Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Came to US on F1, changed to H1B and now wish to change back to F1

Hi,

Please help me as I am not clear what to do. I came to US in June 2005 on F1 Visa to do my Masters in Engineering Science and completed it in December 2006. After my graduation I found a Job and they sponsored my H1B in April 2007, which got approved and validated on October 2007. I have never left the country since I have entered in June 05, that means my I-94 still holds the F-1 on it.

I am currently on H1B (Work Permit) Visa, valid till 10.03.2010.

Recently I have decided to pursuit higher studies, to do PhD in Biomedical Engineering Science. I applied to the University and they have approved my application and given me the admission in PhD with Assistantship and Full Fee Waiver. I have also received the I-20 for the same.

Now my queries are:

a. Can I apply for an appointment at US Consulate in Mexico for Visa stamping for F1 (student visa) for my PhD for the Fall 09 term, knowing that I have been issued F1 Visa in the country of origin (India) in 2005 to do my Masters degree, then in October 07 I got it changed to H1B (work permit) from US Department of Homeland Security and now I want to change it back to F1 to pursuit fully funded PhD? Although I have the approval notice for H1B (I-797), but it has not been yet stamped on my Passport.

b. Which US consulate will be better to go take the appointment, low chance of rejection, Canada or Mexico?

c. When I am suppose to deposit the SEVIS fee?

Please help me and if some senior member or with anyone having similar experience or knowledge could reply ASAP

Thanks

PIKMAM
    Last edited by pikmam; 07-17-2009, 02:48 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X