Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB1 EA or EB2 NIW

Hello all,
    I have Phd degree (from US university) and i am currently working as a fellow in cancer vaccine group in one of the famous nonprofit organization in US. I have 2 publications (one of them is in highly valued cancer journal) and presented in 5 conferences so far. i was wondering whether i can apply for GC in EB1 EA category or EB2 NIW category with the above mentioned qualifications. Can anyone please let me know your suggestions. I appereciate it.

Can anybody suggest me anything about the questions posted???? I really appreciate your suggestions....

Comment

EA and NIW are complex situations and only a legal professional can evaluate the case properly to give proper direction. Consult a good one.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by lacvac
        Hello all,
        I have Phd degree (from US university) and i am currently working as a fellow in cancer vaccine group in one of the famous nonprofit organization in US. I have 2 publications (one of them is in highly valued cancer journal) and presented in 5 conferences so far. i was wondering whether i can apply for GC in EB1 EA category or EB2 NIW category with the above mentioned qualifications. Can anyone please let me know your suggestions. I appereciate it.
        Hi
        Just a background, my EB1B and EB1A both got approved
        Here are my particulars
        Graduation PhD from US University
        Papers : 10 first authors, 1 third authors
        Citations : >20+ and counting
        Presenations : 10
        Judge of others works : 1 review, one Judge in a national conference

My suggestion is you can apply in either category, criteria for EB1A is tougher than NIW, and EB1B is similar to NIW except that you need offer letter from the employer.

If you file in Texas center , it is lot easier than Nebraska, therefor where you live is important, that being said, some of my friends who have lived in OHIO (Nebraska center) when they filed it online it reached TSC, so were lucky and got NIW 140 approved easily, cover letter and how you present your research is important, and how you present your case to be of extreme importance to US interests and of your own ability is important, before filing i would encourage you to review administrative decisions in USCIS website in both category and study the reason for denial so that you can better prpare you case, but dont get discouraged,
        contact me me i fyou need more insight
        Peace
        Raj

Comment

EB1-EA-seeking advice

Could you please make your comment/advice on the following background whether I can apply under EA category with premium processing.
          Thanks.

 “Innovation of the Year” International Award for developing compact gamma-camera for diagnoses prostate cancer – this device recently got FDA clearance.
           Ph.D. degree in Semiconductor Detector Physics.
           Working as a Research Associate at a National Laboratory
           Expertise and present contribution in national nuclear security, medical imaging, alternative renewable energy.
           17 years professional experience
           9 scientific peer-reviewed papers (1st author) and 31 scientific papers/reports (co-author) published in international scientific journals and these works are cited 46 times by the other researchers.
           15 international conference presentations and invited talks.
           Reviewer of two international scientific journals.
           One pending patent
           Membership of well-recognized International scientific societies dedicated to advanced science and technology.
           Teaching Instructor of Radiology, Radiotherapy professional courses
           IAEA Fellowship, specialized trainings
           4 project proposals worth $1.5m for 2011-2012 fiscal-years submitted at NA-22, DNDO/DHS and LDRD for approval and funding.
          Last edited by LRAMM; 04-28-2010, 11:36 AM.

Comment

to LRAMM

With that kind of a list of Credentials (Just like Mr. Phunsuk Wangdooo) to your Credit, its surprising you don't have the common sense to know whether you would qualify for EA or not !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

“Innovation of the Year” International Award for developing compact gamma-camera for diagnoses prostate cancer – this device recently got FDA clearance.

ANS> Very strong evedence you should claim Evidence of receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence

Ph.D. degree in Semiconductor Detector Physics.

ans> not necessory but worthy

Working as a Research Associate at a National Laboratory
              Expertise and present contribution in national nuclear security, medical imaging, alternative renewable energy.
              17 years professional experience

ans > not necessory but worthy

9 scientific peer-reviewed papers (1st author) and 31 scientific papers/reports (co-author) published in international scientific journals and these works are cited 46 times by the other researchers.

15 international conference presentations and invited talks.

ANS> claim Evidence of your original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance to the field

Reviewer of two international scientific journals.

ANS> claim Evidence that you have been asked to judge the work of others, either individually or on a panel

 One pending patent
               Membership of well-recognized International scientific societies dedicated to advanced science and technology.

ANS > claim Evidence of your membership in associations in the field which demand outstanding achievement of their members

Teaching Instructor of Radiology, Radiotherapy professional courses
              IAEA Fellowship, specialized trainings

ans> may be you can add this in contribution

4 project proposals worth $1.5m for 2011-2012 fiscal-years submitted at NA-22, DNDO/DHS and LDRD for approval and funding.

ans> may be you can add this in contribution

i am not attorny but this is information i know so i am providing you

but better you should get good attorney because i have filed my petion self on december 2011 and trust me i prepared it since 6 months

Comment

Job Description as evidence

I am wondering if the job description for my position can used as proof to show that I perform a leading role in my organization or if a more detailed reference letter is needed? Below is the language in the job description:
                -leading cross-functional teams to fulfil prod dev and mrkting rqmnts
                -leading development of collateral materials and tools to help facilitate the group retiree sales process
                -lead problem solving, initiating and driving organizational changes
                -leading translation of product and marketing strategies from conceptual objectives to actionable results-driven tasks and outcome

Comment

Originally posted by Abbi View Post
                  I am wondering if the job description for my position can used as proof to show that I perform a leading role in my organization or if a more detailed reference letter is needed? Below is the language in the job description:
                  -leading cross-functional teams to fulfil prod dev and mrkting rqmnts
                  -leading development of collateral materials and tools to help facilitate the group retiree sales process
                  -lead problem solving, initiating and driving organizational changes
                  -leading translation of product and marketing strategies from conceptual objectives to actionable results-driven tasks and outcome
                  My attorney drafted an employment letter and asked my employer to sign.
                  It basically reiterates my job description and testified that I played an important role in the company.

Comment

Originally posted by LRAMM View Post
                    Could you please make your comment/advice on the following background whether I can apply under EA category with premium processing.
                    Thanks.

 “Innovation of the Year” International Award for developing compact gamma-camera for diagnoses prostate cancer – this device recently got FDA clearance.
                     Ph.D. degree in Semiconductor Detector Physics.
                     Working as a Research Associate at a National Laboratory
                     Expertise and present contribution in national nuclear security, medical imaging, alternative renewable energy.
                     17 years professional experience
                     9 scientific peer-reviewed papers (1st author) and 31 scientific papers/reports (co-author) published in international scientific journals and these works are cited 46 times by the other researchers.
                     15 international conference presentations and invited talks.
                     Reviewer of two international scientific journals.
                     One pending patent
                     Teaching Instructor of Radiology, Radiotherapy professional courses
                     IAEA Fellowship, specialized trainings
                     4 project proposals worth $1.5m for 2011-2012 fiscal-years submitted at NA-22, DNDO/DHS and LDRD for approval and funding.
                    My credentials are similar to yours: 52 citations, 8 papers, 16 conference presentation.
                    But only 3 year work experience. My attorney guaranteed NIW but not EB1A.

Comment

Originally posted by YuLin View Post
                      My credentials are similar to yours: 52 citations, 8 papers, 16 conference presentation.
                      But only 3 year work experience. My attorney guaranteed NIW but not EB1A.
                      Hi,

I work in the embedded software/semiconductor industry.
                      Can anyone please suggest where we can submit journal papers, conference papers that has an international recognition and helpful for EB-1?

Thanks,
                      Aditya

Comment

About EB1A cover letter

Hi rajesh,

I just graduated with PhD in mechanical Engineering and thinking to apply for GC under EB1EA category. If you can give me your sample cover letter that would be helpful for my case. I already got my I-140 approved under EB2-NIW category , but my priority date is November 2014 and current priority date is Sept 2008. Below is my background
                        PhD from ASU
                        Papers : 5 first authors, 4 co-author
                        Citations : >50+
                        Presentation : 8
                        Book Chapter : 2
                        Best Paper Award, Outstanding Graduate Student Award and 3 Travel Grant to go to conference.
                        Reviewer in 3 Journal

Originally posted by rajeshkulus View Post
                        Hi
                        Just a background, my EB1B and EB1A both got approved
                        Here are my particulars
                        Graduation PhD from US University
                        Papers : 10 first authors, 1 third authors
                        Citations : >20+ and counting
                        Presenations : 10
                        Judge of others works : 1 review, one Judge in a national conference

My suggestion is you can apply in either category, criteria for EB1A is tougher than NIW, and EB1B is similar to NIW except that you need offer letter from the employer.

If you file in Texas center , it is lot easier than Nebraska, therefor where you live is important, that being said, some of my friends who have lived in OHIO (Nebraska center) when they filed it online it reached TSC, so were lucky and got NIW 140 approved easily, cover letter and how you present your research is important, and how you present your case to be of extreme importance to US interests and of your own ability is important, before filing i would encourage you to review administrative decisions in USCIS website in both category and study the reason for denial so that you can better prpare you case, but dont get discouraged,
                        contact me me i fyou need more insight
                        Peace
                        Raj

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X