Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange I-485 interview !! Please Help

Hi,
    My name is Smita an Indian citizen. We had our initial GC interview at the Seattle USCIS.
    Our names were called and when we went to the door the IO lady said she needed to just talk with the petitioner and the attorney. So I sat back as my husband an american citizen and the lawyer went in.
    They were greeted by another interviewer the head iterrogator for fraud, who said that he must say that they suspect this is a fraudulent case and they want to ask him some questions. They fired a battery of questions to which my husband replied appropriately. The questions were about his school and mascot and who his best friend was, where did I get my graduation from and my education. that they had information that I had lived with my husband in the appartment in January and left in January, which is not true.
    The interviewer said that he had seen a large rate of fraudulency in people applying for GC from India. After asking my husband a question of sexual nature, which he answered, the interogater said he was satisfied in my husbands candiness. He told the interviewer that she could proceed. They then called me in.
    We have a lawyer and have submitted all the paperwork necessay except my SSN which I have not received yet.
    The strange part is they called me in while my attorney and my husband were seated and there was the 1st IO this time who asked me the general questions pertaining to the earlier documents we had submitted. Nothing relating to our married life or relationship. We were not cross questioned/examined or asked the same questions seperately. Which I hear is usually the case in fraud interview. Would they not ask me questions to make sure if it was a fraud. Its very strange and frustrating.
    The lady then took my I-94 said she would verifiy things and we would receive the decision in the mail. The interview was on 23rd feb 09'.
    We are shocked by the way the interview process was held. Has anybody gone through a similar process earlier.
    Does this mean denial in any way. I do have my EAD and adv parole.
    Thanks in advance.

This could one of those random check AND or they might got some fraud on similar name check. That is my guess.
    If all the docs are legitimate there is nothing to be worried.
    I do not think there is anything to be worried

Comment

just wanna know the decision made on your application.

just wanna know and follow up what happened to your application. Were you able to get a reply from them already? was it a good or a bad result? Please let me know coz i also had a similar situation as yours. We had our interview just last week and we are still in the agony of waiting for results....
      Last edited by bosjrmd; 05-16-2009, 02:33 PM.

Comment

really strange

our experience goes like this, we had our interview on january and it didn't take much time lasting like 15 mins and not much questions, no interogation, no separate interviews but the problem is my husband forgot the date of our marriage wahhhh
        the IO said that she will go through the papers and will send us the decision.
        well, we received letter for our 2nd interview next week...
        i called up a lawyer coz we didn't have one when we filed it and...the lawyer is charging like 2th and the reason is, it is abrupt and he needs to cancel his other appointment on that day
        we haven't decided yet if we will bring a lawyer, some said there is no need for a lawyer to be present during the interview coz at the end of the day it will still between me and my husband how they will decide

Comment

Of course the decision is yours but I was caught in the same thing...well not really but I was deciding whether to take a lawyer with me and my wife for our 1st interview. I asked the forum for advice...no one responded naturally. After much flip-flopping I decided not to have a lawyer. My interview went fine...so good that I actually asked the interviewer what the positives were of having an attorney. She siad that the attorney can not answer any questions for us but can advise the individuals on requesting the interview to be stopped and rescheudled if a question is asked that is illegal or if additional documents are needed that are not taken to the interview. Her words not mine were that "it was a waste of time, if your marriage is real" to have an attorney.
          If you feel more comfortable having an attorney they there is no monetary value that can be plaaced on peace of mind but in terms of it helping you in other ways...personally I choose not to have one and I am so glad that I did. The Attorney was charging $700.00 and my interview was completely painless

Comment

another inquiry

i just have another inquiry coz during our interview last week which lasted for about 5 minutes with not much interrogation. The IO just asked how we met and that's it. She then verify the info that we have written in our application packets such as the G-325A, etc. She didn't even asked for documents such as insurance, bank accounts, credit cards, car insurance, bills, etc which I have prepared. Now, I'm confused of what will be her decision. She was kind and light but what I was thinking is that she didn't even asked for any personal questions for us to prove our marriage. Just asking for opinion on what you think is the reason or the decision of the IO will gonna be. Thanks...

Comment

I have never really heard that they ask such personal questions. Is it even legal to do so. I mean, you can surely ask about proof of relationship, bank accounts, joint house and property etc but seems like asking about private stuff is a just too much.

Comment

approval notice

The IO didn't asked for any documents such as bank accounts, insurance, etc... personal questions i'm asking to is about who cooks the dishes, who does the laundry which are somewhat usual questions as some who have gone the interview where asked of them... anyways, after a wk yesterday, i've received my approval notice.. Thanks God... to everybody who is gonna undergo the interview, just be relax during the interview and as long as your marriage is true and divine, no one can seperate you... that means there's no reason they should have deny the visa...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X