Ph.D student got 221g URGENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ph.D student got 221g URGENT

My husband has completed 2.5 years of Ph.D from one of the best Schools in USA. We came to India as his visa was expiring on July 2009 though I-20 is valid till 2011 to renew his visa. We had interview at Kolkata consulate he asked some basic question and gave green sheet to submit few question via internet. He told us not to worried but problem is time. My husband academic session has already started and we are waiting for visa. We gave interview on 28th Jan..IS ANYONE IN SAME BOAT? What are the chances of getting visa? We are really very stress and worried. Please suggest what should we do? CONSULATE KEPT HIS AND MINE PASSPORT TOO.

Thanks

can anyone reply pls??????????????????????????

Comment

What were the questions in that form? Related to his major? Some majors like databases, chemicals are on the technology alert list. Otherwise they may be checking his name. It will hopefully take little time. But you have no option but to wait.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Most likely TAL.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks..his question was related to his research..his department is engineering science and mechanics...I am wondering do they reject visa of a person who has already completed 2.5 years of ph.d and in mid of study??? pls write.

Comment

txh1b,

Thanks...what does means of TAL...?

PLS EXPLAIN..

skumari

Comment

Technology Alert List

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Visa status

Hi,

Did you hear something about the visa status. I am in the same position, applied for F1 renewal in Dec.

Still waiting to hear from the embassy. I had to submit a questionnaire and list of publications.

Comment

Yes We Got The Visa...how About U?let Me Know Pls..heard From Them On 3rd March...

Comment

221(g)

Hey congrats ....I am still waiting. Could you let me know when did you had the interview for the visa....this could help in determining what time approx it takes...and also which consulate did he had the interview ??

Thanks,

Comment

You will find the answer to your question in her first post above.... JAN 28. When did u go for ur interview

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X