So which number should I mention here...?

I would really appreciate if you can answer these questions.

Thanks,
                    Harsh.

Comment

Guys, i had my finger printing done the other day and as you mentioned Ateeq it was a breeze, Just in case someone reads this post here are the details
                      i went there at the given time filled up one page form about DOB,height,weight,color of eyes,color of hair and contact information etc. There were couple of questions regarding A# and one more number ( i am forgetting the name)which kinda baffled me for a min as i didnt remember my A#. I asked the guy there and he pointed that both these numbers were written on the appointment letter ( A# on that letter was different from the one i got at the time of OPT which i filled on all the forms ) . After that i had to wait for my turn, once the lady called me i followed what she told me and it was done. and yeah be sure to dress up nice as they might click your pic .

good luck

Comment

I file I-130 on Feb.20, with prioity mail with

Originally posted by A66tee
                        I file I-130 on Feb.20, with prioity mail with delivery confirm, but when I track the mail, it did not show if it is delivered ot not, also, the check is not cashed, I am afraid the mail is lost? it has been 10 days after I sent the mail. any ideas?

Comment

hi

Originally posted by eugenelouis
                          Hi Guys,
                          I have been following up the messages in this thread and I have filed my GC through my Wife( US Citizen). I have filled I485, I130, I131, I765 and other forms all togather on Jan 20 2009 and got the receipt of notice for I131,I765,I485 on Jan 27 2009. I was wondering if I will be getting another receipt of notice for I130. I will keep you updated on my case also if you guys are intrested.
                          Thanks.

Did you file I-130 through your attorney or by yourself? what address did you use? Chigaco?

Comment

I-130 mailing question

Should I mail the I-130 application using Express mail or priority mail is fine?

Comment

Noa

I just sent my 130, I485, I751 packets on 03/10/2009 with Delivery Confirmation and it shows that the package arrived on 03/13/2009 hopefully everything will go well and will hear back from them soon. And will post any updates here.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X