Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI question.

Hello,

I applied for my OCI on March 6th and after almost a month, the status shows "under process" and there is a date opposite to Photo as "scanned". does this mean that my photo has been accepted and I need to just wait for the process?
    How will I know whether my photo has been accepted or rejected?
    Please help.

Regards,
    SandySun.

Keep waiting. And wait to hear from them through online status.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

One more question.

Here is the details of my case (which I shdould have sent earlier)

Application posted :March 6th 09
      Date of Acknowledgment: March 23 09
      Registration Status :Under Process
      Photo/Signature :Scanned 28th March 09
      Documents Printing Status :NOT PRINTED
      Documents Despatched From Delhi On :NOT DISPATCHED
      Documents Received at :NEW YORK CGI

What does it mean by documents received at Newyork? Do I have to send my passports now for stamping? Or do I have to wait until I see some other thing like "granted" in the status?

Please help.

Comment

Yes, send the passport for stamping.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you!

I understand that even if it says "underprocess" and documents are not yet printed and dispatched, but since it says "Received at the Newyork consulate", I can go ahead to send my passport for stamping.

Others, If anyone of you have applied in the New york for OCI recently in the month of March, please let me know how your process is going for you.

Comment

I applied in March 1st week.

Here is the status for my application as of today.

Registration Status UnderProcess Photo/Signature Scanned On 01-APR-2009
            Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
            Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
            Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

I am assuming that documents are not recieved at New York yet, once the registration status is granted then it will be dispatch to NY.

Comment

Update?

Hello OCI Member,

Thanks for your input. Please let me know if there is any progress in your case.

Mine is the same status. Yes, you are right..It is "NOT YET" only regarding the documents received at NY.

This wait is so frustrating. I need to leave from US on May 16th. I wonder if there is any way to contact them to speed up the process.

Regards.

Comment

whats next?

Hello

I have applied for OCI for myself and for my daughter at Houston CGI. Below is the similar status for both of us

Registration Status Granted On 03-APR-2009
                Photo/Signature Scanned On 31-MAR-2009
                Documents Printing Status PRINTED
                Documents Printed On 06-APR-2009
                Documents Despatched From Delhi On 09-APR-2009
                Documents Received at HOUSTON On 13-APR-2009

I know thru this forum that we need to send passports to CGI houston. But i havent seen anything asking for it on the Houston CGI website and more over there is rolling message in teh OCI online services it says to contact the CGI houston first. Can also direct me as to what I need to do and if I had to send our passports whats the address I need to send. Any help is much appreciated.

"Please contact the Mission/Office after 10 days from date of despatch or any day after receipt of documents at the Mission/Office, whichever is earlier. "

Thanks
                Kittu

Comment

Send passport.

Hi,

I too get the same message, but to contact the Newyork office.(because I applied in the New york office) I read several times in the website and I understand that we need to send the passports along with our Indian passports, PIO card of your daughter if any under registered post. (so that u can track).

To contact means either to send the passports by post or can go in person to get the stamping done in one day.

Address of the houston office is available in the website.

Hope this helps.

Comment

How long will it take to get back the passports with OCI stamp

Hello

Thanks for the reply sanysun. I sent my passports a week later ie on 04/22 thru certified post and shows as it reached at CGI, houston on 04/24. But it been almost two weeks and i havent heard back any thing from CGI, houston. I just sent my passports. But I already paid and sent a self addressed envolpe when i first applied for OCI. Anyone has any info about the timings of OCI stamped and getting back the passports.

Cheers
                    Kittu

Comment

The Houston CGI site says it maytake 12 weeks.

Comment

Oci

Hi,

I have applied for OCI & Passport surrender certificate both together for myself at NY, they received documents on July 1st. Till today the status says This case is not yet acknowledged by Mission.

I am planning to go to India in september end or october first week for forever. I am wondering everything will be done be4 that ?

Comment

OCI and Passport Surrender Certificate

I have the same problem. I applied on July 2 to Houston CGI and no acknowledgement of application or no surrender certificate. Don't understand how they operate or how one can find out any information. Any help welcome.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X