No announcement yet.

UK - Direct Airside Transit Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent help needed :: Do I need a transit visa?

Hi,

I am transiting through UK (London) on flight from US to India. Recently, I got transferred from F-1 to H1B and will be doing H1B stamping in India during trip. My passport has a valid F1 stamp (actually valid for next couple of years) but the OPT I-20 / EAD is expired.

Do I need a transit visa?

It would be great if people who transited trough UK in same situation could share their experiences!

Thanks!

AK

Comment

UK Transit visa for Canadian PR travelling from US to India

Hi,

I am in kind of unique situation.
      I am in US on H1 visa, which was expired in sept. 2011. I have valid extension till July 2015.
      I want to travel from USA to India via London (Heathrow). I am aware that we need transit visa for travel via London if we don't have valid US visa.

Now the other fact is that, I am a Canadian Permanent Resident with valid PR card till 2016. As per the below link, a person with a valid Canadian PR Card can travel via london without having transit visa, but I am not sure its valid from travel from US to India or not.

If anyone is aware of this situation, please reply.

Thanks.

Comment

L1B extension denied,is it safe to travel via London ?

Hi,
        My L1B visa and I94 had expired on 16July 2012 and VISA extension was filed in April 2012 for the same.

I checked my case status online yesterday which shows the extension to be DECLINED. The decision notice will be received by my company in 5-7 days.

I already have my return tickets on 17th Dec 2012 on British Airways with a transit point of Heathrow, London.
        Can I fly through UK in such a scenario ? Kindly suggest.

Comment

INDIAN with Valid US VISA - NO NEED of Airside Transit VISA -updated 30th Dec 2013

Google "Transit without visa' concession - DATV exemptions".

Visit:
          Visit for tourism, business or a short stay (up to 6 months), airport transit visas

If you are Indian, you are a "DATV national" & all eligible for above exemptions.

All you need is a valid non expired US Visa!! so CHILL!!

Comment

delhi to usa with three days in paris. Flying through London

Hi Virat (or anyone else who can help),

I'm in the same situation as you. I'm flying delhi-london-paris and then after three days paris - london - San Francisco but it's on the same itinerary and I have a valid H1b visa.

I know I wouldn't need datv for the second flight. I want to know if I would for the first.

Virat, Were you able to travel toulouse-london-mumbai without a datv?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by virat1987 View Post
            Hi,
            I am a citizen of India and I have a valid US F-1 visa till 2014. I am flying to
            India from US with a 1 week stop in France. I have a connecting flight
            in Heathrow airport in both cases. So my itinerary looks like:

Miami - London - Toulouse
            Stop for 7 days in France.
            Toulouse - London - Mumbai

I have a valid Schengen short visit tourist visa but do I have to get
            a Direct Airside Transit Visa for the 2nd flight because I'm not
            flying to/from USA? Also, can I say the officials that since my original leaving airport
            is Miami, US and my final destination in the ticket is Mumbai with 1
            week layover in France I don't need a transit visa for the 2nd flight
            i.e. from Toulouse to Mumbai via London.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

US passport - entering Spain airside transit in London for end destination Sweden

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your questions and especially for those who take the time to reply.
              My partner is a US citizen with his US passport of course, I am a Swedish citizen, we are currently in
              Peru. However, next month we are flying back to Sweden. Our flight looks like this:

Lima Peru (Iberia) -> Madrid Spain (Iberia) -> London UK (Iberia but operated by British Airways) -> Stockholm Sweden.

Since my boyfriend does not have much space left on his US passport for stamps we wanted to see
              if anyone knows how many stamps he will get, Im sure since he is coming from South America that
              he will get an entry stamp in Madrid (Spain) but will he also get an exit stamp since he is doing transit
              there, in that case, will he also get an entry and exit stamp in London and then again get an entry stamp
              in Stockholm (Sweden) and an exit stamp (once he leaves Sweden in two months)?

Or will Spain just stamp an entry stamp since they will see that our final destination is Stockholm (Sweden) and
              its also a Schengen country? And also the fact that it seems like since 2014 US passport holders don't have any
              requirements for layover visa's in the UK.

Hope someone can help us,
              Kind regards!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X