Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help!!! I-864 where/when to send?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help!!! I-864 where/when to send?

Hi all!

I desperately need help with this. I'm totally confused here...
    I'm applying for my father to come. This is what has happened so far:

I sent I-130 and payed $355 to USCIS (They received it March 11)
    USCIS sent Receipt (March 17)
    USCIS sent Approval Notice (May 1)
    NVC sent a letter asking me to pay AOS fee ($70) (May 18)
    I payed AOS fee online (May 29)

At the same time (May 18), the NVC sent a letter to my father to his address overseas, asking him to Complete the Choice of Agent and Address form, and to send it to the NVC address to Portsmouth, NH. He sent it (on May 30). Let me also mention that he didn't chose an agent, but he put his own address overseas to be the future address for all the corespondence they have in future with him (the main reason for this decision is because I am overthere with him at the time). I have someone at my US address who's being receiving, scanning and emailing my letters to me here.

Now, these are my questions:
    1. Do I need to wait for another letter to arrive to my US address, with a whole I-864 packet and the instructions about what I need to file, what I need to send with it, and WHICH ADDRESS I send it to? Or do I just go ahead and send I-864 on my own? If so - someone please tell me WHICH ADDRESS I HAVE TO SEND THE I-864 TO!

2. Is my father going to receive a letter with the information about sending DS-230 and/or something with it, or again, DO WE GO AHEAD AND DO IT ON OUR OWN??? And if so, WHAT IS THE ADDRESS?

3. Do we pay IV Application Processing Fee ($400) now, or we wait for the letter that's going to ask us to do so?

4. If the answers to the first two questions are that we need to send everything now, without waiting for letters, please, someone tell me what is it exactly that I am sending? I know about I-864 (for myself as the main sponsor), I-864 (for the joint sponsor), taxes, letter of employment, and DS-230 in a separate envelope. Anything else?

Please, please, please someone help me! I've been waiting since May 29, when I payed the AOS fee... for some letter, or a clue.... but I haven't decided yet what to do.
    They say so many times TAKING ACTION WITHOUT THE NVC'S AUTHORIZATION COULD RESULT IN A DELAY IN PROCESSING. And I am just too scared to do anything that could slow down the process.

Thanks million times to any one of you who gives me some answers!!!!
    Last edited by aammue; 06-15-2009, 07:18 PM.

Read https://https://www.immihelp.comhttp...it-of-support/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response... I did read everything there...
      I guess my MAIN CONCEARN is: Do I wait for the letter/package from NVC which is GOING TO ASK FOR I-864 and DS-230, or do I send them on my own?

Again, I've been waiting for something to arrive, nothih has happened, I know some people wait, some do it on their own. But I alse read that they don't want you to send anything before they asked for it?!??!!?

Thank you!!!

Comment

I have the same concern you have, I paid the AOS fee and I am not sure if I should go ahead and download the I864 form or wait for NVC to contact me, tell me what you finally did.

Comment

Aj

I read your case and I am in the same situation. What I think you need to do is that once you paid the AOS fee online, within three days, you get the cover sheet on your on-line account and you will need to print that out, which is a proof that your payment is complete. It is also a notification from the NVC that you can go ahead and send the documents. I had asked this question to them and this is what I was told. If there is only one sponsor, here are the documents you need:

I 864 form (does not need to be notorized - I confirmed)
          Income Tax Returns (Required: most recent year; optionl: past three years)
          Cover Sheet
          Employment Letter
          Copy of Paystub (optional).

Once you pay off your AOS fee, after about three weeks, you will get an email to pay $400 for visa fee, same way, online. Once you payoff that money online for fee ($400 per person), you will get cover sheet for that too in your on-line account after 3 days and that will be a notification from NVC that you can go ahead and send the documents for DS230 package.

Here is the address you will send your AOS Package:

Attention: CMR
          31 Rochester Avenue
          Suite 100
          Portsmouth NH 03801-2914

For, DS230 package, same address, just change Attention: DR

If you still have further questions, call at 603-334-0700 - It may come busy, you will just have to keep on trying until you are able to get through.
          I hope this helps!!!
          Last edited by coolAJ; 10-20-2009, 04:52 PM. Reason: adding more explanation for address

Comment

Ds-230

Hi,
            I found this forum because I was searching for where to send the I-864 forms. (Found It). I have read this paragraph "Once you pay off your AOS fee, after about three weeks, you will get an email to pay $400 for visa fee, same way, online. Once you payoff that money online for fee ($400 per person), you will get cover sheet for that too in your on-line account after 3 days and that will be a notification from NVC that you can go ahead and send the documents for DS230 package." and understand everything. My question is who would get the DS230 package? Is the sponsor or the immigrant and whats in the DS230 package? and whats the "Cover Sheet" in the list?

thanks
            Last edited by Taz001; 12-02-2010, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz001 View Post
              Hi,
              I found this forum because I was searching for where to send the I-864 forms. (Found It). I have read this paragraph "Once you pay off your AOS fee, after about three weeks, you will get an email to pay $400 for visa fee, same way, online. Once you payoff that money online for fee ($400 per person), you will get cover sheet for that too in your on-line account after 3 days and that will be a notification from NVC that you can go ahead and send the documents for DS230 package." and understand everything. My question is who would get the DS230 package? Is the sponsor or the immigrant and whats in the DS230 package? and whats the "Cover Sheet" in the list?

thanks
              Im also sponsering my parents now. Need to start I-864EZ now.
              Anyway, here is what I know ( I could be wrong too)...DS230 is also called as packet-3 which is the beneficiary biographic information form, it has 2 parts in it as separate forms. It will be sent to the address mentioned in DS-3032.

Cover sheet is when you have paid the fee (ex:- AOS $88) online & its staus is paid, then they will display you a pdf file which says cover sheet. You need that sheet to send your I-864 forms.

Comment

Originally posted by Nags3_cvn2004 View Post
                Im also sponsering my parents now. Need to start I-864EZ now.
                Anyway, here is what I know ( I could be wrong too)...DS230 is also called as packet-3 which is the beneficiary biographic information form, it has 2 parts in it as separate forms. It will be sent to the address mentioned in DS-3032.

Cover sheet is when you have paid the fee (ex:- AOS $88) online & its staus is paid, then they will display you a pdf file which says cover sheet. You need that sheet to send your I-864 forms.
                Hi,
                Thanks for the reply. Another question, I already have paid the IV fee ($ 404) and printed out the cover sheet. It says on the cover sheet that “After printing this cover sheet, the next step in the immigration process is for the Applicant to follow the Applicant Document Processing Instructions. A link to the instructions has been provided for you on the Receipt Page. You can also access the instructions through immigrantvisas.state.gov“Agent of Choice” and the petitioner I’m in the U.S.).

First, my question is do I have to submit all the original documents to the NVC or just photocopies? (Because I don’t have them with me here in the U.S. I only have the photocopies).

Second, should I fill the DS-230 form and mail it to the NVC with just photocopies or wait for a letter of any kind referencing to DS-230 pack?

Third, can my wife (immigrant) send the documents from India to NVC?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

please help.....me..

My husband applied me for a petition. I married to american missionary. We are planning for a furlough as a missionary and live in states. As of now he is with me while waiting for the paper. He submitted the f-130 last july 2010 then i got the letter from the embassy the notice of action and instruction (it says packet 3). last november with my case number. It says fill-up the DS-230 Part 1 and DS-2001 and submit it as soon as possible at the address in the cover letter. and i did it, i sent it to the Consular Section Immigrant Visa Unit. and it says also don't submit in advance the other documents only prepare them. We have the documents, my husband prepared the i-864 including his income tax returns and we asked also his mom to be our joint sponsor in case he didn't reached the annual income. I got a letter again in Consular Section this January that anytime they can schedule my visa appointment for interview and needs to go medical examination first. But my concern was we didn't get any letter from NVC to submit the documents like i-864 to my husband or pay for AOS, or pay the $440 for application fee because all i know is they going to review it to qualified and will receive the visa appointment. Or even i didn't receive DS-3032. My question is where to we follow-up our case.What is the difference between the NVC and USCSI? Because i think something wrong in the processing. I don't want to have an appointment if i did not do the right thing. Thank you and .Please help mee.... i'm so confused.

Comment

pregnancy

one more thing.. I am expecting a baby girl this march.Im planning to give birth first. What will i do first, my visa appointment interview or to register first our baby as a Child Birth Abroad.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X