No announcement yet.

All F3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Department Officially Confirms the Coming Months Cut-Off Date Movement Prediction

o FAMILY-sponsored categories (monthly)
    + Worldwide dates:
    # F1: four to six weeks
    F2A: up to two and one half months
    F2B: three to six weeks
    F3: three to six weeks
    F4: three to five weeks

source (oh the law firm)

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by mt2644 View Post
      Hello all,

Hope for a better PD movement in 2012. You all deserve it. The economy is still struggling and people's perception of any kind of recovery soon is low.

I see mtouch, Zeed, dsz and pike have been busy helping out our new members and we should thank them for their time spent here. I wish I could visit more often but the daily routine keeps me busy with little time left to spend on other things. Two kids keep you very busy here.

Just hang in there and continue with your normal daily tasks. I am sure you will get your turn.

Take care,
      MT
      Thanks MT for dropping by. I'm trying to keep this thread alive and answering questions that I know the answer to. Hope you can visit more often and keep us updated about life over there. Fingers crossed for faster VB
      "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

F3 Watch List for active members

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
      dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
      S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
      Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
      diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
      Puddy = April 2003
      hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
      Imran123 = Aug 2003
      butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
      krish_84 = Nov 2004 / zaga14 = Nov 8, 2004

Comment

• Hello

What a very nice surprise MT!!! It's good hearing from you. Thanks for the encouraging words. Yes I am getting on with my daily life. Waited so long and was very disappointed when things retrogressed. I am in my 10th year of waiting, I am watching the VB and I'm hopeful but still bracing myself for any unexpected ugly surprise.

Do take care of youself and family and anytime you have a chance you are always welcomed to drop us a line.

Comment

• hi

Nice to hear from You MT. Which state in USA you settled? Are you doing job or business?

We are waiting & waiting for Vb to move....

Take care.

Originally posted by mt2644 View Post
          Hello all,

Hope for a better PD movement in 2012. You all deserve it. The economy is still struggling and people's perception of any kind of recovery soon is low.

I see mtouch, Zeed, dsz and pike have been busy helping out our new members and we should thank them for their time spent here. I wish I could visit more often but the daily routine keeps me busy with little time left to spend on other things. Two kids keep you very busy here.

Just hang in there and continue with your normal daily tasks. I am sure you will get your turn.

Take care,
          MT

Comment

• Hey all! I'm new to this forum! Here's my situation. I just need insight or any comments on my situation.

I'm from the Philippines. My grandfather petitioned my mother almost 20 years ago and our PD is Nov 15, 1992. I was only 8 months old at that time. We're under the F3 category. Currently, the cutoff date for F3 is July 22, 1992.

The thing is, I'm turning 21 on March 2013. What are your predictions? Do you think I can still make it? I don't think the CSPA can help me that much since the petition was immediately approved upon filing back in 1992.

We've been waiting for almost 20 years and the fact that I might not be able to benefit from the petition really depresses me. It's like I've been waiting since I was 8 months old and now that I'm 20, our PD still isn't current. What do you think will happen? F3 hasn't moved since January of this year, and it has been like this after the retrogression that happened last year. Thanks!
            Last edited by keyboard1992; 04-21-2012, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by keyboard1992 View Post
              Hey all! I'm new to this forum! Here's my situation. I just need insight or any comments on my situation.

I'm from the Philippines. My grandfather petitioned my mother almost 20 years ago and our PD is Nov 15, 1992. I was only 8 months old at that time. We're under the F3 category. Currently, the cutoff date for F3 is July 22, 1992.

The thing is, I'm turning 21 on March 2013. What are your predictions? Do you think I can still make it? I don't think the CSPA can help me that much since the petition was immediately approved upon filing back in 1992.

We've been waiting for almost 20 years and the fact that I might not be able to benefit from the petition really depresses me. It's like I've been waiting since I was 8 months old and now that I'm 20, our PD still isn't current. What do you think will happen? F3 hasn't moved since January of this year, and it has been like this after the retrogression that happened last year. Thanks!
              When exactly was the petition approved ? Fingers crossed the PD for F3 Phils. will move faster soon.
              "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

aaydrian = June 7, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
              Puddy = April 2003
              Imran123 = Aug 2003
              butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004

Comment

• Philipines

Dear Mtouch,

I believe that you are also from Philippines .. ..you can help him.

Comment

• Hey dsz and mtouch! Thanks for your replies and concern.

@mtouch Thanks for your optimism. I needed that. The petition was approved Dec 15, 1992, just a month after the priority date of Nov 15, 1992, so based on my calculation, my CSPA age and real age is just 1 month apart, right?

July 22 - Nov 15 is just around 4 months. I really hope the PD for F3 moves 4 months in the coming months.

Just a little bit of background:
                  We were already able to submit to NVC all the requirements needed prior to the medical & actual interview but NVC required my dad to submit numerous police clearances since he had worked in a number of countries since he started his career. Because these police clearances took months, we were affected by the retrogression. Now, however, all necessary police clearances have been forwarded to NVC and we're just really waiting for our PD to be current.

Does the retrogression affect my CSPA age in any way? Are there any possible loopholes that would pose as an advantage to my situation? Thanks a lot.
                  Last edited by keyboard1992; 04-22-2012, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by keyboard1992 View Post
                    Hey dsz and mtouch! Thanks for your replies and concern.

@mtouch Thanks for your optimism. I needed that. The petition was approved Dec 15, 1992, just a month after the priority date of Nov 15, 1992, so based on my calculation, my CSPA age and real age is just 1 month apart, right?

July 22 - Nov 15 is just around 4 months. I really hope the PD for F3 moves 4 months in the coming months.

Just a little bit of background:
                    We were already able to submit to NVC all the requirements needed prior to the medical & actual interview but NVC required my dad to submit numerous police clearances since he had worked in a number of countries since he started his career. Because these police clearances took months, we were affected by the retrogression. Now, however, all necessary police clearances have been forwarded to NVC and we're just really waiting for our PD to be current.

Does the retrogression affect my CSPA age in any way? Are there any possible loopholes that would pose as an advantage to my situation? Thanks a lot.
                    @keyboard1992 : I sent you a PM with my reply.
                    "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

aaydrian = June 7, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
                    Puddy = April 2003
                    Imran123 = Aug 2003
                    butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004

Comment

• F1 student visa application

I am filling DS-160 for my daughter for F1 Visa.
                      I have a problem with the question that says "Has anyone filed an immigrant petition on your behalf"

My father has filed immigration petition for me, I am the principal beneficiary/applicant. F3 preference. My daughter is listed as dependent, . She is 18 years old.

Do I answer yes or no to the question?

Thanks

Comment

• @ dsz

Definitely answer "NO". The petition is for you not for her. She is simply a beneficiary. I had to do the same for my daughter when she applied for her student visa in June 2010. She was approved. They gave her a five (5) year student visa and left her ten (10) year B1/B2 visa which is still valid until 2018. During the interview they did ask her about her grandmother, and told her she would have to come back in 18 months to 2 years for the greencard interview ( unfortunately that didnt happen). Other than that , they asked her about her choice of university, how she knew about this university and what sport it is famous for- just general conversation. She told us interviewer was friendly and it was short. She is now completeing her second year at university., and is able to work on campus.Good luck.

Comment

• thanks

@butter

Thanks a lot. . By the way, I sent you email in your hotmail account for the same question.
                          My daughter is excited as she got admission in Wharton business school at University of Pennsylvania.

Hope VB move faster.

Comment

• June 2012 VB prediction

June 2012 VB will probably be 4/1/2012 . Any other prediction ?
                            "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

aaydrian = June 7, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
                            Puddy = April 2003
                            Imran123 = Aug 2003
                            butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004

Comment

• I agree with you mtouch , my brother (priority date 4/6/02) did not receive interview email. NVC sends the interview emails in the first week of the month.

Comment

• when we can expect june on visa bulletin , mine PD is in june.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X