X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey!!!!

Originally posted by mt2644 View Post
    Hi all,

Great news. hope all of you guys get your papers soon.

MT

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,

Very nice. I hope Pike gets the news real fast too. It has been a long ride.

Take care,
    MT
    Hi MT ,

It's so nice to hear from you. Yes hope I hear something soon, you and I go way back on this forum since July 2009. Very long ride indeed. Seems like there is no end. Nah!! just joking things look a lot better now than before. So yea thanks for remembering. Hope things are ok with you and family esp. the kids. Take care and keep popping in on us..it was a really nice surprise!!!

Comment

• Hello

Originally posted by aaydrian View Post
      My cousin (male -18) had to sign some form of military paper (not sure if it was for US or Jamaica) when he did his interview. Have any of you guys heard of this?
      I think you are referring to Selective Service Act of 1917, all men entering the US between the age of 18-26 has to register.

BTW, I've been viewing this forum regularly to see status dates as my brother is in this category, F3 - Mar 2003.

This forum rocks...
      Last edited by jturbo; 06-20-2013, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Selective services

Originally posted by aaydrian View Post
        My cousin (male -18) had to sign some form of military paper (not sure if it was for US or Jamaica) when he did his interview. Have any of you guys heard of this?
        I might be wrong but I think this is the selective service system. All us citizens and permanent residents between 18-26 have to sign up for this, usually they register online. This is commonly called the draft, and theoretically everyone is subject to the draft but I don't think it has been used since the 70s.

If you haven't registered you should do it online. The website is www.sss.gov.

Comment

• Originally posted by jturbo View Post
          I think you are referring to Selective Service Act of 1917, all men entering the US between the age of 18-26 has to register.

BTW, I've been viewing this forum regularly to see status dates as my brother is in this category, F3 - Mar 2003.

This forum rocks...
          Originally posted by dsz View Post
          I might be wrong but I think this is the selective service system. All us citizens and permanent residents between 18-26 have to sign up for this, usually they register online. This is commonly called the draft, and theoretically everyone is subject to the draft but I don't think it has been used since the 70s.

If you haven't registered you should do it online. The website is www.sss.gov.
          Oh, okay. Thanks guys.
          F3
          My priority date - June 7, 2002

F3 Watch List for active members

Feb2003/Clearvision = February 2003 - GOOD LUCK!
          diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
          Puddy = April 2003
          hfsitumo2001 = May 05, 2003
          butter = November 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
          krish_84 = November 2004
          zaga14 = = November 8, 2004

Comment

Hi all,

Great forum!

I have a PD of Oct 2012. As a married son of a US citizen I'm expecting a long wait. I am British. Does anyone know the current number of people from the UK in the F3 category? I'm trying to calculate a realistic wait based on country limit but cannot find the total number of F3 Brits.

I also understand from research that my wife and children do not need separate petitions, that they can be included later. When do I need to tell USCIS/NVC about them? Do I take them to the interview?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

All the best,

Simon
            Last edited by smatyear; 06-24-2013, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Request to all F3 members whose age was 31 or < on petition approved date

Hi,
              My age was less than 31 on the day my petition was approved and I am sure there may be others like me in this forum, I request you to reply to this thread since we can have a clearer picture as to how many of us can become eligible for V visas when CIR bill is passed.
              Also it would help us communicate on all issues faced, if ever in future.

Comment

• Originally posted by paseb View Post
                Hi,
                My age was less than 31 on the day my petition was approved and I am sure there may be others like me in this forum, I request you to reply to this thread since we can have a clearer picture as to how many of us can become eligible for V visas when CIR bill is passed.
                Also it would help us communicate on all issues faced, if ever in future.

Hi Paseb, I will fall under this category. I have been following the bill in Senate currently but nothing is clear at the moment.

Comment

• F3 August 2003

Hi, I am imran from Pakistan, and this is my post this forum,
                  My priority date is August 2003, from Pakistan. My question is,
                  Since my date is 10 month behind, when I will get choice of agent or any mail from uscis.
                  Waiting for 10 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinmeg View Post
                    Hi Paseb, I will fall under this category. I have been following the bill in Senate currently but nothing is clear at the moment.
                    Welcome Dinmeg,
                    Good to know that we come under this category hope more join us, lets keep our fingers crossed for the bill to pass which I feel will pass because our issue is not the main thorn it is the border security with mexico which also has been ironed out with amendments just hope the republicans don't throw a spanner into it now. Anyway we have to wait 1 more year after the bill is signed by the president for things to start moving and for V visas to be issued.
                    Also FYI V visa is a non-immigrant visa and we are eligible only to stay and work in US and we will not get any other benefits which GC holders will get.

Comment

• Originally posted by paseb View Post
                      Welcome Dinmeg,
                      Good to know that we come under this category hope more join us, lets keep our fingers crossed for the bill to pass which I feel will pass because our issue is not the main thorn it is the border security with mexico which also has been ironed out with amendments just hope the republicans don't throw a spanner into it now. Anyway we have to wait 1 more year after the bill is signed by the president for things to start moving and for V visas to be issued.
                      Also FYI V visa is a non-immigrant visa and we are eligible only to stay and work in US and we will not get any other benefits which GC holders will get.
                      Yay! Senate CIR bill did pass. Lets see how the House CIR goes...We are currently on work visas in US and I will be very glad once they start issuing V visas. At last there will be freedom from employer's slavery. I don't care about benefits we are willing to work hard.

Comment

• Hey guys, just to let you know we just got email notification from the NVC of our interview!

We are F3 PD 4th November 2002 (not 2nd November as I thought before).

We are going for interview to the US embassy in London on 9th August 2013.

The document we received is about 8 pages long so lots to read and prepare for.
                        Will update you more later.

Good luck all those still waiting. Things do seem to be moving quite quickly now..

Cheers
                        Taz

Comment

• Originally posted by taz70 View Post
                          Hey guys, just to let you know we just got email notification from the NVC of our interview!

Good luck all those still waiting. Things do seem to be moving quite quickly now..

Cheers
                          Taz
                          Congrats Taz ! Your news is indeed great news for us all. I wish you and your family the best, and I thank you wholeheartedly for sharing this info with us. Very happy for you ! Cheers ! Butter.

Comment

• Originally posted by taz70 View Post
                            Hey guys, just to let you know we just got email notification from the NVC of our interview!

Cheers
                            Taz
                            Great news Taz!!! Thanks for sharing, because of you sharing this information then I think it is safe to predict that August VB will sure be November 4th (or even beyond) 2002. Good Luck on your interview and yes we will be here awaiting updates from you and Mtouch.

Comment

• happy fr u all

Originally posted by pike View Post
                              Great news Taz!!! Thanks for sharing, because of you sharing this information then I think it is safe to predict that August VB will sure be November 4th (or even beyond) 2002. Good Luck on your interview and yes we will be here awaiting updates from you and Mtouch.
                              I'm so happy for all the member who after waiting so long are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel,i have taken the time to read all the post fr 2009 and have so much knowledge ,that i find my self giving other people an insight to the process and its because of u all thanks and good luck and keep on keeping us up to date ,my PD April 2003 .If they continue at this pace i might receive some papers by (December) am I right ?

Comment

• visa hope

Originally posted by puddy View Post
                                I'm so happy for all the member who after waiting so long are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel,i have taken the time to read all the post fr 2009 and have so much knowledge ,that i find my self giving other people an insight to the process and its because of u all thanks and good luck and keep on keeping us up to date ,my PD April 2003 .If they continue at this pace i might receive some papers by (December) am I right ?
                                if cir become law{now 100%} some people saying uscis given visa up to apply petition 2005 .please this is ruomer are possible.but one thing is possible speed up vb may be 4 month in one vb.congrate to all of you with me.something is good doing Obama.please write how many member from india on this forum.
                                chsingh
                                Last edited by chsingh; 06-29-2013, 03:35 AM. Reason: nothing

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X