Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 for wife - need suggestion / answers - critical

Hi,

Is it easy or difficult getting a F2? I plan to get married in Aug'09 to a Phd grad research assistant, who will (hopefully) graduate next year and will have a job by Jan-Feb'10. His immediate finacial health is not too good, (approx $1200 per month) but his education (tution fees) is entirely funded and living expenses is also provided for. Not sufficient bank deposits in the U.S but his parents have property in India and sufficient home ties for him. I have around $5000 in Indian banks and my family lives here but no other means of proving any home ties. I have a job now, which I plan to quit to move in with him.
    Will it be very difficult for me to get a F2 visa?

Will appreciate any helpful answrs.

There is nothing like easy or difficult to get a visa. In most cases, PhD spouses do get F2 visas as the period of study is quite long. You have to try after you get married.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

F2 for wife - need suggestion / answers - critical

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      There is nothing like easy or difficult to get a visa. In most cases, PhD spouses do get F2 visas as the period of study is quite long. You have to try after you get married.
      Thanks. Will the financial condition( if he can support me with his funds or not) be a deciding factor?

Comment

If the spouse has sufficient funding (TA/RA) then it won't be a problem. Make sure the additional bank balances that are shown belong to the principal or the dependent. Using parents' funds is slightly suspicious.
        Also, prepare questions about wedding ceremony properly.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X