Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low Percentage in +2....... visa denied, want to reaplly.. please help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Percentage in +2....... visa denied, want to reaplly.. please help!!!

My name is Varun Kumar. I am from India.
    I applied for student visa to US in January 2009. I was accepted at a community college in an associate degree. When I went to the interview, the officer asked me several questions. Though I answered many but few questions were not answered efficiently. Actually, I was nervous being my first interview at any foreign consulate.
    They asked me that "Why I want to pursue degree in US and why not in India?"
    They also asked me about my percentage in senior secondary. I don't have good percentage. I told them everything truthfully.
    They inquired me about my family and asked that whether I know someone in US.
    Well, I didn’t know anyone in US. I answered them no.
    During the interview, they didn’t saw my financial documents. They just saw the I-20, my passport, MRV fee slip and other forms.
    The visa officer denied my visa stating that she is not convinced. After sometime, I requested them to send me the visa rejection letter.
    They send me an email. The email stated that my visa was rejected under Section 214(b)of Immigration and Nationality act.
    I have prepared all the answers now. But my query is that will they ask me these questions again or will they ask me something different. Another thing that I want to know is that "Do USA grants visa for community colleges?"
    My percentage is not so good. I completed my senior secondary in March 2008. The interviewer also asked me that “What I have been doing till January?” Well I was so much interested and confident about my visa that I didn’t enrolled at any educational institutions anywhere in India. I am admitted into the community college on behalf of senior secondary, so there was no purpose of getting enrolled at educational institution in India. But the visa officer didn’t understand this fact.
    “I want o know that whether my unsatisfactory answers were responsible for visa denial?”
    If it is so, then what should be done?
    I want to reapply.
    I have prepared the answers now. But my query is that will they ask me these questions again or will they ask me something different.
    Is this thing also responsible for the visa rejection. What circumstances of mine should I change to reapply.

Students have to first prove that they will be returning to their home country by means of familial, financial ties. It is clear from your interview that you had a "great" amount of interest to study in the US only and failed to have good grades. This will suggest that you plan or intend on settling in US for good which is reason for denial.

Unless something significant has changed, chances of approval on a second attempt are slim.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X