Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension of visitor visa B2

Hi All,

I am filing an extension for my mothers stay in the US for a month or so. I have a few questions, appreciate any answers.

1. Does anyone know what kind of financial support I need to send? I was planning to send the affidavit of support I 134 and 3 pay checks and print outs of bank statements. Would that be sufficient or should be sending all that is needed for the original (B2) visa?

Also she got her B2 visa in 2004, would the affidavit of support that we sent to her then be still valid?

2. Also immihelp website states that there is no need to send orinigal I94 and only a photocopy. IS that true? The instructions in the form I 539 states that the original I 94 needs to be send.

Thanks in advance for all the replies.
    deepa

extensions are not easily granted.

what is the reason for the extension?

you are risking losing her visa.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

I-94 and paychecks dont matter as much the reason for extension. No extensions for nanny jobs at all.

Comment

Originally posted by orion
        I-94 and paychecks dont matter as much the reason for extension. No extensions for nanny jobs at all.
        How do you know that she is extending for nanny jobs ? just curious

Comment

Originally posted by rajeshkulus
          How do you know that she is extending for nanny jobs ? just curious
          Cos 90% of the cases on the forum claim so.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Is it wrong for grandmothers to visit their grandchildrens and spending time with them? It is not like the grandmothers are working in daycares and getting a 1099.

Comment

Originally posted by jlim View Post
              Is it wrong for grandmothers to visit their grandchildrens and spending time with them? It is not like the grandmothers are working in daycares and getting a 1099.

Go figure...!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

If your granny was not here, you would have hired a nanny or used the services of a day-care right? So thats an american job taken away

Comment

Originally posted by orion View Post
                  If your granny was not here, you would have hired a nanny or used the services of a day-care right? So thats an american job taken away
                  Plus 6 months is MORE THAN ENOUGH time for visiting and spending time. No reason for an extension at all.

Extensions for such reasons and visa abuse in general, makes it a lot harder for other grannys to come and visit because their visas are denied based on the previous experience with so many people abusing the system.
                  Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Originally posted by PraetorianXI View Post
                    Plus 6 months is MORE THAN ENOUGH time for visiting and spending time. No reason for an extension at all.
                    I didn't know there's a time limit on family bonding time and love. I always thought love was unconditional. My mother would spend every day being with her grandson unconditionally.

Comment

Originally posted by jlim View Post
                      I didn't know there's a time limit on family bonding time and love. I always thought love was unconditional. My mother would spend every day being with her grandson unconditionally.
                      ha ha ha... cut the emotional crap, and go back to your home country to spend all your life with your mom/granny. No one invited you to immigrate, and if you did it on your own then you'll HAVE to play by their rules. You basically want her to live in US and that is not possible. As pointed out earlier, you are abusing your visa which is a privilege, and not a right.

Comment

I'm playing by the rules. Otherwise, I won't even pursue the extension.

In layman terms, the rules says if one wishes to file for an extension, the acceptable reason is ______________ and provide evidence of __________.

If this forum is truly to help out fellow immigrants, please provide the answers. I'm not looking to abuse anything. I'm willing to go through the motion of filing the necessary paperwork and follow it up with the necessary actions as stated in my paperwork.

Stop the lecturing.
                        Last edited by jlim; 04-08-2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

We are helping immigrants and non-immigrants alike, future and current.

What you plan on doing and your stance on this, is doing nothing but attempting to benefit you and your situation, but it will hurt many others.

So how are you helping others by abusing visa terms? making it harder for others to obtain such privilege?

Love is unconditional blah blah blah... you can send your children to spend 10 years with their granny in her home country if you wish... other than that, she should not spend more time in the USA than in her home country.

Comment

I very well understand both sides of the story.

Therefore, please let us know argue unnecessary too much.
                            Immihelp Support
                            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Without knowing the entire reason why I would like my mother to stay for another couple of months, you have already made up your mind. Rather presumptuous of you, don't you think?

You claim to help immigrants and non-immigrants. I could file a GC on my mother's behalf and she can stay here even longer. Fact is, we don't have any intentions for her to immigrate here.

I would like to extend her stay for another 2 months. That's all. If you are willing to help, help. Stop saying everyone is abusing the system. The extension exists for a reason. It is similar to applying for your GC while you are on H1. You are suppose to be a temporary worker on H1. Why then do you seek a GC? Aren't you abusing the system as well? You are taking jobs away PERMANENTLY from an American citizen. You were suppose to be here temporary on an H1.

Don't be a such a pompous and arrogant fool. Who are you to tell me my mother should not spend more time here with her son and her grandchild.

If no one is willing to provide the info I'm seeking. That's fine. I'm stay away and not post anymore. Post what you like. I'm not going to bother, unless of course it is useful advice
                              Last edited by jlim; 04-08-2009, 11:51 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X