Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a 221g green slip at US embassy new delhi, please advice

Hi,

I recently faced H1 visa interview, I went there along with my wife( for H4). In beginning everything went OK. As we have already been to US earlier, for two years, on H1 and H4 respectively.
    We came back from US in Feb 2008. Embassy officer “she” didn’t ask us much questions. Interview went like this.

She took our finger prints

Q What is your qualification
    A I have done CPA from US and Chartered accountant in India

Q How do you know your new employer
    A It was one of the client of my previous employer.

Q What will be your salary at your new employer
    A: $80,000 per annum

Q number of employees at your new employers office
    A: 8 - eight ( she looked surprised)

She gave me back my passport and I797B and also a green slip, marking documents needed – W2 of all employees, tax returns of petitioner , unemployment wage report, and State wage fillings.

I don’t know for what all this…

She didn’t look at documents what I had. she was in too hurry. She told me to read instructions on this slip and send all the required documents via VFS .
    I‘m not sure whether she asked for my passport or not.

I would appreciate if you can reply to this matter as early as possible

Originally posted by Sunny1979 View Post
    Hi,

I recently faced H1 visa interview, I went there along with my wife( for H4). In beginning everything went OK. As we have already been to US earlier, for two years, on H1 and H4 respectively.
    We came back from US in Feb 2008. Embassy officer “she” didn’t ask us much questions. Interview went like this.

She took our finger prints

Q What is your qualification
    A I have done CPA from US and Chartered accountant in India

Q How do you know your new employer
    A It was one of the client of my previous employer.

Q What will be your salary at your new employer
    A: $80,000 per annum

Q number of employees at your new employers office
    A: 8 - eight ( she looked surprised)

She gave me back my passport and I797B and also a green slip, marking documents needed – W2 of all employees, tax returns of petitioner , unemployment wage report, and State wage fillings.

I don’t know for what all this…

She didn’t look at documents what I had. she was in too hurry. She told me to read instructions on this slip and send all the required documents via VFS .
    I‘m not sure whether she asked for my passport or not.

I would appreciate if you can reply to this matter as early as possible
    -- submit As soon as possible all docuements which is mentioned in your 221g slip. and wait for response from Embassy. (ask your employer for mentioned documents).

Comment

dear friend,
      Sorry to hear about this and know what is really going through ur mind.
      As i am sure we all dont prepare for contingencies.
      I was in your shoes 2 months back and by GOD's Grace (incl client, employeer, VFS etc) i got the VISA Extension done.
      Dont worry do provide all the documents they have asked on and wait . New Delhi embassy VO will call you and ask if anything needed (i.e in my case they asked me my 3 years W-2 and last 6 months paystubs which i sent them immediately in hour as i have been working all throughout by Gods grace and also have ADP unam/pwd).
      You havent said they asked to DROP (VFS) or come down personally ?
      Enjoy for min of 2 months (or how soon ur employer send docs and how soon VO calls u) max time depends.
      Wish you all the BEST...

Regards
      Nav

Comment

Thanks Knits,

VO has told me to send documents and passport via VFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny1979 View Post
          Thanks Knits,

VO has told me to send documents and passport via VFS.
          -- VO told same sentance to mostly everyone who get 221g. that the means you have to submit.

Comment

Guys...

I am in same boat. I am in US since last 6 years...I cam to India and went to US embassy new delhi on 13th march...They gave me a green 221g for client letter...

I submitted all document through VFS on 19th march...

Any idea how much time new delhi embassy is taking now a days to process a green color 221g case....I am waiting since last 3 week...

thanks
            satya dwivedi

Comment

Got a 221g green slip at US embassy new delhi, please advice

Hi Satya,

have you submitted your passport also, along with other documents

I would be submitting my documents tomorrow.

I would appreciate if you can send me your contact number in a private message

Regards
              Sunil

Comment

Sunil...

Visa officer did not ask me to submit passport. In fact in 221g document it is mention "not to submit passport until you are asked to do so".

When I submitted document to VFS, they told me that after approval I will be required to submit my passport. They told me that I will receive mail / call from embassy in next 1 to 2 week (but I am still waiting)...

Satya

Comment

Originally posted by satyadwivedi View Post
                  Sunil...

Visa officer did not ask me to submit passport. In fact in 221g document it is mention "not to submit passport until you are asked to do so".

When I submitted document to VFS, they told me that after approval I will be required to submit my passport. They told me that I will receive mail / call from embassy in next 1 to 2 week (but I am still waiting)...

Satya
                  Hi Satya,
                  Any update on ur case, I am on the same boat.
                  Had my interview at the New Delhi on 30th March,2009...
                  Went for stamping and ended up with 221g green slip.I came in the middle of the project Donno what to do now.

Finally ended up with 221g(Green slip) at delhi consulate.

I had submitted all required additional documents(Specified in green Slip) On 20 APR 2009,its been 1 month and I didn't hear anything from consulate.

Please let me know how much time such cases generally take.
                  The VO returned back all my documents includintg passport on Interview day..

First of all I dont understand..Is my visa rejected?

Please reply back to this with your exp if any.. ASAP need your help

Thanks

Venu

Comment

any update?

Satya what was the outcome of your stamping ? I am stuck with a 221g green from New Delhi and your response will be of great help for me to know the time lines it takes.

NPNG

Comment

Got a 221g green slip at US embassy new delhi, please advice

I appeared for h-1 b visa interview at New Delhi on 11th Sep, 2009 and ended in a green slip. I submitted all the documents including client latter, w2 forms, unemployment wage reports, and notarized list of employees on 22nd Sep, 2009 through vfs. I want o know how much time it will take to process the case. And is there any phone number at embassy whom I can call regarding this. My employer is expected me back as soon as possible.

Please help.

Thanks,
                      Nidhi.
                      Last edited by nidhibansal; 11-05-2009, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Desk Review

Hi All,
                        Anyone knows what is desk review. I received this message -
                        "your application is under Desk Review."
                        what does this mean.
                        Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X