I have completed by first 3 yrs on H1-b visa with single employer. My visa has been expired on Sept 30, 2008. I filed for the extension with my employer in July 2008. I recently got a RFE query for H1-b extension on March 1st 2009. I have a I -140 Approved with my current Employer in EB-2 Category. Waiting for I-485 to be filled.
Now the question is
If i file for H1-b transfer with different employer as a backup option.
Q1 :- Once the H1-b transfer is approved with different employer, do i have to join the employer immediately or i can wait till i get approval/denial for H1-b extension with the current Employer ?
Q2 :- If i transfer to different company, and my employer is willing to keep the I-140 petition. Will it be possible for me to work for another company for some time and join back my current employer once i get the EAD.
Q3 :- If my h1-b extension is denied before my h1-b transfer approval comes, will i be out of status ?
Q4:- Can i file for H4 visa as dependent to my husband immediately on the same day, when my h1-b extension is denied. Will i be considered out of status @ that time ?