Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approx how long

Originally posted by Joy4u View Post
    Visa interview scheduled on 6th February. Our priority date is 16th March 2005 from India.
    Dear can anyone tell me how long still for me to get the welcome letter my PD is Mar 2007...

Comment

• [QUOTE=Joy4u;475866]Visa interview scheduled on 6th February. Our priority date is 16th March 2005 from India.[/QUOTE

Goodluck with your interview

Comment

• Originally posted by Joy4u View Post
        Visa interview scheduled on 6th February. Our priority date is 16th March 2005 from India.
        All the best on your mission tomorrow,,

Comment

• VISA issued

Thank you all for all the wishes and help. Our visa was issued yesterday. The visa interview was smooth and the officer was nice. The whole process took less than an hour. We had our biometric finger printing done. Please note that fingerprinting is only done for applicants 14 years old or older. So my kids didn't have do that. First thing done after we arrived for our appointment was, they took all original documents (i.e. passports, marriage certificate, birth certificates and police certificates) and matched those with the originals and kept it with them. The visa officer handed back all the original documents to us at the end of the interview. They didn't ask for the sponsor's W2 form and photocopies of all our documents (though they mentioned in the interview letter to carry all photocopies and sponsor's W2 form to the interview). Here is something I consider important .......... in our interview letter, they mentioned to carry the original sponsorship certificate and I864 form to the interview. We were confused because we already submitted the originals to NVC and only had photocopies of those with us (NVC asked for the originals at the time we submitted our documents). So we tried our best to contact them and have the best possible answer but never got any response from NVC or Montreal consulate. So we carried printout of the email where NVC has asked for it. (that's the best we could do). But we found out that Montreal Consulate already had those and no questions were asked to us on that. NVC sent those to them. In the visa interview, first we had to take the oath to tell the truth. Then the visa officer asked about our place of birth, where the petitioner lives, what does the petitioner do, have we ever refused entry to US, Did we ever illegally stayed in the US, have we ever had any drug related issues or any criminal record. And then he returned all our original documents except the passports and informed us that our visas are approved. He also congratulated us and gave us a letter where it says we will receive our passports with the visas and sealed envelopes through courier in maximum 10 business days. The letter also has the general instructions on how to enter US.
          Thanks once again for all the help and good wishes. I wish all the best to everybody here in this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joy4u View Post
            Thank you all for all the wishes and help. Our visa was issued yesterday. The visa interview was smooth and the officer was nice. The whole process took less than an hour. We had our biometric finger printing done. Please note that fingerprinting is only done for applicants 14 years old or older. So my kids didn't have do that. First thing done after we arrived for our appointment was, they took all original documents (i.e. passports, marriage certificate, birth certificates and police certificates) and matched those with the originals and kept it with them. The visa officer handed back all the original documents to us at the end of the interview. They didn't ask for the sponsor's W2 form and photocopies of all our documents (though they mentioned in the interview letter to carry all photocopies and sponsor's W2 form to the interview). Here is something I consider important .......... in our interview letter, they mentioned to carry the original sponsorship certificate and I864 form to the interview. We were confused because we already submitted the originals to NVC and only had photocopies of those with us (NVC asked for the originals at the time we submitted our documents). So we tried our best to contact them and have the best possible answer but never got any response from NVC or Montreal consulate. So we carried printout of the email where NVC has asked for it. (that's the best we could do). But we found out that Montreal Consulate already had those and no questions were asked to us on that. NVC sent those to them. In the visa interview, first we had to take the oath to tell the truth. Then the visa officer asked about our place of birth, where the petitioner lives, what does the petitioner do, have we ever refused entry to US, Did we ever illegally stayed in the US, have we ever had any drug related issues or any criminal record. And then he returned all our original documents except the passports and informed us that our visas are approved. He also congratulated us and gave us a letter where it says we will receive our passports with the visas and sealed envelopes through courier in maximum 10 business days. The letter also has the general instructions on how to enter US.
            Thanks once again for all the help and good wishes. I wish all the best to everybody here in this forum.

Congrats joy4u

Thanks a million for the update and glad to know all went well, wishing you all the best.

Comment

• March 2017 VB

22 April 2005 PD. Anyone hear anything for March 2006 PD. Good luck all.

Comment

• Going to USA

Originally posted by Joy4u View Post

Hi,

I have heard that US has stopped the entry of all visa holders whether green card, h1, b1, etc all others except the citizens of US only. How will the new visa holders who have got their visa make an entry to the US??

Are they still issuing the green card visas? Has anyone got it?

Comment

• Originally posted by masking View Post
                  Hi,

I have heard that US has stopped the entry of all visa holders whether green card, h1, b1, etc all others except the citizens of US only. How will the new visa holders who have got their visa make an entry to the US??

Are they still issuing the green card visas? Has anyone got it?
                  I don't think it's correct. We got our visa on 6th Feb this year and successfully completed our landing procedures on 20th Feb. We drove to the US Canadian border near Niagara Falls and came back after everything was done.

Comment

• Any one with May PD have you called NVC ?

Comment

• Apr vb

15 may 2005 pd for april vb. good luck. anyone get a letter for PD April 2006. Rc

Comment

• Originally posted by rc04 View Post
                        15 may 2005 pd for april vb. good luck. anyone get a letter for PD April 2006. Rc
                        My pd is July 2006.Any idea how much time left for my date to be current. And how much time prior should I expect the WL.

Comment

• When it is expected to recieve the interview appointment?

You can understand my case.My priority date is July 17,2005 and my receipt date is Jul 28th 2005, Notice date is May 28th 2010, and priory date is July 18th 2005, and then case was moved to nvc and got a welcome letter then complete the 6 steps of the nvc and ds-260 and all documents are completed on the website .But didn't received any interview call .so please tell me if any body have same situation???how much time required for interview after completed the 6 steps of F3 catg.?. when it is expected to receive a phone call or interview? please help
                          Good Luck to All,
                          Disclaimer: This is NOT a legal advice. Use it on your own risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by moronas View Post
                            You can understand my case.My priority date is July 17,2005 and my receipt date is Jul 28th 2005, Notice date is May 28th 2010, and priory date is July 18th 2005, and then case was moved to nvc and got a welcome letter then complete the 6 steps of the nvc and ds-260 and all documents are completed on the website .But didn't received any interview call .so please tell me if any body have same situation???how much time required for interview after completed the 6 steps of F3 catg.?. when it is expected to receive a phone call or interview? please help
                            Have faith,, they are sending interview letters to folks up to May 15 2005 ,,, they are folks with PD august 23 2005 that havnt receive Welcome letter as yet so you have far less to worry about.. just keep holding on

Comment

• Originally posted by deep4shah View Post
                              My pd is July 2006.Any idea how much time left for my date to be current. And how much time prior should I expect the WL.
                              use the visa calculator for an idea, but the fact is, welcome letter have been stuck at Aug 22 2005 date from August 2016 so just pray they start moving again soon

Comment

• thank you so much, we will keep holding on

Originally posted by june05 View Post
                                Have faith,, they are sending interview letters to folks up to May 15 2005 ,,, they are folks with PD august 23 2005 that havnt receive Welcome letter as yet so you have far less to worry about.. just keep holding on
                                thanks again.
                                Good Luck to All,
                                Disclaimer: This is NOT a legal advice. Use it on your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X