Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration...entering in US while Pregnant

hi,

I am a H4 visa holder..having stamped visa till Oct,2010.

Could u please tell me, Will Immigration during US entry allow me to enter into USA, if they find I m Pregnant??

I'll be travelling to India and will be returning..before my 5th mth begins..Please help..if u know any info abt it )

Thanks in advance.

CBP does not have any restrictions to travel if one is pregnant.

From CBP FAQ:

Although there are no specific regulations prohibiting pregnant foreign nationals from entering the U.S., entry is allowed or denied at the discretion of the admitting CBP officer. If the CBP officer determines that you are likely to become a ward of the government (meaning that the government must provide medical care because you do not have medical coverage while visiting the U.S.), you can be denied entry. When determining if you will be allowed to enter the U.S., CBP officers take into consideration the date your child is due for delivery and the length of time you intend to stay in the U.S. In addition, they want evidence that you have sufficient medical insurance to cover any medical necessities while you are in the U.S. If it is determined that you do not have sufficient medical insurance to cover any unexpected or expected medical care while in the U.S., you can be denied entry. Additionally, if you are pregnant and entering the U.S. at a border port of entry via vehicle, be aware the radiation detection portals deployed at the ports do not emit any radiation, and do not present a hazard to you and your unborn child. Coming to the U.S. for the purpose of child birth is not a valid reason for travel.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by nilangi View Post
      hi,

I am a H4 visa holder..having stamped visa till Oct,2010.

Could u please tell me, Will Immigration during US entry allow me to enter into USA, if they find I m Pregnant??

I'll be travelling to India and will be returning..before my 5th mth begins..Please help..if u know any info abt it )

Thanks in advance.
      -- don'tworry , my wife pregnant over 6months (7th running) , KLM airlines allowed us to travel , we entered from Amsterdam to Dallas Tx, in 2008 (I am on H1B and wife on H4 we applied for visa in Amsterdam both togather, and we both first time travel to USA with my >6months pregnant wife). we don't have any problem at POE, nobody will ask you anything regarding your pregnancy, you can enter into USA without any problem.
      PRASHANT DESAI.
      Last edited by h1bfile; 06-16-2009, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks for ur helpful info..

Comment

Helo Prasanth

Originally posted by h1bfile View Post
          -- don'tworry , my wife pregnant over 6months (7th running) , KLM airlines allowed us to travel , we entered from Amsterdam to Dallas Tx, in 2008 (I am on H1B and wife on H4 we applied for visa in Amsterdam both togather, and we both first time travel to USA with my >6months pregnant wife). we don't have any problem at POE, nobody will ask you anything regarding your pregnancy, you can enter into USA without any problem.
          PRASHANT DESAI.
          My H1b petition was approved and planning to attend VISA interview with my wife and she is now 3month pregnant?
          do i face any problem at the time of port of entry?
          will insurance will be covered from day 1 i start the insurance?

please advice...

thanks
          naveen

Comment

Inquire with the insurance company whether they will provide coverage for a pre-existing pregnancy. Big employer's group insurance will normally cover, but small employer's individual policies may not cover pregnancy costs. Treat this as important since delivery costs in the US are *****nomical.
            This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Need help for L2 visa interview while pragnancy

Hi all,

I need help to know about L2 visa interview while pregnancy. I have L1 visa stamp and I am now travelling to US. My wife will go for interview in this month for L2 visa interview. She is 5 month pregnant. So is US consular create any problem in visa clearance or will they reject visa in this kind of cases?

Also our company is providing full coverage for pregnancy. Please let me know the same. I am awaiting for your reply...

Thanks & Regards,
              Keyur Parekh.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X