Had an interview but did not get the stamp on the passport! pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had an interview but did not get the stamp on the passport! pls help

i had an interview base on marrige on Jan 22nd. Interview went well but the interviewer did not stamp on my passport. She was saying I would get the deceision in the mail in 30 days. It's already over 45days and I did not hear anything from them yet.
    Can anyone advise me if the means something? or How long would it take before I hear something from them?
    Thanks in advance!

I had the same case

I went to the interveiw last week , I had the exactly same situation here. the officer wrote a little note on my passport , says I-485 is pending, because she can not decide now, will notice us within 60 days. she also told us anything is possible ( granted , more documents, second interview or even a Denial )
    I asked my lawyer about what to do , he said there is nothing we can do besides keeping fingers crossed and waiting for the further notice .

Comment

AOS interview

My wife and I had our AOS interview last week. The immigration officer was nice. She didn't asked a lot of questions.. she just asked how we met and how did our relationship went on. We were able to answer her well. Our interview took just about less than 10 minutes. The interviewer didn't asked for any evidence from us such as insurance, bills, mortgages and all those stuffs. She just got my I-94 and photocopied our ID's. She didn't put any stamp on my Visa/passport. She just told us to wait for mails in a couple of weeks and if don't receive anything, we must have to contact the immigration office. I'm now confused coz the interviewer was so easy on us. I don't know what that means.. Is it an approval or a denial? I'm thinking that if it is a denial, she should have asked deeper questions and asked for more evidences but if it is an approval, thanks God...it would be easy for us... please help me and let me know if you have similar AOS interview experience. thanks in advance... waiting is really a nerve-wrecking experience...

Comment

They do not stamp your passport anymore!
        They did not stamp mine but I got my freen card!
        It may take 1-2 months form the date of the interview. It depends on how long the application has been pending at your USCIS center. It takes about 5 months now.
        First you get a welcome note from the USCIS that your application has been approved and you are a permanent resident and then in about 2-3 weeks the green card itslef arrives!
        Just have a little patience!

Comment

thanks

thanks you are correct.. they don't stamp the visa anymore... I just got my approval notice yesterday exactly 1 wk after our interview for AOS. They sent me a notice that they have already ordered for the printing of my green card.. hopefully it will not really take a long time... anyways, thanks for your concern and reply.. it's really self-fulfilling when you provide knowledge to fill the gaps of confusions in anybody's mind.. and by just replying in this thread really appease at least part if not wholly anyone's burden.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X