Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dsz View Post
    Hi Mtouch,
    We are also going back to our country at least for a year. If you establish residency, fees will be less.that is after one year of residency.
    I read on Social security site that, with form 230, if you apply for SSN, you do not need to visit SsN office..it will be automatically processed and mail to you. Please confirm.

Secondly, I ' m wondering that form 230 , which we had filed 2 years ago, will we have to sign part I I ...at the interview ?Some of the information may have changed. Should we revise?
    What fees ? Sometimes even if you submitted DS20 the SSN does not arrive so some people apply for it in the SS Office. Yes I think you have to sign at the interview. You can probably prepare a new one and submit at the interview in case there are changes.
    "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

F3 Watch List for active members

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
    dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
    S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
    Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
    diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
    Puddy = April 2003
    hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
    Imran123 = Aug 2003
    butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
    krish_84 = Nov 2004 / zaga14 = Nov 8, 2004

Comment

• School fees

Originally posted by mtouch View Post
      What fees ? Sometimes even if you submitted DS20 the SSN does not arrive so some people apply for it in the SS Office. Yes I think you have to sign at the interview. You can probably prepare a new one and submit at the interview in case there are changes.
      Thanks Mtouch.
      I was talking about school fees . As you said school fees will are high in US. If you pay fees as resident of the state, in public colleges fees will be lower.

Comment

Thanks Mtouch.
        I was talking about school fees . As you said school fees will are high in US. If you pay fees as resident of the state, in public colleges fees will be lower.
        Oh yes community colleges have lower fees compared to private esp if you've been an LPR for at least a year but they only offer Associate degrees, not bachelor degrees. So are your kids already in college ? Are they going to study in the US ?
        "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

aaydrian = June 7, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
        Puddy = April 2003
        Imran123 = Aug 2003
        butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004

Comment

• New Bill becomes Law, Elimination.

Congratulations Mtouch and good luck on the interview.
          I appreciate for your reply, my mother a US citizen did sponsor me in mid-2004 under F1, in 2009 when my priority date was about to become current I got married and send my marriage certificate to NVC and became F3.
          Few month ago I got divorced did not work out, I have my divorce certificate ready but did not inform NVC as of yet and to become F1, here is my situation I met someone and am very happy, shall marry her next month.

Should I send NVC both together my divorce and new married certificate in a month after I get married to remove and add my new wife name or should I wait another two years until my priority date becomes current to mail both certificates under F3 ??
          I know if I now send my divorce certificate I will become F1 and my priority date is already current but I don't like the idea leaving my soon to be married wife behind and I am willing to wait.

My other Questions which worries me the most if this new bill does pass and becomes a law which it will, do I get eliminated since I am over 31 years old ???
          because then the smart thing to do is wait to become F1 go to USA then marry her, then the new bill is in my advantage.
          or should I get married and obtain marriage certificate before the law does pass or after ???? I am worried, since this wait has been long and exhausting for all of us.
          My confusion is I am getting remarried so If I mail the new marriage certificate after the bill becomes into law will I keep my old priority date of 2004 or they will eliminate me saying the law did pass you got divorced before and became automatically F1 and since now you got married again after the law did pass and are over 31 so I might be eliminated, is it safer to get married before this law does pass and is it for sure I will not be eliminated because I am over 31.
          It does not say anywhere people who did apply before the bill becomes into law who are over 31 will not be eliminated !!!
          Thanks for your time Mtouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard Y View Post
            Congratulations Mtouch and good luck on the interview.
            I appreciate for your reply, my mother a US citizen did sponsor me in mid-2004 under F1, in 2009 when my priority date was about to become current I got married and send my marriage certificate to NVC and became F3.
            Few month ago I got divorced did not work out, I have my divorce certificate ready but did not inform NVC as of yet and to become F1, here is my situation I met someone and am very happy, shall marry her next month.

Should I send NVC both together my divorce and new married certificate in a month after I get married to remove and add my new wife name or should I wait another two years until my priority date becomes current to mail both certificates under F3 ??
            I know if I now send my divorce certificate I will become F1 and my priority date is already current but I don't like the idea leaving my soon to be married wife behind and I am willing to wait.

My other Questions which worries me the most if this new bill does pass and becomes a law which it will, do I get eliminated since I am over 31 years old ???
            because then the smart thing to do is wait to become F1 go to USA then marry her, then the new bill is in my advantage.
            or should I get married and obtain marriage certificate before the law does pass or after ???? I am worried, since this wait has been long and exhausting for all of us.
            My confusion is I am getting remarried so If I mail the new marriage certificate after the bill becomes into law will I keep my old priority date of 2004 or they will eliminate me saying the law did pass you got divorced before and became automatically F1 and since now you got married again after the law did pass and are over 31 so I might be eliminated, is it safer to get married before this law does pass and is it for sure I will not be eliminated because I am over 31.
            It does not say anywhere people who did apply before the bill becomes into law who are over 31 will not be eliminated !!!
            Thanks for your time Mtouch.
            If I were you don't get married now. Go to the US first on your F1 visa (by submitting the divorce decree to NVC). Then as soon as you get your greencard go back to your country and marry your fiancee. Then you can petition her right after marriage. She will be in F2A category. If the new CIR bill becomes law her PD will become current immediately because this bill will convert F2A to immediate relative (no wait time).

While waiting for her PD to be current, you can go back to your home country and stay there for less than one year then to back to the US to maintain your LPR status.

If you marry now you will wait at least 2 years (maybe more) for your PD to be current.

Just my 2 cents' worth. Update us what happens.
            "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

aaydrian = June 7, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
            Puddy = April 2003
            Imran123 = Aug 2003
            butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by chsingh View Post
              congrat to mtouch,Dsz,rupen for pd current,vb july come date new 1 octber f3

- - - Updated - - -

I am aggreeeeeeeee with you dear aaydrian.how are you in us and what work done.please continue on this thread.
              I'm doing good. I do part time work to keep myself busy until I can get something more permanent.

I got myself a non-driver state ID so I can show identification without carrying my greencard around with me everyday. I also opened 2 bank accounts at different banks and for both you need your passport, SSN, & greencard. For one of the banks I needed to show proof of address and did that with my state ID.
              F3
              My priority date - June 7, 2002

Feb2003/Clearvision = February 2003 - GOOD LUCK!
              Puddy = April 2003
              hfsitumo2001 = May 05, 2003
              butter = November 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
              krish_84 = November 2004
              zaga14 = = November 8, 2004

Comment

• Clearance of Backlogs

Hello,

I quated this from **** **.com . If the CIR becomes a law. What would be the implementation of this. Will it give us benefit for F3 Category?

No Permanent Residence for RPI Until Backlogs Cleared
                Of interest to many **** **DotCom readers, individuals in RPI status would not be able to apply for green cards until the priority dates become current for all those currently waiting for permanent residence based upon family and/or employment filings. To that end, the proposed bill would make some significant changes in the family and employment-based categories in order to eliminate the current, extremely lengthy backlogs.

Regards,

Frank

Comment

• Ssn

Originally posted by aaydrian View Post
                  I'm doing good. I do part time work to keep myself busy until I can get something more permanent.

I got myself a non-driver state ID so I can show identification without carrying my greencard around with me everyday. I also opened 2 bank accounts at different banks and for both you need your passport, SSN, & greencard. For one of the banks I needed to show proof of address and did that with my state ID.
                  Dear Aaydrian,

Did you get temporary social security number at POE? This is because i plan to stay 3 week in USA this time and i need to open bank account. SSN card may take longer time to reach with my green card.
                  Do you think I can visit initially for application of SSN to social security office in Philadelphia and give postal address of Dallas? I plan to visit Newyork , Washington DC and by the time I reach Dallas I get my SSN card. I plan to take residency of Texas.

Comment

Dear Aaydrian,

Did you get temporary social security number at POE? This is because i plan to stay 3 week in USA this time and i need to open bank account. SSN card may take longer time to reach with my green card.
                    Do you think I can visit initially for application of SSN to social security office in Philadelphia and give postal address of Dallas? I plan to visit Newyork , Washington DC and by the time I reach Dallas I get my SSN card. I plan to take residency of Texas.
                    No I didn't get a temp SSN and no one gets a temp or any form of SSN at POE. SSNs are for life so there is no such thing as a temp SSN or changing a SSN.

There is a high possibility that you can't apply for a SSN in one state and request that it's mailed to another state. I couldn't even do that and the addresses were in the same state.

Just apply for your SSN and have the address you put on the form be somewhere where you can trust to get your SSN and get it without tampering.
                    Last edited by aaydrian; 06-19-2013, 12:58 AM.
                    F3

Puddy = April 2003

chsingh = June 2004
                    krish_84 = November 2004

Comment

• I 864

Thanks for the info dsz. Did they also ask for a new Affidavit of Support ? Who sent you the email notification? NVC or US embassy ?
                      Mtouch , have they ask for new i 864...? In specific guideline of embassy, they have asked ......affidavit of support must be less than 12 months old when presented to consular officer.

Is it applicable to us?
                      Please advise.

Comment

• Hi

Originally posted by dsz View Post
                        Hi,
                        Received email for interview on 17 July 2013.
                        Hi all,

Great news. hope all of you guys get your papers soon.

MT

- - - Updated - - -

Yehey ! I got my interview schedule today via email. Interview date is on July 18, 2013. VB is also out and F3 current PD is Oct. 1, 2002. Finally it moved by 1 month.
                        @ Rupen what's the news on your end ?
                        Hello,

Very nice. I hope Pike gets the news real fast too. It has been a long ride.

Take care,
                        MT

Comment

Mtouch , have they ask for new i 864...? In specific guideline of embassy, they have asked ......affidavit of support must be less than 12 months old when presented to consular officer.

Is it applicable to us?
                          Please advise.
                          Hi dsz. If your petitioner submitted the original I864 you only need to bring the photocopy. The I864 does not expire after it's submitted.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by mt2644 View Post
                          Hi all,

MT

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,

Take care,
                          MT
                          Hey MT so glad to see you back. It's been a long time since you posted again. How's life in the US ? Were you able to land a job fast ?
                          "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

aaydrian = June 7, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
                          Puddy = April 2003
                          Imran123 = Aug 2003
                          butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004

Comment

• Mt 2644

Hi all,

MT

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,

Take care,
                            MT
                            Hello mt2644 sir ji,
                            explain which way hope get soon paper to all.we are already pray for this.please write into detail

Comment

• ???

My cousin (male -18) had to sign some form of military paper (not sure if it was for US or Jamaica) when he did his interview. Have any of you guys heard of this?
                              F3

Puddy = April 2003

chsingh = June 2004
                              krish_84 = November 2004

Comment

• I -864

Hi dsz. If your petitioner submitted the original I864 you only need to bring the photocopy. The I864 does not expire after it's submitted.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey MT so glad to see you back. It's been a long time since you posted again. How's life in the US ? Were you able to land a job fast ?
                                Thanks Mtouch.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all,

MT

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,

Take care,
                                MT

So happy to hear from you. Your message to K class for filling form 230 was so helpful to me. We thank you for starting this thread.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X