Help with form I-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with form I-485

I'm an international student applying for my green card based on marriage to a U.S. citizen. I'm almost done with all the forms, but I just have a few more questions, particularly regarding form I-485
    1. I'm filing form I-130 and I-485 concurrently. Both forms ask for my G-325A. Should I attach a G-325A with each form I-130 and I-485, or one G-325A with the I-130 would be enough? Same thing with my birth certificate.

2. Where do I find my nonimmigrant visa #? In my passport? Is it the same as the A#?

2. Form I-485 asks for evidence of eligibility and it says I should attach the approval notice for my immigrant petition with the visa #. Since I'm filing concurrently with form I-130, should I attach a copy of the I-130 to my I-485?

3. I know I have to paper clip all supporting documents to each form. Should I send all forms in one envelope? It's says that because I'm filing I-130 and I-485 together, both should be sent to the Chicago Office (P.O. Box 805887). However, there's a small difference between the zip codes listed. One says Chicago ILL 60680-4107 and the other 60680 4120. They both have the same PO Box #.

Sorry for posting so many questions, but once again, this website has been my greatest help in this process. Thanks!

re

Hey, could someone answer this guy question real quick! because I am in the same boat with in. Also, I will like to know when you are suposse to do your medical tests and finger printer.

I am an international student on the F-1 visa and married an American citizen last week. I am filling the forms myself and I do not have money for a lawyer to file for me. So your answers and reply will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Ro

Comment

I'm an international student applying for my green card based on marriage to a U.S. citizen. I'm almost done with all the forms, but I just have a few more questions, particularly regarding form I-485
      1. I'm filing form I-130 and I-485 concurrently. Both forms ask for my G-325A. Should I attach a G-325A with each form I-130 and I-485, or one G-325A with the I-130 would be enough? Same thing with my birth certificate.

I WILL JUST PUT IT IN THE ENVELOPE LIKE 130, 485 AND G-325A

2. Where do I find my nonimmigrant visa #? In my passport? Is it the same as the A#?

NONIMMIGRANT VISA NUMBER IN LOCATED ON YOUR VISA, IT'S A COMBINATION OF 8 DIGITS (IN MY CASE IT'S 8) IN RED INK

2. Form I-485 asks for evidence of eligibility and it says I should attach the approval notice for my immigrant petition with the visa #. Since I'm filing concurrently with form I-130, should I attach a copy of the I-130 to my I-485?

YOU CAN'T ATTACH ANYTHING BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE IT, IN THE FIELDS LIKE A#, USCIS STATUS PUT N/A. FILE BOTH FORMS CONCURRENTLY AS YOU'RE SAYING

3. I know I have to paper clip all supporting documents to each form. Should I send all forms in one envelope? It's says that because I'm filing I-130 and I-485 together, both should be sent to the Chicago Office (P.O. Box 805887). However, there's a small difference between the zip codes listed. One says Chicago ILL 60680-4107 and the other 60680 4120. They both have the same PO Box #.

ONE ENVELOPE, I-130 ASKS FOR BIRTH CERT SO ATTACHE IT TO THIS FORM AND A CHECK FOR $355 I BELIEVE, SEPARATE FOR EACH FORM.
      I'LL PUT THOSE FORMS INTO SEPARATE NYLON SLEEVE TO AVOID CONFUSION.

I HOPE THAT WILL HELP.
      GOOD LUCK

Sorry for posting so many questions, but once again, this website has been my greatest help in this process. Thanks!

BTW...ROTIMI I DON'T WANT TO PAY A LAWYER SO I DO A RESEARCH, I ADVICE TO DO THE SAME NOT JUST ASKING QUESTIONS. I KNOW THOSE THINGS, BECAUSE I SPENT MY TIME SEARCHING FOR IT, LIKE LOOKING INSIDE OF THE PASSPORT ON THE ACTUAL VISA TO FIGURE OUT WHICH NUMBER IS MY NON-IMMIGRANT VISA NUMBER. THANKS.

Comment

more questions, same situation

i have a few more questions on this, it'll be really helpful if i get some answers asap as I am also filing forms i-130 and i-485

i am on F1 visa which technically doesnt expire until i am enrolled as full time student. when asked for the expiration date of visa in form i-130 what should i write? should i say N/A

i am filing i-130 and i-1485 concurrently on the basis of marriage to US citizen, what should be the answer to the part 2(application type) of form i-485?

what is alien number? i dont have an alien number, but i do have a ssn. what should i do when they ask for A# in the forms?

i read that we need to file form i-864 along with i-485. how important is form i-864? is that really needed?

what address did you file both of your forms i-130 and i-485? i am getting confused with a lot of addresses given by uscis in different forms.

Comment

one more doubt

in form i-485 part 3 A it asks for current occupation:
          I am F1 student working part time in the university. what should be my answer to the question? should it be student or my occupation?

Comment

Originally posted by sssaksena View Post
            in form i-485 part 3 A it asks for current occupation:
            I am F1 student working part time in the university. what should be my answer to the question? should it be student or my occupation?

Your current occupation is "student". Alien number, look into your EAD (if you have) you have a 9 digit no on it (ZZZ-ZZZ-ZZZ). If you dont have EAD and are working as Research assistant or teaching ast. leave A3 blank or write none...

If you are married to US citizen, apply I-130, I -485 and 365G. If you wnat to out of US and re-enter, you can use your valid visa stamp and you dont need the parole. If visa stamp on your pasport has expired, then you need a parole. What address do you mail...........Yes, recently (since Feb 25, 2010) the submitting addresses have changed. download the latest form from USCsI webiste, Where to send also depends on where you live.......
            Last edited by sur_pa; 03-10-2010, 09:36 PM. Reason: spellings

Comment

Follow everything at https://www.immihelp.com/family-based-greencard/

Filing locations:

I-864 is very important and really needed:
              https://https://www.immihelp.comhttp...it-of-support/

After reading everything there, if you still have questions, post them here.
              Immihelp Support
              No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

one more important question!!!

i am on F1 visa which technically doesnt expire until i am enrolled as full time student. when asked for the expiration date of visa in form i-130 what should i write? should i say N/A or what?

Comment

F! expiration i-130

Originally posted by sssaksena View Post
                  i am on F1 visa which technically doesnt expire until i am enrolled as full time student. when asked for the expiration date of visa in form i-130 what should i write? should i say N/A or what?
                  Technically your visa expires on a given date. Look into your I-20 It has an expiry date. Look into your passport/visa stamp, it has an expiry date. go with the one on I-20 issued by your school. It is not true that your visa does not expires, you need to keep updating through your internation center of the school/university you are in. Beware, it is not automatic.

Comment

I agree that the visa and I20 expires, but thats not what they are asking here.
                    they are asking for expiration date of I94 which does not exist.
                    my visa is F1-D/S DS meaning duration of status, which means that I94 is valid as long as I remain a full time student.
                    This is really confusing, i called USCIS but all they have to say is that they cant tell you that, they can only guide you.... that is lame.

Comment

Hello! please help!!!!!

I know it's 4 years later but I have the same questions. I'd like to know if you received the answers since I have the same questions.???

i am filing i-130 and i-1485 concurrently on the basis of marriage to US citizen, what should be the answer to the part 2(application type) of form i-485?

what should i reply where it says current USCIS status and when does it expire? cause i don't have an expiration date

what address did you file both of your forms i-130 and i-485? i am getting confused with a lot of addresses given by uscis in different forms.[/QUOTE]

thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X