Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Executive Action

Hi Paseb
    No body know whats in there in executive action. Everything is suspected basis s.744 bill, which was passed by Senate last year. According to that, we may expect around 2 lakh visas to be recaptured from last decade or so. That will make the category move at twice the pace.
    There is another consideration of giving 1 green card control no per family, which is now equal to no of family members. So that can additionally make category move 2.2 times faster.
    Another addition would be extending V visa in F3 and F4 categories. If this clause goes fine and if applicant was below 31 years at times of filing, he will get immidiate non-immigrant visa and work permit, while waiting for PD to become current.

Comment

• Executive action EA

There is news that EA this time by Obama will be very broad based and hard that's why he had wide consultations with all groups and has taken their suggestions especially the business lobby and if its true then the EA will be a decisive one lets pray and keep our fingers crossed.

Comment

• Hi klovekesh

In my case im already age out. Also cspa age out. So im very confused. I dnt know what to do.? Am i eligible for v visa? If not then what to do ? I dont know about v visa. Please explain me about. How can i apply for v visa. My priority date is in sep 2004.. It ll be current early soon. So plz help me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jess View Post
          Hi klovekesh

In my case im already age out. Also cspa age out. So im very confused. I dnt know what to do.? Am i eligible for v visa? If not then what to do ? I dont know about v visa. Please explain me about. How can i apply for v visa. My priority date is in sep 2004.. It ll be current early soon. So plz help me.

Hi Jess,

I am afraid, I don't have best of news for you. In case of age out, you won't be able to accompany principal beneficiary. But, nothing to loose heart, there was a provision in s.744 bill, where in a case like yours, the age out child will retain priority date of Principal beneficiary. Hence expediting the process in new application. All depends on how broad the coverage will be in EA.

As far as extension of V Visa, that's again within folds of EA by president. Not much clear in s.744 about that. So, keep the fingers crossed and wait for your day.

Thanks for the update Paseb... Good luck all F3s.

Comment

• A News Article

The Senate today considered a motion to prevent President Obama from issuing an executive action effectively offering legal status to illegal immigrants, which he has threatened to do after this fall’s election. The motion, which needed 51 votes, was rejected, 50–50, with just five Democrats defecting.

Comment

• Originally posted by klovekesh View Post
              Hi Jess,

I am afraid, I don't have best of news for you. In case of age out, you won't be able to accompany principal beneficiary. But, nothing to loose heart, there was a provision in s.744 bill, where in a case like yours, the age out child will retain priority date of Principal beneficiary. Hence expediting the process in new application. All depends on how broad the coverage will be in EA.

As far as extension of V Visa, that's again within folds of EA by president. Not much clear in s.744 about that. So, keep the fingers crossed and wait for your day.

Thanks for the update Paseb... Good luck all F3s.
              Hi klovekesh,
              I understand in S-744 its clear that there will be 2 types V visas V1 and V2
              One for children whose petitions were approved before attaining age 31 and will be eligible for a temporary visa to stay in the US till their PD is processed and IV issued.
              Another for children whose petitions were approved after attaining age 31 who can visit the family in US and stay for max 60 days but have to return every year but will not be eligible to work I feel there will be very few takers for this and people with CSPA age out may utilize this visa.
              Now its the presidents prerogative to choose whats best to clean up the messed up immigration system. Lets hope he puts his best foot forward and bring in real reform.
              You can refer http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/...KlRdy:e499884:
              SEC. 2309. V NON IMMIGRANT VISAS.
              Thanks and good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by paseb View Post
                Hi klovekesh,
                I understand in S-744 its clear that there will be 2 types V visas V1 and V2
                One for children whose petitions were approved before attaining age 31 and will be eligible for a temporary visa to stay in the US till their PD is processed and IV issued.
                Another for children whose petitions were approved after attaining age 31 who can visit the family in US and stay for max 60 days but have to return every year but will not be eligible to work I feel there will be very few takers for this and people with CSPA age out may utilize this visa.
                Now its the presidents prerogative to choose whats best to clean up the messed up immigration system. Lets hope he puts his best foot forward and bring in real reform.
                You can refer http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/...KlRdy:e499884:
                SEC. 2309. V NON IMMIGRANT VISAS.
                Thanks and good luck
                Thanks Paseb,
                That's a great bit of info. This provision will definitely clean up the lot of mess created by age out and f2b to f3 converted cases. And above all... it will give opportunity for divideds to re-unite. Hope for best!

Comment

• Thank you soo much klovekes andd paseb for explain me.

I totaly understand about v1 and v2 visa. I am already aged out now. I won't be able to go with my parents. So am i eligible for v1 visa ? My age is now 23 years and 8 months. If yes then what's the procedure for v1 visa. ?? How much time it will take to get v1 visa??
                  Last edited by jess; 09-20-2014, 02:13 AM.

Comment

• Thank you soo much klovekes and pesab for explain me.

I totaly understand about v1 and v2 visa. I am already aged out now. I won't be able to go with my parents. So am i eligible for v1 visa ? My age is now 23 years and 8 months. If yes then what's the procedure for v1 visa. ?? How much time it will take to get v1 visa??
                    Last edited by jess; 09-20-2014, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Thank you soo much klovekes and pesab for explain me.

Hi jess
                      Frankly I don't know how your case will turn out because the V visa is applicable for primary applicant and derivatives but since you are aged out under CSPA maybe the same logic will be applied as in the case of normal IV and if its so then unfortunately you cannot go. I suggest you consult a lawyer when the EA is done.
                      And right now nothing is to be done only after the EA is done or S-744 is passed all the above will be applicable.

Comment

• Originally posted by paseb View Post
                        Hi jess
                        Frankly I don't know how your case will turn out because the V visa is applicable for primary applicant and derivatives but since you are aged out under CSPA maybe the same logic will be applied as in the case of normal IV and if its so then unfortunately you cannot go. I suggest you consult a lawyer when the EA is done.
                        And right now nothing is to be done only after the EA is done or S-744 is passed all the above will be applicable.
                        Paseb is right Jess. Everything is within the folds of EA. It all depends which categories are touched upon and how broader the coverage is. But, with involvement of business community and immigration activists, we can assume that F3 is going to be benefited with this EA.
                        Just wait for day when president announce the EA, and then the real action will start.

Comment

• Thank you sooo much klovekes and paseb. I got all this things. But please can you inform me when president will announce EA.

Comment

Thank you sooo much klovekes and paseb. I got all this things. But please can you inform me when president will announce EA.
                            Jess, The president initially assured to announce the EA by end of the Summer. But, in view of midterm elections and hard fight in certain senate territories, he has postoponed the timing for untill after elections. The midterm elections are going to be held on Nov 4. We may expect the much awaited announcement anytime after that. Also, the statement given by white house confirms that the announcement will be before end of year.

Comment

• WASHINGTON

Vice President Joe Biden told frustrated Hispanic leaders Monday President Barack Obama is “absolutely committed to moving forward” on comprehensive immigration reforms “and he’s going to do an awful lot.”

Biden said Obama was determined to move ahead “with or without” Congress and “if they don’t get something done by the end of this year, the president’s going to do it.”

Biden’s remarks came as he and his wife, Jill, hosted a Hispanic Heritage Month reception Monday at their Naval Observatory residence.

Comment

• Okkk i got it klovekes. Hope they will announce shortly.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X