Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job placements and H1 sponsor for F1/CPT/OPT students

This happens in US most of the time:

Students complete their graduation and get their OPT status from the university and they also get placed via campus placements by many direct clients. But since the OPT is valid only for 1 year, they "lay-off" these students from their companies after it expires, as these companies does not wish to sponsor H1B for them. Therefore in the last moment these students struggle to get an OPT-extension by finding a job immediately and if they don't, they have the only option to go back to their home country.

This could be avoided if the students are offered job and their H1Bs are filed in order to stay in US. But only consultancies(not all) do this by sponsoring H1B to F1/CPT/OPT students by getting them a job offer.

normally many are not aware of this and finally end up in trouble in the last moment when their OPT is about to expire.

Its always good to approach some consultancies (e-Verified) to find them jobs and sponsor H1B so that you may not be in a position to goback to your home country being jobless!!!!

Regards,
    Cathy.
    Regards,
    Cathy

uSEFUL INFORMATION

Thanks for th information
    But , here is the risk assosiated
    How to evaluate realy geniune consultant?
    Do u know some geniune consultants in US?

Comment

Are there any genuine consultants who bear expenses of H1 filing and pay their employees on bench? You obviously are an agent of these unscrupulous crooks. They are not providing any charitable service here. They are running a risk free illegal business.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Everybody wants to make money

Oh yes nobody is working for charity but in noway it harms anybody.. Well, do the students need a job to stay in US for doing social services or for charity? Ofcourse everybody wants to make money, but in a way where everybody gets benefited and nobody gets Prejudiced.. The company gets him a job offer not by just picking an offer letter from their pocket, there are lot of work involved like recruitment and marketing etc., and the company have specially appointed recruiters and marketing persons and many involved in this cycle whom are being paid by the company and they don't work for charity.. When a consultancy do so much by finding a job offer to a student to work in U.S (which is supposed to be his dream) why can't the company expect someone (students) who is trustworthy to stay with them under their payroll for about a year, for the efforts they have put to place them?

If the students are ready to stay with them for a year, there are many companies to sponsor H1 for them as the money and efforts are not wasted on him, by this the company is not affected and also the person is given a job, by which the student is not affected.

The bench period is something where its not just a period where the consultants are not getting their income, its also for the company. Because the company makes money only when they place them and when they are working. So no consultancies aim to leave any consultant abruptly on bench. The good time to get placed is something where both (the consultancy and the consultant) looks for. So definitely they will be looking for opportunities to place them again immediately.

So the only thing is to find a consultancy who have a good client database (most of the direct clients and prime vendors) and this itself would show how good the consultancy is.

Hope i have said something that is Apposite!

Regards,
        Cathy
        Last edited by cathy4u; 07-13-2009, 11:06 AM.
        Regards,
        Cathy

Comment

what about internships/ co-op? Do any consultancies help students on this?

Hi , I am currently in my 2nd semester of my Masters and actively looking for internship opportunities, I would like to know if anyone can throw some light on obtaining more opportunities for internships. Are there any consultancies which can help in internship or co-op? Please help. Also, I would like to know more information on OPT/CPT. Before that, I want to know about any consultancies helping for internships?

Thanks,
          curiousdiv

Comment

excellent

cathy,
            some clarifications, What If someone has no authorization at all, Like he might be working outside US and he isn't a citizen of US then what can be done to obtain an employment in US with visa type H1b

Comment

Typically, you can use OPT for any job that is related to your field of study. I studied Economics / Math and management consulting was considered applicable. Talk to your international office before deciding on target roles and industries. OPT does not require employment sponsorship (unlike the H-1B), so you can technically use it to work anywhere, as long as you have proof of employment before applying. Some places to start the job search process:
              Your university’s internal jobs / internships portal - you really can’t get better than this. This is a list of employers who want students like you!
              Reach out to seniors for openings in their organizations - another great choice. You’re pretty much guaranteed an interview if this works out.
              Websites of accelerators, incubators, and other VCs - they often list jobs in their portfolio start-ups.
              iNet offers a great database of internships - check to see if your university is registered. Not forget apply maximally as possible https://essmart.org/informative-essay/ Also check your university’s career services for other memberships you can use.
              WetFeet and UniWorld are other resources for careers popular with top US universities.
              If you’re interested in full-time research with your university, try to look for professors / departments willing to sponsor your salary for the year.
              Last edited by stream26; 12-03-2016, 09:02 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X